Some fans are just plain jealous of Julia's relationship with Moz!!!

Sorry but Julia does NO FAVOURS with the fans. She sat front row at a concert I was at....I was two rows behind. About 10 mins after we took our seats these two girls walk along the front looking for their seats. low and behold Julia and was sitting in one of their seats. She told them that they should sit somewhere else because of who she was.The girls to be fair stood up to her ....but it was definately a case of "beat it.....do you know who I am?" The girls got one of the bouncers to move her.....seems her ticket was for a completely different part of the venue and she tries this on all the time. She also does the "do you know who I am" routine at standing venues too.

Sorry but Julia does NO FAVOURS with the fans. She sat front row at a concert I was at....I was two rows behind. About 10 mins after we took our seats these two girls walk along the front looking for their seats. low and behold Julia and was sitting in one of their seats. She told them that they should sit somewhere else because of who she was.The girls to be fair stood up to her ....but it was definately a case of "beat it.....do you know who I am?" The girls got one of the bouncers to move her.....seems her ticket was for a completely different part of the venue and she tries this on all the time. She also does the "do you know who I am" routine at standing venues too.

Blimey.Pride comes before a fall and all that.

Arrogance is not good in anyone.

I've no problem with Julia being at every gig & getting attention from Morrissey... but that bitch needs to sand her elbows. I swear I've still got a bruise even though it was nearly three years ago.

Of course, I jest. She didn't elbow me in the ribs at the Bridgewater Hall, she kicked me in the shin, I'm sure it was an accident, someone else elbowed me in the ribs.

One point I have: the only people who know who Julia is are, I assume, people who've been to multiple gigs. So in their own small way, they're also following him round.

To the poster who was going on about her carbon footprint. Unless she was the only person on each flight, her carbon footprint is no more than any of the other passengers.

I think we should be grateful for Julia plugging away with the fanzines when times for Moz weren't quite as easy. She certainly goes back a long way.
For my part I have always found her very pleasant and courteous!

It is interesting, though, that this debate was raging 10 years ago as this link shows – http://forums.morrissey-solo.com/showthread.php?t=2205
so I should imagine that what they might read here is water off a duck's back to Moz's entourage. However the heckler yesterday went too far as evidenced by Boz's reaction (good on your Boz!). Boz is a mild mannered guy and this heckler must have been truly odious to provoke such a reaction.

You do have to wonder, though. You assume that everyone buying a ticket likes Moz, his band and the music and they are there to welcome him to their town. His greeting of Julia is part of the deal. And that's fine. It is only a few seconds between one or maybe two songs anyway. How can that possibly upset anyone?

I don't know how any Morrissey fan could be jealous of Julia??? So Moz name checks her occasionally, so what? So she's rich? She's probably not the only rich Moz fan out there, is she? It's a well known fact Moz doesn't like this site and drools over her very average site because of spite maybe?

Does he have site spite?

Come on people she doesn't get to do anymore than we do. We all get to buy his music, listen to it and see him live. Do we really want our names called out at concerts anyway?

Good luck to her.

I wasn't there, but this story makes no sense whatsoever.

I have a similar story to this and it is documented on this site enough times that I won't repeat it.

Julia is a c*** and she deserves to be called one as long as she keeps doing shit like this to people. I have heckled her more than once and I encourage anyone else who finds the shit that she does to be despicable to keep piling on.

As far as her being Morrissey's friend... Morrissey should deal with his personal relationships outside of the concerts that are filled with people, who unlike her, actually paid to get in. If Morrissey starts doing free shows and he wants to have tea and crumpets with his friends then no one can really complain.

My biggest problem with Julia is that people who don't know all the facts defend her. People who meet her think she's nice because she says hi and has generic conversations with them. How hard it is to not offend strangers? I am willing to bet that Boz doesn't know the stories from the trenches.

The stories of the line cutting and the seat stealing are what anyone who says she is nice are either ignoring or unaware of. I also don't like the way she tells people what they should and should not do. I jokingly said I was going to make a sign that said, "It's hard to walk tall when you're Mike Joyce" and she was all like, "Don't do that. You'll upset him!"

I really doubt that would upset him but it upset her that I even suggested it. Her presumptuous arrogance is pathetic.

I would wish her dead but honestly, the life she has seems so empty and desperate I think she should be cursed with 10 more years of Morrissey touring.

Last edited:
I never heard of Julia before this site - but then again - I'm usually not up front at shows so didn't realize there was all this drama going on. I can't really have an opinion on her since I've never met her for myself- but just wanted to say that I thought the pic that someone posted was cute - someone obviously really enjoying themselves and that was sweet to see.

I have a similar story to this and it is documented on this site enough times that I won't repeat it.

Julia is a c*** and she deserves to be called one as long as she keeps doing shit like this to people. I have heckled her more than once and I encourage anyone else who finds the shit that she does to be despicable to keep piling on.

As far as her being Morrissey's friend... Morrissey should deal with his personal relationships outside of the concerts that are filled with people, who unlike her, actually paid to get in. If Morrissey starts doing free shows and he wants to have tea and crumpets with his friends then no one can really complain.

My biggest problem with Julia is that people who don't know all the facts defend her. People who meet her think she's nice because she says hi and has generic conversations with them. How hard it is to not offend strangers? I am willing to bet that Boz doesn't know the stories from the trenches.

The stories of the line cutting and the seat stealing are what anyone who says she is nice are either ignoring or unaware of. I also don't like the way she tells people what they should and should not do. I jokingly said I was going to make a sign that said, "It's hard to walk tall when you're Mike Joyce" and she was all like, "Don't do that. You'll upset him!"

I really doubt that would upset him but it upset her that I even suggested it. Her presumptuous arrogance is pathetic.

I would wish her dead but honestly, the life she has seems so empty and desperate I think she should be cursed with 10 more years of Morrissey touring.

Makes perfect sense.

The 'American Lady" in the documentary is actually my friend Ange, who is from New Zealand and Australia, where most of that doc was filmed. She has been a fan of Moz's for many years and he will be sure to give her a nod or wave at the shows and she is just fine with that!

Wish there was some video of that, would be cool to see haha
I have no opinion either way on her, yes if I was that rich I'd probably go to many more Moz gigs than I currently am (and by that I mean all 2 that I've been able to see). What on earth does she do to make money? Obviously got something set in place to make her money work for her because all this time on tour means she's not working...

My only question is I'm not even really sure who she is .. I thought that in the Importance of being Morrissey doco, is she the American lady that comes on and says soemthing about "love of the one common sovereign which is Morrissey" ?

It's a bit annoying to have him constantly going on and on about Julia in bootlegs you hear, that annoys me, but that's not jealous, if I was going to that many gigs I doubt I'd like to be namechecked all the time like that, I'd like to just go and enjoy the gigs.

Funny thing but when I was younger and heard the recordings and before I knew the backstory, I thought "Julia" was Moz's collective name for the audience, and that when addressing Julia he was talking to everyone haha

I do not worry for julia , Heckler only said what all think here about her ,

=I read this forum since 2004
but that could buy their way into Morrissey's affection? this is the topic

are you think this
. I should buy lottery continuously:D

Finally Morrissey will stop mentioning Julia at concerts. He got the response he wanted from the crowd.

Yes the fan was asked to leave, but from my understanding, the fan was quite vulgar.

I think we should be grateful for Julia plugging away with the fanzines when times for Moz weren't quite as easy. She certainly goes back a long way.
For my part I have always found her very pleasant and courteous!

It is interesting, though, that this debate was raging 10 years ago as this link shows – http://forums.morrissey-solo.com/showthread.php?t=2205
so I should imagine that what they might read here is water off a duck's back to Moz's entourage. However the heckler yesterday went too far as evidenced by Boz's reaction (good on your Boz!). Boz is a mild mannered guy and this heckler must have been truly odious to provoke such a reaction.

You do have to wonder, though. You assume that everyone buying a ticket likes Moz, his band and the music and they are there to welcome him to their town. His greeting of Julia is part of the deal. And that's fine. It is only a few seconds between one or maybe two songs anyway. How can that possibly upset anyone?

Boz didn't have a clue what was going on. He looked genuinely bewildered. Morrissey had to point out the fan to him when he asked for him to sort it out. His reaction was on Morrisseys cue and not in any way connected to his view of the incident.

It's called having-friends-who-get-there-early-and-let-you-jump-the-queue.

Not that it matters. She doesn't take up much space!

You're right! But when it's on a seated venue it can be annoying the fact that 1 front seat will always be reserved for her.

Back
Top Bottom