Some Girls... & recent live Smiths tracks via Qobuz downloads

Not sure how they plan to finish this series, as it’s supposed to be one unreleased live version of each track from TQID. As far as I know they only playd Some Girls Are Bigger than Others once (at Brixton Academy last gig) and that was already released on the I Started Something single way back in the day

Not sure how they plan to finish this series, as it’s supposed to be one unreleased live version of each track from TQID. As far as I know they only playd Some Girls Are Bigger than Others once (at Brixton Academy last gig) and that was already released on the I Started Something single way back in the day

It will be remastered and edited slightly I guess.

Update 25th Sept. :
The Official Smiths site graced us with There is... Take 1 again, so no download today.
Regards,
FWD.

Updated 29th Sept with the elusive Aragon Ballroom There is a Light.
Note: the files of this track are not Qobuz and the .flac was difficult enough to source let alone find different formats!
Here is the .flac of it which was the initial format available to the kind person who paid for it:
https://www.sendspace.com/file/kl66dr
Regards,
FWD.

Last edited:
https://www.sendspace.com/file/cajsvu

Slightly disappointed that the Some Girls version is identical to the released version, so I created matrix mix from the audience recording and the soundboard - it's longer as it includes more audience at the start and finish - plus it's a bit livelier with some added top end. Don't shoot me, it's for my own pleasure really but thought some might be interested to hear it. If you think it sucks, I don't mind

I know they have been releasing live versions of all the album tracks on Spotify/Youtube, but where is 'There Is A Light (Take 1)' from - is that from the forthcoming deluxe album itself?

I know they have been releasing live versions of all the album tracks on Spotify/Youtube, but where is 'There Is A Light (Take 1)' from - is that from the forthcoming deluxe album itself?
Take 1 and Rubber Ring / WSS are both from the box set due out soon.
Regards,
FWD.

Thanks for these - they really should have been included in the first place, but now at least I can burn my own CD and add it to the new deluxe boxset - great stuff!

guys is still don't get if those live-@-different-venues tracks posted one by one on spotify are gonna find place on official release.
the same tracks on youtube refer you to the deluxe version in which only the Live in Boston is included ( apart from the remastered + demo versions ).

I am confused ! Let alone i stumbled upon these
zE1boz4.jpg
0sdZiWf.jpg
!

guys is still don't get if those live-@-different-venues tracks posted one by one on spotify are gonna find place on official release.
the same tracks on youtube refer you to the deluxe version in which only the Live in Boston is included ( apart from the remastered + demo versions ).

I am confused ! Let alone i stumbled upon these
zE1boz4.jpg
0sdZiWf.jpg
!
They were sold one at a time as part of a promotion for the album. They are not an album in themselves. My mp3 player has a similar folder to above as the tracks were presented here through someone's kindness as they bought and shared them.
If you have a source that has them bundled together as an actual album via official sources, I'd be extremely keen to see it - that just appears to be an iPod with the stuff here place in it.
Other than that, this was done to direct people to the Smiths 'official' web URL, generate hype for the box set and included some online 'memories' via hashtags. I don't believe that any of that was to include a selective live date release to be included with the main offering.
Not all 'shop' routes to these sold MP3s even list all of the tracks for sale and don't forget Take 1 of TIALTNGO & Rubber Ring/WSS Great Woods Center were also offered in the build up.
It was a marketing ploy to generate interest with a bonus that people could give them extra money for one-offs.
Regards,
FWD.

Back
Top Bottom