St. Paul, MN - Fitzgerald Theater (July 13, 2015) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

Suedehead / Alma Matters / Ganglord / Speedway / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / Staircase At The University / Kiss Me A Lot / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / I Will See You In Far-Off Places / The Bullfighter Dies / Mama Lay Softly On The Riverbed / One Of Our Own / Istanbul / Will Never Marry / Stop Me If You Think You've Heard This One Before / Everyday Is Like Sunday / First Of The Gang To Die / Meat Is Murder / Now My Heart Is Full // What She Said

setlist provided by setlist.fm

Last edited:
[/B]

Our boy is indeed a vegan!!!!! I am so proud.

Morrissey has not made any public statement renouncing his 33 years of Corpsetarian Cheese Eating 'vegetarian' cow-murdering lifestyle. Your magical thinking doesn't make it so.

best
GOBB

Those people have too much money and not enough common sense or intelligence. I never could understand why people pay good money to go to a concert that they are only 25% interested in. It is almost a 'I have nothing else to do tonight so I'll go along'. And then ruin it for everyone else. How do they have enough money to waste it on concerts that they use purely as a social event so they can tweet about it? A few years sucking moisture from a stunted cactus in Death Valley would show them the errors of their ways!! :)

yeah, that's the problem with seated shows. the "real" fans get scattered all over the place and the people closer to the stage tend to mostly be people with a lot of money who go just for the sake of it whereas with general admission the people in front are the ones who really want to be there and know all the songs and will stand in line all day to be at the front singing along. i mentioned elsewhere that i had never seen such a disinterested pit and that it was really weird to see HIM have to go to them and offer his arm to people and even then they didn't really seem to care and at one point was directly shaking individuals hands and from what i could tell they just seemed confused rather than thrilled. used to more people trying to get on stage or having their hands reached out the entire time to try and get a handshake.

Last edited:
yeah, that's the problem with seated shows. the "real" fans get scattered all over the place and the people closer to the stage tend to mostly people with a lot of money who go just for the sake of it whereas with general admission the people in front are the ones who really want to be there and know all the songs and will stand in line all day to be at the front singing along. i mentioned elsewhere that i had never seen such a disinterested pit and that it was really weird to see HIM have to go to them and offer his arm to people and even then they didn't really seem to care and at one point was directly shaking individuals hands and from what i could tell they just seemed confused rather than thrilled. used to more people trying to get on stage or having their hands reached out the entire time to try and get a handshake.

I wish, I wish, I wish that I could see him in the UK before he hangs up his mic forever. The audience here in the US seems too detached nowadays for my liking.

Persoanlly, I really dislike 'Far off Places' and I can't believe he's dragged it back into the live shows.

that was one of my lesser favorites on ringleader when it came out but i was actually quite pleased to hear it and thought it sounded great and worked well in the context of the set though i might still prefer life is a pigsty.

where were you sitting?? NOBODY was singing along or seemed interested in what was going on at all. i was in the middle of the main floor and pretty much everybody around me was looking around bored, or talking, or playing on their phone. really sucked.

agree with you if was if moz wasnt even there. hipsters wanting to be seen.

Persoanlly, I really dislike 'Far off Places' and I can't believe he's dragged it back into the live shows.

I never cared for that particular song either, so I was pleasantly surprised how much I liked it live. It has a very rich immediacy in person, and Morrissey's voice melts right into it.

IMG_0570-1.JPG

Amazing show. Crappy photos from my phone. This is the best I can contribute. What can I say, but now my heart is full. Morrissey grabbed my hand and looked into my soul. He really seems to be sincere when he grabs your hand. It is just such an amazing feeling. My girlfriend was not a big fan before the show, but she said it was one of the best concerts she has ever seen. The energy was good in the pit, but I agree with bagface, I looked back and the crowd seemed tame. However, my buddy who was in the first balcony said they were having a blast. I'm a little out of it now as I attended the after party (super fun). Highlight for me was Will Never Marry. We had NO problem with the videos during Ganglord and MIM. Great time. Again, thanks for coming Moz. It was worth the wait. 2 for 8.

Pros:
-Moz sounded exceptional
-Band sounded terrific
-Good venue
Cons:
-Set list is a clunky snooze fest
-The crowd was lifeless.
-The videos are ridiculous. Displaying those types of graphic violent images to an audience is unhealthy and abusive.

