St. Paul, MN - Fitzgerald Theater (July 13, 2015) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

Suedehead / Alma Matters / Ganglord / Speedway / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / Staircase At The University / Kiss Me A Lot / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / I Will See You In Far-Off Places / The Bullfighter Dies / Mama Lay Softly On The Riverbed / One Of Our Own / Istanbul / Will Never Marry / Stop Me If You Think You've Heard This One Before / Everyday Is Like Sunday / First Of The Gang To Die / Meat Is Murder / Now My Heart Is Full // What She Said

setlist provided by setlist.fm

Last edited:
THIS. I'm absolutely f***ing sick to death of scalping. I fail to see how the leeches get away with what is supposedly a crime simply by moving it over to the internet. There have been several shows where no tickets have been available the date of the sale, or if there are, they are piss poor nosebleed seats. Then a quick click over to StubNub reveals 3/4 of a venue's capacity listed at up to ten times the price.

Anyone who buys one single ticket from these criminals is an accessory to the crime, and a fool. It's a sad day when I don't envy the folks who end up front row center, knowing full well that they likely spent 500 dollars for the "privilege."

Is this why so many of the people who get stiffed out of the front row seats push their way up to the front at these seated shows?

The scalping issue is pretty simple really. Morrissey is playing mostly theaters and those places have members who donate around $100/$200 a year to help with upkeep and such. As a reward they get first dibs at purchasing tickets. Many of these people buy them and in turn resell them on Stubhhub for two to three times the cost.

For example the Grand Opera House show in Delaware last year that was cancelled, the first six rows were sold out before the show even went on sale and that is the reason why. I have a friend who used to work there and I didn't think to ask him to help me get early tickets till last minute and because I waited so long I could only get sixth row.

Someone was telling me, there was a show recently (I think the Minnesota one) where the membership is only $50 so a bunch of Moz fans bought the membership so they could get the presale and the venue got wound of this and cancelled all their memberships.

Is this why so many of the people who get stiffed out of the front row seats push their way up to the front at these seated shows?

This is nothing new. Morrissey shows have been chaos on the floor since The Smiths days.

US fans detached? Try going to a show in LA or NY or any place in California.

The Midwest and the South have their small sample of hardcore fans, but most have no clue and think it is cool to just go see some "Indie" guy. He hasn't played these cities in the Midwest and South for years and now you see the reason, but he really needs the money now.

This is so not true. I am from the midwest.

This is so not true. I am from the midwest.

He's played Chicago dozens of times and consistently since at least 1992. Not to mention Detroit and various cities in Indiana. I've seen him regularly in all these places for years. Chicago is always full of dedicated fans and the smaller cities have a core group that always fills the pit or rushes the pit area, seats or not.

I was there up at the front against the stage. He grabbed my hand and pulled on me but was too surprised and security was scaring me. here are some video clips and bad cell phone pictures! (I don't know how to embed them sorry!)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PClGl8QkpQs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EI1hKbKVb_8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5UzddAXyng0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p4bHNHThAlM

https://instagram.com/p/5GuIL6oX79/

https://instagram.com/p/5G6oqdoX4K/

Despite what the nah sayers are saying, the show was fantastic. I mean really great.

-Stacy

US fans detached? Try going to a show in LA or NY or any place in California.

The Midwest and the South have their small sample of hardcore fans, but most have no clue and think it is cool to just go see some "Indie" guy. He hasn't played these cities in the Midwest and South for years and now you see the reason, but he really needs the money now.

You have never once made an accurate statement on this forum.

Thank you for those gorgeous photos! How did you get a clear photo of the marquee flashing by? I tried in every kind of light but my cell camera could not handle it; what kind of camera did you use? It's clearly not a cell phone. I see myself in the first photo. :thumb:

[/QUOTE]

How did you get such great photos from what looks like the balcony?

I wish, I wish, I wish that I could see him in the UK before he hangs up his mic forever. The audience here in the US seems too detached nowadays for my liking.

Nowadays? How long exactly have you been a fan?

Btw, did you see CG's post which basically stated that the enablers did a disservice to her? You are one. You are one. All that cheerleading was just digging the grave deeper, honey.

does anyone have video or a photo from alma maters, i'm pretty sure thats when i got to shake his hand and would love to have it!

-me

Btw, did you see CG's post which basically stated that the enablers did a disservice to her? You are one. You are one. All that cheerleading was just digging the grave deeper, honey.

you got that half-ass backwards. typical.

work on your reading comprehension.

Still waiting to hear the story, as it sounded interesting. Why can't everyone just let him speak. It's a general act of courteousness that should extend over into life in general when somebody is trying to talk. Thank you for the pictures.

Overall enjoyable show. However the energy changed after the idiot yelled over Moz trying to tell a story. He seemed more detached from the audience after that point and we got very little banter. Here's some pics https://www.facebook.com/media/set/...954.1073741838.1008039712&type=1&l=5163b23fdc

cheers,
Scott

Still waiting to hear the story, as it sounded interesting. Why can't everyone just let him speak. It's a general act of courteousness that should extend over into life in general when somebody is trying to talk. Thank you for the pictures.

Agreed, sweetness. I would have loved to hear what he experienced when he was driving around St. Paul and Minneapolis... What a clown that guy was who interrupted. I do feel like he got back into the show (however had zero banter after that). Musically he was into it. As was the band. So much emotion on his part. Not so much from the texting fans unfortunately. Sigh.

Is the ripping off of the shirt a standard affair at the end of each concert ala Elvis handing out scarves?

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom