Songs you can't get out of your head

Iona Mink

Despitemybetterjudgement
Slightly different to the 'Post what you are listening to now' thread. These are the current songs which you have no choice to listen because they will not let you be.

As explained in another thread one that is taunting me at the moment is 'How Deep Is Your Love' by the Bee Gees.

From Wednesday to Friday it was

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Songs you can't get out of your head.

I actually muted this because i couldn't listen to it and it's still in my head now, even though I didn't listen to it.

Again, damn you. The only thing that could make this even worse was if somebody started complaining about royalty.

Slightly different to the 'Post what you are listening to now' thread. These are songs which you have no choice to listen to because they will not let you be.

As explained in another thread one that is taunting me at the moment is 'How Deep Is Your Love' by the Bee Gees.

Furthermore, Iona Mink, this song that you had stuck in your head from Wednesday until Friday is very good. Who are these people? Am I bringing sham upon myself by saying that I like this song? Does it get played to death on Radio 1 and all the kids love them, Like Mumford and Sons or something? The singers voice in the chorussy bit reminded me of the man out of Supertramp. In short, I liked it. I hope it'll get stuck in my head. Thank you.

Anyway, I'm going to the garage to get a microwaveable burger and a packet of jam tarts. Must remember milk, too.

Furthermore, Iona Mink, this song that you had stuck in your head from Wednesday until Friday is very good. Who are these people? Am I bringing sham upon myself by saying that I like this song? Does it get played to death on Radio 1 and all the kids love them, Like Mumford and Sons or something? The singers voice in the chorussy bit reminded me of the man out of Supertramp. In short, I liked it. I hope it'll get stuck in my head. Thank you.

Go, go Gadget earplugs. I hope that doesn't stick....nope, still 'How Deep Is Your Love'.

You know, I must join you in your shame because when I woke on Wednesday I didn't know the song either but I had the "You treat me like a stranger and I feel so rough" part circling. I nearly had to hum it in SoundHound to purge it. Needless to say I found it, left the house, entered a shop where it was playing on the shop's television.

I think he sounds like Sting.

By the way, here is Sting meeting Camilla.

_40973444_gallery_sting.jpg

Last edited:
Go, go Gadget earplugs. I hope that doesn't stick....nope, still 'How Deep Is Your Love'.

You know, I must join you in your shame because when I woke on Wednesday I didn't know the song either but I had the "You treat me like a stranger and I feel so rough" part circling. I nearly had to hum it in SoundHound to purge it. Needless to say I found it, left the house, entered a shop where it was playing on the shop's television.

It really speaks to me, Iona Mink. At least, it says more to me about my life than, say, 'People Are The Same Everywhere', so it's got something going for it. I hate my ex-girlfriend. "Go, go Gadget Earplugs": I like that :)

Anyway... to the garage.

By the way, here is Sting meeting Camilla.

_40973444_gallery_sting.jpg

I quite like how Sting looks. And once, I had a dream about Camilla.

Which songs have you guys had stuck in your head the longest?
For me it was owl city's 'birds eye view' last year for a month and a few years ago I had 'too shy' by kajagoogoo for two months.

Whenever a song is stuck in my twins head she sings it to me to get in my head and vice versa. She had my version of foreigner's 'head games' in her head since she didn't know how it went. She got the commodore's 'on the night shift' in mine that way.
Jackie... you were a friend of mine. On the night shift...ooh the night shift on loop.

I should have never read this thread title, thats all it took and its back! :squiffy:

this horrible song never quite leaves my head as far back as I can remember
it goes away, sometimes for years at a time, but I know its lurking in the back, just deep, deep
then BAM! its back like right now :(
sometimes playing it helps, sometimes that makes it worse...

ps: gosh, some of you people are lucky the songs that get stuck in your head
what I would not give for Gotye or Inspector Gadget

Slightly different to the 'Post what you are listening to now' thread. These are songs which you have no choice to listen because they will not let you be.

I'll give it a miss in case it gets stuck in my head

I had "Easy Skankin"-Bob Marley in my head half of last week.

Another day and the madness continues.

It woke me up this morning. Like an internal radio station that only plays one song.

Billy, I would quite like it if my song was 'Easy Skankin'.

Another day and the madness continues.

It woke me up this morning. Like an internal radio station that only plays one song.

Billy, I would quite like it if my song was 'Easy Skankin'.

Why don't you plant another song in your head to drown it out? Works for me.Try the Banana Splits theme tune :thumb:

Why don't you plant another song in your head to drown it out? Works for me.Try the Banana Splits theme tune :thumb:

I've tried. It won't budge. I tried the chicken dance song and while it worked for a few minutes, I found myself humming HDIYL today without realising. I suppose it must play its course. Peptastic's You Can Call Me Al also nearly worked but alas, it was a temporary fix.

Last edited:
Even though I currently have the opening credits song to Downton Abbey stuck in my head, I often get this dumb song stuck in my head. :squiffy: I guess it's not a dumb song, it just always gets stuck in my head. :p The first five notes in particular.

I also often get this song stuck in my head when I'm being stupid and it's very frustrating because I don't know the lyrics so I sort of fake sing it in a voice reminiscent to Anthony Kiedis when he gets all chicka-bow-wow. :D

btw, this is the Best. Video. Ever.

Slightly different to the 'Post what you are listening to now' thread. These are songs which you have no choice to listen because they will not let you be.

I have a question about this guy. My friend was telling me about this band and I was only half listening because I was giving someone directions while we were driving and texting at the same time so it was me going "Uh huh, uh huh, oh yeah?" while she was talking about how I should check out Gotye, but I swear the first part of the conversation was about the Black Keys and she made it sound like Gotye was a side project?

, coincidentally.

Here's another song when I hear it is there all day and into the next.

I have a question about this guy. My friend was telling me about this band and I was only half listening because I was giving someone directions while we were driving and texting at the same time so it was me going "Uh huh, uh huh, oh yeah?" while she was talking about how I should check out Gotye, but I swear the first part of the conversation was about the Black Keys and she made it sound like Gotye was a side project?

Well I did a bit of reading on this (emphasis on 'a bit') I think he was/is part of a group called The Basics. In your half listening, do you think she was saying The Basics instead of The Black Keys? This is the only song I had heard of Goyte so I'm completely clueless when it comes to his catalogue of material.

I am also happy to report that HDIYL has left me in peace. It went on its merry way yesterday. I am Gibb free and am enjoying the silence.

I also wanted to add that perhaps I didn't quite explain the thread when I initially wrote the opening post. I wanted to say that the thread can also be filled with songs that people are currently being plagued with, not only songs that they are often plagued with. So if people are have a song currently stuck in their head, i hope this is the place they write about it. It might be a way to keep the thread going. :)

Back
Top Bottom