I have seen him many times and last night was my last time.
Did you really have fun at that show last night??? Really???

yeah, that's the problem with seated shows. the "real" fans get scattered all over the place and the people closer to the stage tend to mostly be people with a lot of money who go just for the sake of it whereas with general admission the people in front are the ones who really want to be there and know all the songs and will stand in line all day to be at the front singing along. i mentioned elsewhere that i had never seen such a disinterested pit and that it was really weird to see HIM have to go to them and offer his arm to people and even then they didn't really seem to care and at one point was directly shaking individuals hands and from what i could tell they just seemed confused rather than thrilled. used to more people trying to get on stage or having their hands reached out the entire time to try and get a handshake.

I wasn't in St. Paul but was in the pit and against the stage for 3 of the 4 shows I went to. I paid through the teeth in the secondary market for the privilege precisely because I can here in the US. I don't want to fight the mass GA crowds in the UK. I've done my stint of GA shows for other bands in Ireland. Now I'm too old for that and just don't have the patience or the energy. I loved every minute of being that close to Morrissey, sang along, offered my hand at every chance, finally got a handshake in Philly and Akron. Was beyond anything I ever dreamt. Don't paint a wide swath with a statement like "GA crowds in UK are better and only real fans are up front". I know tons of people there who show up late and force their way to the front for sport at this and many other shows, just for the fun of it not ALL of them are "real fans" but just jackasses who like to cram their way forward. I'd much prefer my experience and knowing I don't waste an entire day in line and come out of it alive and uncrushed. So count me among those who "really want to be there".

Don't paint a wide swath with a statement like "GA crowds in UK are better and only real fans are up front".

ok, well, i didn't say that and i was speaking generally and obviously there are going to be exceptions and i wasn't dismissing EVERYBODY in EVERY PIT ever. i think what i said applies generally and seemed to apply specifically to my experience last night. seems like lazy and his girlfriend had a great time which is good and i'm happy for them but it seemed like MOST people in the pit and the rest of the main floor were totally unfamiliar with the majority of the songs.

also, good for you supporting scalpers which is another big problem with seated shows. being at the front shouldn't be about who can afford the most exorbitant ticket prices. how is people buying up all the tickets and then reselling them on the secondary market for several times the actual price a good thing? gross.

also, good for you supporting scalpers which is another big problem with seated shows. being at the front shouldn't be about who can afford the most exorbitant ticket prices. how is people buying up all the tickets and then reselling them on the secondary market for several times the actual price a good thing? gross.

There comes a time in life where you prioritize what you want to experience and you do what you can to make it happen. This was mine. You spend your money your way, I'll spend mine my way.

US fans detached? Try going to a show in LA or NY or any place in California.

The Midwest and the South have their small sample of hardcore fans, but most have no clue and think it is cool to just go see some "Indie" guy. He hasn't played these cities in the Midwest and South for years and now you see the reason, but he really needs the money now.

He mentioned his new album Kerrygold, and said its gonna be the follow up to your Arsenal, thought he might have played a couple of teasers from it but no such luck.
God it's good being a Morrissey fan lately, his voice is in top form, I just pray to God that Kerrygold does a lot better than world peace.

Hulme-a-Sexual

Bucket list. Never thought we'd have another chance to see him after he got sick before the Surf Ballroom show a couple of years ago and had to cancel. We live in southern Minnesota. Lots of fun fans around us in the first balcony.

Attachments

• IMG_1619.JPG
    IMG_1619.JPG
    245 KB · Views: 9

THIS. I'm absolutely f***ing sick to death of scalping. I fail to see how the leeches get away with what is supposedly a crime simply by moving it over to the internet. There have been several shows where no tickets have been available the date of the sale, or if there are, they are piss poor nosebleed seats. Then a quick click over to StubNub reveals 3/4 of a venue's capacity listed at up to ten times the price.

Anyone who buys one single ticket from these criminals is an accessory to the crime, and a fool. It's a sad day when I don't envy the folks who end up front row center, knowing full well that they likely spent 500 dollars for the "privilege."

There comes a time in life where you prioritize what you want to experience and you do what you can to make it happen. This was mine. You spend your money your way, I'll spend mine my way.

it's unfortunate that you see it as a simple matter of personal choice and can't stop and take a second to think about the effect that your choices have. by spending your money that way you are supporting a despicable enterprise which deprives others a fair shot at getting tickets. not everybody has hundreds of dollars to spend on scalped tickets and just because you do doesn't make it right or fair.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom