Songs you can't get out of your head - Part II

These are the songs that are silently playing over and over and over.....

Iona Mink started the original (now archived) thread and posted this....

Earworms

The term earworm originally comes from a translation of the German word 'Ohrwurm'. It refers to the experience of having a tune or a part of a tune stuck in your head. Often a person experiencing an earworm has no idea why a tune has popped into their head and has little control over how long it continues.

We've been asking you for your earworms for a while now and sometimes we play them out on the show. You can still do this by using the handy form below.

Earworms are a really common phenomenon: A recent poll suggested over 90% of the population experience them at least once a week, so it seems like having the odd earworm is perfectly normal. Now Goldsmiths University have launched some serious research into our little wriggly friends, to find out more and to take part in the research just visit Goldsmiths website.The term earworm originally comes from a translation of the German word 'Ohrwurm'. It refers to the experience of having a tune or a part of a tune stuck in your head. Often a person experiencing an earworm has no idea why a tune has popped into their head and has little control over how long it continues.

We've been asking you for your earworms for a while now and sometimes we play them out on the show. You can still do this by using the handy form below.

Earworms are a really common phenomenon: A recent poll suggested over 90% of the population experience them at least once a week, so it seems like having the odd earworm is perfectly normal. Now Goldsmiths University have launched some serious research into our little wriggly friends, to find out more and to take part in the research just visit Goldsmiths website.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/6music/shows/sh...form/earworms/

A few days ago, my coworker casually mentioned that she was driving to a meeting, realized she was lost, and had no idea where she was going.
Almost instantly and ever since, I've been plagued by this 1975 Diana Ross song.

Last edited by a moderator:
it makes no sense what gets archived and what doesn't at this place :confused:
at least once a week at work I get
[video]www.youtube.com/watch?v=3xZmlUV8muY‎[/video]
Games Without Frontiers stuck in my head, the only way to get it out of my head is to go home and play it

it makes no sense what gets archived and what doesn't at this place :confused:
at least once a week at work I get
[video]www.youtube.com/watch?v=3xZmlUV8muY‎[/video]
Games Without Frontiers stuck in my head, the only way to get it out of my head is to go home and play it

Yeah, I have also found that playing the songs over and over help get rid of them.

Yay! I'm so glad someone else has found value in that thread! I thought perhaps I was the only one who suffered with worms.

The last few days

This one has managed to lodge itself. I f***ing hate this song.

Rihanna's song "Diamonds" won me over and I've been a fan.

My contribution suggested by the thread title.

DEPECHE MODE - Just can't get enough

I left my office today, thinking about someone who has me somewhat intrigued.
I got into my car, turned on the radio, and this song had just started playing.
Now it's stuck in my head....

Yes, music is wonderful. It can seemingly sync what may be happening. What may have been alluding you, can in an instant be solidified into validated feelings with the right song. I guess sometimes good and sometimes bad. I would say a majority are positive for me.

The majority of "songs that sync" are positive for me as well. I can't really think of any negative ones, but I'm sure there have been at least a few.

Killing me softly by the Fugees is a good one to not get it out of your head - definitely

Back
Top Bottom