Morrissey Central "Somewhere In Time" (August 27, 2020)

On a side note: Somewhere In Time is a great soundtrack album from John Barry, composed for the film of the same name, starring Christopher Reeve, the perfect Jane Seymour, and the suave Christopher Plummer. It is one of my prized vinyl possessions. I also like watching the film every few years. The first time I saw it was with my mother, and maybe that's another reason why it's a bit special to me.

Great film and I loved the book it's based on as well. :thumbsup:

The book Johnny Thunders In Cold Blood is being reissued written in 87. Moz wrote a funny loving blerb for the back cover. I hope it's included in reissue.

In a river the colour of lead
Immerse my mother’s head
Wrap her up in the ills of my world
And put her on t-shirt girl...

Richard said it best... “Open up your eyes, just to check check if you’re asleep again.”

Fak Arf

Really? This is idol worship gone too far. Let her rest. She was a private person in life, let her be in death. Pick through his trash and have a eulogy for an apple core. Madness.
Nah. This lot are in till the death. Soon come. The question is, what will they do after that? We’re looking at some serious INCEL madness, at that point. #MAGA (Morrissey ate gruyere again).

On a side note: Somewhere In Time is a great soundtrack album from John Barry, composed for the film of the same name, starring Christopher Reeve, the perfect Jane Seymour, and the suave Christopher Plummer. It is one of my prized vinyl possessions. I also like watching the film every few years. The first time I saw it was with my mother, and maybe that's another reason why it's a bit special to me.
Beautiful soundtrack! This was my mother's favorite film who passed away several years ago. In fact, one of the last films we saw together before her untimely death was another favorite of hers, "The Eddy Duchin Story." 😢

A member of the queer goth misfit music community raising money for animals in tribute to Moz's mother is fitting.

And he might know her?

I am sure she loves the fact you have just put her in her box

Well, if M doesn’t mind, and the money is going to a charity that Morrissey (or even his mother)
would approve of, then I don’t see a problem.

I don’t know if M is aware of this Central post, but Sam is family and it doesn’t bother him, so why should it bother anyone else.

it says tips will be donated. I wonder how many people tipped. Not many I assume. But Rose needs to express publicly her grief for someone she never met

Does he know yet? I don't know where Moz gets his information from, possibly carrier pigeon.

Moz lives on the internet. A laptop bag is the only thing he carries constantly with him. How else would he post his crazy posts under pseudonyms on here over the years? Was often on the chat page. I think carrier pigeon's were set free a while back

Morrissey's mother almost lost her home in this court case:

In December 1996, a legal case against Morrissey and Marr brought by Smiths' drummer Joyce arrived at the High Court. Joyce alleged that he had not received his fair share of recording and performance royalties from his time with the band, calling for at least £1 million in damages and 25% of all future Smiths album sales. After a seven-day hearing, the judge ruled in favour of Joyce.[156][157] In summing up the case, Judge Justice Weeks referred to Morrissey as "devious, truculent and unreliable when his own interests were at stake", with the words "devious" and "truculent" being widely used in press coverage of the ruling.[158] Marr paid the money legally owed to Joyce but Morrissey launched an appeal against the ruling.[159] He claimed that the judge had been biased against him from the start of the proceedings because of his public criticisms of Thatcher and her government.[160] Morrissey lost his appeal in July 1998, although he launched another soon after;[160] this too was unsuccessful.[161] In a November 2005 statement, Morrissey said that Joyce had cost him £600,000 in legal fees alone and approximately £1,515,000 in total.[162]

This was reported on back then but since then the mention of his mothers estate has all but disappeared unless for those of us with a good memory like me.

I am pretty sure this one has been done to death in recent days

I have this image of all these Morrissey fans sat at home in their Mrs Haversham dresses surrounded by candles and sacred heart and virgin mary statues with Rose's playlist in the background.

All typing away about their historic grief and a central photo of Elizabeth on the wall.

Absolutely bonkers

A psychotherapist's dream

I have this image of all these Morrissey fans sat at home in their Mrs Haversham dresses surrounded by candles and sacred heart and virgin mary statues with Rose's playlist in the background.

All typing away about their historic grief and a central photo of Elizabeth on the wall.

Absolutely bonkers

Well, I don't have those dresses, candles or statuaries, but I would have loved to listen to it. Unfortunately half of the video was silenced because of copyright.

Well, I don't have those dresses, candles or statuaries, but I would have loved to listen to it. Unfortunately half of the video was silenced because of copyright.

Not surprising. Same thing happens when people try to do parties via Facebook live or youtube. To broadcast copyrighted music across the internet airwaves you have to have a broadcast licence so all these platforms will cut it off frequently if it automatically detects copyrighted material.

Moz lives on the internet. A laptop bag is the only thing he carries constantly with him. How else would he post his crazy posts under pseudonyms on here over the years? Was often on the chat page. I think carrier pigeon's were set free a while back

There's no way he's on the internet - he'd have been banned from Twitter by now & every song on Dog would have been about the stupid fights that got him banned. :swear

Absolutely bonkers

And exactly what are you doing ...
still yapping on about it...
sounds like you are the one that needs professional help..
Give it a rest won’t ya ...

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom