Morrissey Central "Some Gave All." (May 9, 2020)

images_hqxvpb.jpg

Little Richard (1932-2020)

" … pre-Stones, pre-Dolls, pre-Bowie, pre-Prince … a black kid in make-up and high heels … pompador hair and screaming his head off in the name of almighty happiness … you wouldn't see this bravery in our Covid-1984 music world … Let's all go outside and clap for Little Richard. No? "

Morrissey,
9 May 2020.

Last edited by a moderator:
View attachment 56339

Little Richard (1932-2020)

" … pre-Stones, pre-Dolls, pre-Bowie, pre-Prince … a black kid in make-up and high heels … pompador hair and screaming his head off in the name of almighty happiness … you wouldn't see this bravery in our Covid-1984 music world … Let's all go outside and clap for Little Richard. No? "

Morrissey,
9 May 2020.

Hell, yes.

Well said, Moz!

Richard was a true legend; like some sex-mad alien beamed down to impregnate Earth with pure, unadulterated rock!

Eh....wot?!?

this doesn’t fit the right-wing racist image at all!

did Morrissey hijack his website away from Sam again? what is going ON?

RIP Little Richard. I must say the news of Florian dying was worse for me. Not sure why Moz drags in the Covid reference. Although 'Covid 1984' is sharp and witty.

p.s. I'll bet that 90% of people who reference 1984 and big brother haven't even read the book.
Reminds me of this photo of Moz reading 1985 while Paul Weller reads 1984.

images

Last edited:
Point taken....although never was into the "musical" aspect of his shtick...I agree, he certainly was an icon in his day.

RIP. He was before my time, and can’t say his music meant much to me, but love Moz’s tribute. “Covid-1984 music world“ is perfect. LOL.

DylanYearbook-1589064904-414x319.jpg

Bob Dylan Pays Tribute To Little Richard

“COVID-1984”? ???
Awwwww, poor wittle Moss doesn’t like being told to wear a mask or stay at home. Waaa waaaaa. ??
Cheers to a GOD like Little Richard and cheers to Moss dying of COVID-19 soon.

“COVID-1984”? ???
Awwwww, poor wittle Moss doesn’t like being told to wear a mask or stay at home. Waaa waaaaa. ??
Cheers to a GOD like Little Richard and cheers to Moss dying of COVID-19 soon.

He's complaining about how boring the music world is. Which it is.

I would never hope you die of it, but it's not like we'd notice.

So people are all finally stilling in and you’re mad about it? Make up your mind, Mr. Morrissey.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom