Spencer Cobrin FB: Trump/Morrissey comments (June 21, 2020)

UPDATE June 21 2:25 PM PT:

Posted by Alexi:

55695_cf9699116da467b173fc4fa7ef1fbdc6.jpeg

20200621_061448.jpg
20200621_061856.jpg

20200621_070055.jpg
20200621_070127.jpg

20200621_070410.jpg

20200621_072102.jpg

There's activity in the comments section, but given this topic has been done to absolute death - I won't paste it all here.

Visit his FB page for more:
(Update: Spencer deactivated his FB account this afternoon after the apology).
Update:
The post was deleted around 2pm UK time.
Regards,
FWD.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is this English? Why does this site attract so many people who can barely string a coherent sentence together? Is it all just the same person?

Isn't Moz taking the piss out of Sadiq Khan for not speaking good English used as 'evidence' that he is 'racist'? I'm outraged at your overt racism.

Isn't Moz taking the piss out of Sadiq Khan for not speaking good English used as 'evidence' that he is 'racist'? I'm outraged at your overt racism.
It's evidence of his double standards, perhaps even hypocrisy, when you consider how Morrissey mangled the English language in his autobiography.

When "conspiracy theories" becomes Facts. Thoroughly Investigated and Researched, This one is dedicated to all the "played" Spencers in the world.

So what exactly is this documentary saying? That George Floyd was killed by the Masons? That he wasn't killed at all but that his prostrate body was replaced by a life-like mannequin? There's a maxim used in medicine when trying to reach a diagnosis - if you hear hooves, think horses, not zebras. In other words, best to look for the most obvious explanation. In the case of this documentary - it hears hooves, and thinks unicorns...on Mars.

Last edited:
i read some random obscure article once with Spencer. He mentioned that he had written a couple of songs with Morrissey and he basically needed his permission for something regarding the songs and Spencer said NO. He wasn't in the band at the time and Morrissey faxed him, and i can't quite remember the quote but something like Dirty Jew or some shit. i'm not making this shit up lol
There are different sources for this. The ones that I'm aware of are:

1) An interview with Spencer on morrisseytour.com conducted in 2000, previously linked to by me included a question referencing the alleged comment. Spencer didn't answer it though.

"MORRISSEYTOUR-A: Do you want to say why you left?
COBRIN: Why did I leave? Because...
[long pause]
MORRISSEYTOUR-A: Was it because of the anti-Semetic comment made?
[long pause]
COBRIN: It was time to go. And I met Scotty. And we are, working together well and what we have is great. It was just pushing myself musically further down the road. Doing something collaborative with someone else without anybody's help without tour support or money behind it. It's the bare bones. It's starting all over again. It's fantastic."

Link:

2) Spencer quoted in Mozipedia talking about the faxes (it was two different faxes, one short and one longer) and dispute over loyalties from the Introducing Morrissey video

"Sadly, Cobrin’s split from Morrissey was over a financial dispute. ‘By the end of the Maladjusted tour, it was very depressing,’ he explains. ‘Things were starting to get weird. There were lawyers and all these contracts being waved under our noses with specific clauses and it was very saddening.’ Unhappy with the nature of the short-term contracts they’d been offered as well as a dispute over royalties from the Introducing Morrissey video, both Bridgwood and Cobrin decided to leave the band.
Morrissey was angered enough by Cobrin’s financial grievances against him to send the drummer an abusive fax message. ‘The fax came through and my wife, at the time, picked it up first,’ says Cobrin. ‘She said, “I don’t think you should read this.” When I read it, I stayed in bed for a week. I couldn’t move. There’s no point repeating what it said because it’s all water under the bridge now, but at the time it wasn’t trivial. That was it, he’d crossed the line. It was the cruellest thing you could say to anyone after working together for so long. It still upsets me, but I realise that I’m one in a long line of people who’ve been treated like that. If there’s anything that gets Morrissey upset more than anything else, it’s money.’
A second fax followed. ‘A much longer one,’ claims Cobrin, ‘but there was no apology. It was just more blame, more pointing fingers and being very childish. That was the end of it. I was persona non grata after that.’"

3) The 2010 interview with Scott Matthew, who worked with Spencer on the Elva Snow project in the late 90s, was linked here by Famous When Dead before and mentions the short fax and Morrissey asking for permission to use a song they wrote together. It's somewhat different from the Spencer quote in Mozipedia, his wife being omitted from the story.

There are different sources for this. The ones that I'm aware of are:

1) An interview with Spencer on morrisseytour.com conducted in 2000, previously linked to by me included a question referencing the alleged comment. Spencer didn't answer it though.

"MORRISSEYTOUR-A: Do you want to say why you left?
COBRIN: Why did I leave? Because...
[long pause]
MORRISSEYTOUR-A: Was it because of the anti-Semetic comment made?
[long pause]
COBRIN: It was time to go. And I met Scotty. And we are, working together well and what we have is great. It was just pushing myself musically further down the road. Doing something collaborative with someone else without anybody's help without tour support or money behind it. It's the bare bones. It's starting all over again. It's fantastic."

Link:

2) Spencer quoted in Mozipedia talking about the faxes (it was two different faxes, one short and one longer) and dispute over loyalties from the Introducing Morrissey video

"Sadly, Cobrin’s split from Morrissey was over a financial dispute. ‘By the end of the Maladjusted tour, it was very depressing,’ he explains. ‘Things were starting to get weird. There were lawyers and all these contracts being waved under our noses with specific clauses and it was very saddening.’ Unhappy with the nature of the short-term contracts they’d been offered as well as a dispute over royalties from the Introducing Morrissey video, both Bridgwood and Cobrin decided to leave the band.
Morrissey was angered enough by Cobrin’s financial grievances against him to send the drummer an abusive fax message. ‘The fax came through and my wife, at the time, picked it up first,’ says Cobrin. ‘She said, “I don’t think you should read this.” When I read it, I stayed in bed for a week. I couldn’t move. There’s no point repeating what it said because it’s all water under the bridge now, but at the time it wasn’t trivial. That was it, he’d crossed the line. It was the cruellest thing you could say to anyone after working together for so long. It still upsets me, but I realise that I’m one in a long line of people who’ve been treated like that. If there’s anything that gets Morrissey upset more than anything else, it’s money.’
A second fax followed. ‘A much longer one,’ claims Cobrin, ‘but there was no apology. It was just more blame, more pointing fingers and being very childish. That was the end of it. I was persona non grata after that.’"

3) The 2010 interview with Scott Matthew, who worked with Spencer on the Elva Snow project in the late 90s, was linked here by Famous When Dead before and mentions the short fax and Morrissey asking for permission to use a song they wrote together. It's somewhat different from the Spencer quote in Mozipedia, his wife being omitted from the story.

?

WTF???? BUTT magazine???

SpencerT+International Butt Magazine+?= :crazy:

It's evidence of his double standards, perhaps even hypocrisy, when you consider how Morrissey mangled the English language in his autobiography.

?

WTF? you need a translator to understand Sadiq but since he is a Islamic its all good for you. but if someone skips a comma here, its full on racism for you.disgraceful:mad:

You can't claim Morrissey has never denounced himself.

?

WTF? you need a translator to understand Sadiq but since he is a Islamic its all good for you. but if someone skips a comma here, its full on racism for you.disgraceful:mad:
The only person around here we need a translator for is you. I've tried putting your posts into Google Translate but unfortunately Gobbledegook is not a language option.

lawyers don't work that fast - he either decided he wants a way back into the Moz world or he doesn't want to give up hope of closure if Moz never speaks to him again.
Funny, my lawyer was up the relevant asses within an hour of me needing her to. Because she was on retainer. Like Morrissey likely has multiple lawyers on retainer.

The only person around here we need a translator for is you. I've tried putting your posts into Google Translate but unfortunately Gobbledegook is not a language option.

?

only FH Mike would be stupid enough claim not to understand a post he is responding to:rolleyes:
get a job Mike.:blushing:

(FH Mike must think Spencer is trying to 'butt' in :lbf:
his spot in the Moz dole line)o_O

Funny, my lawyer was up the relevant asses within an hour of me needing her to. Because she was on retainer. Like Morrissey likely has multiple lawyers on retainer.

Some old colleague of yours slags you off on Facebook & you've got your lawyer on to it within an hour?

As opposed to them getting flack in the comments, thinking twice about it & deleting?

Some old colleague of yours slags you off on Facebook & you've got your lawyer on to it within an hour?

As opposed to them getting flack in the comments, thinking twice about it & deleting?
Stop being your disingenuous self. If you don't think a world class asshole like Morrissey has a legal team on speed dial, then you haven't been paying attention.

Come on, this is Morrissey - his 'camp' read this site daily and he has a pathological need to respond to criticism, why would he let that fly? Somebody on here once posted hearsay / speculation that Morrissey did not pay his crew properly during the one of the 'wilderness years' tours, I think it was 2002 - it was just gossip really but he had lawyers on it VERY quickly.

Come on, this is Morrissey - his 'camp' read this site daily and he has a pathological need to respond to criticism, why would he let that fly? Somebody on here once posted hearsay / speculation that Morrissey did not pay his crew properly during the one of the 'wilderness years' tours, I think it was 2002 - it was just gossip really but he had lawyers on it VERY quickly.

?

:handpointright::guardsman::handpointleft: and all the lawnmowers are the ones reading here and posting all the time, since they lack forums of their own.doh:

I've never seen it happen like that - usually someone openly posts or DMs saying they'll go to their lawyer. Then there's either a quick soz or more likely a load of huffing. Then they drop it or go to their lawyer & either there's a letter or they post that it's not worth the effort because it's so obviously Untrue.

But maybe there's an American way.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom