Solar ecplse on Friday

MIDNITE

There is a sceduled total solar eclipse on friday 20th march @ approx 8.25 am here in the uk

Professor Brian Cox will be over seeing the event live as it happens and it will be brodcasting live on TV and radio.

Happy stargazing everyone ! ENJOY!!!!! :)

Ps almost forgot PLEASE DO NOT under any circustances ever look directly at own niebooring star - the sun, sounds obvious but if you do you will almost certanily be blinded for life!
Please be carefull if taking photos or video footage with your phones ect!

But im really looking forward 2 this, as apart from being a wildlife and nature expert ( I studied biology as part of my science degrea) ( and some other fantastic stuff that im highly knowledable in or so im told - think some of you wud be very surprised!) im also a bit of a star gazer and into astronomy!
Yep I ofteren go out at midnite with my binoculars in hand 2 scan the skies and space 2 see what I can see and find, unfortunatly however its all 2 easy to become distracted slightly when one ends up looking thru peoples house windows !
I just cant resist, its quite surprising what one can observe ! LOL :)(sorry)

I will be back 2 the forum shortly 2 chat 2 other forum members about this eclipse!

Last edited:
Re: SOLAR ECPLSE ON FRIDAY! :o)

There is a sceduled total solar eclipse on friday 18th march @ approx 8.25 am here in the uk

Professor Brian Cox will be over seeing the event live as it happens and it will be brodcasting live on TV and radio.

Happy stargazing everyone ! ENJOY!!!!! :)

Ps almost forgot PLEASE DO NOT under any circustances ever look directly at own niebooring star - the sun, sounds obvious but if you do you will almost certanily be blinded for life!
Please be carefull if taking photos or video footage with your phones ect!

But im really looking forward 2 this, as apart from being a wildlife and nature expert ( I studied biology as part of my science degrea) ( and some other fantastic stuff that im highly knowledable in or so im told - think some of you wud be very surprised!) im also a bit of a star gazer and into astronomy!
Yep I ofteren go out at midnite with my binoculars in hand 2 scan the skies and space 2 see what I can see and find, unfortunatly however its all 2 easy to become distracted slightly when one ends up looking thru peoples house windows !
I just cant resist, its quite surprising what one can observe ! LOL :)(sorry)

I will be back 2 the forum shortly 2 chat 2 other forum members about this eclipse!

very cool, my wife has various science degrees that i listen to her talk about with my own dilettantish interests and we do a telescope that i just love and yes you do end up looking in windows but thats more my interests in psychology. wonder if its connected to the massive solar storm that happened today

very cool, my wife has various science degrees that i listen to her talk about with my own dilettantish interests and we do a telescope that i just love and yes you do end up looking in windows but thats more my interests in psychology. wonder if its connected to the massive solar storm that happened today

HI no its nothing 2 do with any solar storms we seen today, they reckon the USA was the best place to withess this event, some incredible photos online!
These solar storms are nothing to worry about, our sun is actually a very very stable star ! :)
Our sun will be here for a long time yet and when it does eventually die, humans will have populated and relocated 2 other universes and planets and dimensions and places by then anyways ! :)

HI no its nothing 2 do with any solar storms we seen today, they reckon the USA was the best place to withess this event, some incredible photos online!
These solar storms are nothing to worry about, our sun is actually a very very stable star ! :)
Our sun will be here for a long time yet and when it does eventually die, humans will have populated and relocated 2 other universes and planets and dimensions and places by then anyways ! :)

I remember the eclipse in 1999. It was cloudy.

best
BB

I only watch vegan eclipses. Since the moon is made out of cheese I'm afraid I won't be able to participate in this eclipse.

I only watch vegan eclipses. Since the moon is made out of cheese I'm afraid I won't be able to participate in this eclipse.

Why don't you just go and munch on Morrissey's cheesy panini? This is a serious discussion.

best
BB

Why don't you just go and munch on Morrissey's cheesy panini? This is a serious discussion.

best
BB

Last edited by a moderator:

cool. i know i was reading about it possibly moving the northern lights and that they put on a pretty cool show the other day but didnt know if it was connected and yeah im not worried about ours going nova or something else i dont know about causing us harm. id be more worried about asteroids and the amount of space we dont or cant watch and eventually in the theoretical super long term the merging black holes

cool. i know i was reading about it possibly moving the northern lights and that they put on a pretty cool show the other day but didnt know if it was connected and yeah im not worried about ours going nova or something else i dont know about causing us harm. id be more worried about asteroids and the amount of space we dont or cant watch and eventually in the theoretical super long term the merging black holes[/QUOTE

Well I can see what you mean but in cosmic terms our sun wont actually go supa nova, its mass is far 2 small, it would need a mass of about 10 times more than our sun has, our sun will eventually just expand destroying earth and most of the other neighboring planets and then probaly eventually colapse into a white dwarf.
Our sun burns about 400 million of tons of hydrogen per second, but its mass is so large its will last for billions of years yet!
Nostrodamus has not predicted the end of the earth for a very long time of yet and hes never ever been wrong yet!
Ive studied his poems and verses quiet exstensily so I know!
And anyways the bible doesnt fortell this for a long time anyways! :)

(deleted the rest about the phycics and healers and witches ( were all the same and working towards the good ! ) and or any premonitions in dreams ect, id prefer 2 keep this private)

Interesting enough the red super giant star Betelgeuse, not sure of its mass, but its a massive super gaint, is getting ready to go supernova quite soon within the next million years, and when it does we will see an incredible display back here, but there is no need too worry about this star as its about 640 light years from earth and wont affect us back here!

Id prefer not 2 discus any concerens about a gaint astroid impact on earth, and there have been some, but again, theres no need to be overly concered, we are montering any potential dangers and could possibly avoid and take action to aviod such a catastrophic disaster! .
We are hit by small astriods every day but there burn up in the atmophere anyways!

There are some strange things out there in the universe, thats for sure, which defie all our present day knowledge of physics, we just havent a clue what they are, black holes goodness knows whats would happen is 2 massive black holes collided!

Yes I remeber the last solar eclipse 2 ! :)

my knowledge of astrophysics is very iffy but from what i read it didnt seem that we were watching, capable of watching, all or even the majority of the sky but yeah meteors do hit all the time and weve seen a few showers now and again and of course got to see haleys comet twice which was cool. as for anything going nova, i dont know the technical meaning of the word and just use it topically for when a star dies etc. as for black holes i thought they already did collide and merge or at least theyd seen evidence that strongly suggested such. i thought the idea suggesting the size of the universe and the placements and size of black holes was neat in correlation and thought it was cool how they tried to measure universe growth and speed of growth. i dont really pursue physics much intentionally but cant not read an interesting article on the subject and rachel whos got the physics degree but again not really astrophysics. its kinda funny as shes got the hard science and ive got the fuzzy softer science background social psych and modern western philosophy and hopefully ill finally be able to go back again now that rachels schooling is over and add an illustration degree (ya know just to have three all unconnected). feel free to talk about physics anytime though as im for sure interested and maybe youll tell me something interesting.

cool. i know i was reading about it possibly moving the northern lights and that they put on a pretty cool show the other day but didnt know if it was connected and yeah im not worried about ours going nova or something else i dont know about causing us harm. id be more worried about asteroids and the amount of space we dont or cant watch and eventually in the theoretical super long term the merging black holes[/QUOTE

Well I can see what you mean but in cosmic terms our sun wont actually go supa nova, its mass is far 2 small, it would need a mass of about 10 times more than our sun has, our sun will eventually just expand destroying earth and most of the other neighboring planets and then probaly eventually colapse into a white dwarf.
Our sun burns about 400 million of tons of hydrogen per second, but its mass is so large its will last for billions of years yet!
Nostrodamus has not predicted the end of the earth for a very long time of yet and hes never ever been wrong yet!
Ive studied his poems and verses quiet exstensily so I know!
And anyways the bible doesnt fortell this for a long time anyways! :)

(deleted the rest about the phycics and healers and witches ( were all the same and working towards the good ! ) and or any premonitions in dreams ect, id prefer 2 keep this private)

Interesting enough the red super giant star Betelgeuse, not sure of its mass, but its a massive super gaint, is getting ready to go supernova quite soon within the next million years, and when it does we will see an incredible display back here, but there is no need too worry about this star as its about 640 light years from earth and wont affect us back here!

Id prefer not 2 discus any concerens about a gaint astroid impact on earth, and there have been some, but again, theres no need to be overly concered, we are montering any potential dangers and could possibly avoid and take action to aviod such a catastrophic disaster! .
We are hit by small astriods every day but there burn up in the atmophere anyways!

There are some strange things out there in the universe, thats for sure, which defie all our present day knowledge of physics, we just havent a clue what they are, black holes goodness knows whats would happen is 2 massive black holes collided!

Yes I remeber the last solar eclipse 2 ! :)

An alien star passed through our Solar System just 70,000 years ago, astronomers have discovered.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-31519875

Last edited by a moderator:
Hope some of you managed 2 experience the eclipse live!

my knowledge of astrophysics is very iffy but from what i read it didnt seem that we were watching, capable of watching, all or even the majority of the sky but yeah meteors do hit all the time and weve seen a few showers now and again and of course got to see haleys comet twice which was cool. as for anything going nova, i dont know the technical meaning of the word and just use it topically for when a star dies etc. as for black holes i thought they already did collide and merge or at least theyd seen evidence that strongly suggested such. i thought the idea suggesting the size of the universe and the placements and size of black holes was neat in correlation and thought it was cool how they tried to measure universe growth and speed of growth. i dont really pursue physics much intentionally but cant not read an interesting article on the subject and rachel whos got the physics degree but again not really astrophysics. its kinda funny as shes got the hard science and ive got the fuzzy softer science background social psych and modern western philosophy and hopefully ill finally be able to go back again now that rachels schooling is over and add an illustration degree (ya know just to have three all unconnected). feel free to talk about physics anytime though as im for sure interested and maybe youll tell me something interesting.

Well im like you, just a beginner + learner myself in the field of comology + astronomy ect, its an absolute mienfield, havent a clue what any of it means!!!
But you sound as if you know the basics, yes you could well be right, there does seem 2 be evidence that black holes have merged together creating super gaint black holes.

But Im more of a wildlife + nature expert + expert in some other fields (excuse the pun!)
Im fact told im fantastic at something but I simply shrug of such nonsence as speculation and public hearsay!

Im just wondering if there is more 2 be "concerned" about with the unprecedented and incredible rise and speed at which artificial computer intelligence is advancing.
And is evolving at a far faster rate than humans can biologically evolve 2 match there superiour intellegnece!

Think were all familair with the movie terminater - rise of the machines.
Science fiction ? absoulty not! Its a very easily reachable posibility with in the VERY near future if were not carefull !
We already have highly intellegent super computers which program other super computers + which talk 2 each other - goodness knows what information there sharing !

Goodness me anyone reading this may think im sounding like a pariniod schrisophenic who hates robots!!

Not at all I like them, I feel there are endless wonderfull opertunities 4 intellegent huminiod life like robots 2 help + serve mankind !
I can think of so many helpfull applications within medical science 4 example, they can make highly complex calculations in fractions of a second! and help put an end once and 4 all of all this disgusting + horrible animal testing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:(

Ps interesting link about the alien star

Anyways thanks for reading
Take care everyone.

MIDNITE :)

Hope some of you managed 2 experience the eclipse live!

Well im like you, just a beginner + learner myself in the field of comology + astronomy ect, its an absolute mienfield, havent a clue what any of it means!!!
But you sound as if you know the basics, yes you could well be right, there does seem 2 be evidence that black holes have merged together creating super gaint black holes.

But Im more of a wildlife + nature expert + expert in some other fields (excuse the pun!)
Im fact told im fantastic at something but I simply shrug of such nonsence as speculation and public hearsay!

Im just wondering if there is more 2 be "concerned" about with the unprecedented and incredible rise and speed at which artificial computer intelligence is advancing.
And is evolving at a far faster rate than humans can biologically evolve 2 match there superiour intellegnece!

Think were all familair with the movie terminater - rise of the machines.
Science fiction ? absoulty not! Its a very easily reachable posibility with in the VERY near future if were not carefull !
We already have highly intellegent super computers which program other super computers + which talk 2 each other - goodness knows what information there sharing !

Goodness me anyone reading this may think im sounding like a pariniod schrisophenic who hates robots!!

Not at all I like them, I feel there are endless wonderfull opertunities 4 intellegent huminiod life like robots 2 help + serve mankind !
I can think of so many helpfull applications within medical science 4 example
, they can make highly complex calculations in fractions of a second! and help put an end once and 4 all of all this disgusting + horrible animal testing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:(

Ps interesting link about the alien star

Anyways thanks for reading
Take care everyone.

MIDNITE :)

I had a lovely eclipse but I was a bit sad as the last one was in 99 and our babies were thrilled,now they're adult and were kinda Meh!

In Japan they are building robots to help old people with care and to combat loneliness:

[h=1]'A robot is my friend': Can machines care for elderly?[/h]
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-24949081

best
BB

Last edited:
It was snowing here (first day of spring, WTF?), so couldn't see it.

And I couldn't see the Northern Lights on Monday night either......too much light "pollution" and probably about 70 miles too South to see, although I heard some people saw them in some pretty unusual places that they aren't normally seen.

Back
Top Bottom