Statement on NME case by Morrissey on TrueToYou

Statement - true-to-you.net
6 November 2011

At last week's court hearing Judge Tugendhat ruled in favour of Morrissey and against the NME in the NME's effort to prevent Morrissey taking them to court. The NME also wanted the Court to order Morrissey to pay over one hundred thousand pounds for their legal fees thus far, which was also unsuccessful. At the Application hearing, the NME were represented by a large number of lawyers, together with ex-editor Conor McNicholas. The NME's current editor, Krissi Murison, and Guardian music "writer", Tim Jonze, also provided written statements in support of the NME against Morrissey.

Strangely, and supported by the evidence of McNicholas, Murison and Jonze, the NME's lawyers argued that it would be unreasonable to expect them to remember the events of 2007, yet they went on to stress that if the case went to trial, they would wish to cross-examine Morrissey on events leading back not 3, but 19, years, to 1992, when the NME aggressively ran a "is Morrissey racist?" campaign

Marc Beaumont was very very careful in what he wrote about Morrissey's solo career in the Smiths special issue, interestingly enough.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wouldn't it be ironic if Morrissey winning his case against the NME (and probably having his legal costs covered by them) could lead to their ultimate downfall?I hope the full interview transcript "leaks".What a life and career our kid has had. Is having...

I'm looking forward to the court case, glad the cease and desist thing against mrorisseysworld turned out to be a hoax and can't wait for the us tour... roses at the ready!

Off-topic

I hope Morrissey will be first to win and get 250,ooo BP or thereabouts, so the ragmag with sucha influence on young UK music followers will get another vieuw of MorrisseyPlus in 1992 they gone way to far, an issue with about 16 [or therabout] pages about dissing Morrissey forusing a union jack [Great Brittain flag ] at the Madstock gig which he stopped early cause he got throwedby sharpened coins, fruits and packs of fruitdinks, the NME made a whole lotta shit, that he was an extreme right wingerby using that flag, the story had differrent substories, but I still have it somewhere hidden, but the maintitle was" This Alarming Man"the whole thing was indeed nothing but a campain to destroy Morrissey's popularity, and find it tilltoday very reasonable action to sue the NME for what they did to Morrissey, I hope they loose , and haveto pay money to Morrissey, and a official excuses in the Times or another daily paper, not the Sun or the likes of thatEnjoy the shows USA and Mexico Morrissey regulars or whomever goes to see Him

NME is a completely out-of-touch & useless music mag past it's sell by date. NME lost it's credibility 15 years ago. Nobody buys it.

Remember during a gig at Newcastle City Hall, he asked "can I ask you all a question and will you all answer truthfully" (not exact wording as was a long time ago), the crowd roars "Yes" and he pipes up with "Does anyone still read the NME", cue lots of laughter.

from 'True-T0-You' statement:

'Furthermore, Morrissey's camp were subsequently told that following the printed interview, Conor McNicholas wrote to Love Music Hate Racism (on whom the NME had recently devoted an entire issue), and warned them that if they supported Morrissey in this dispute then they could forget about any further support from the NME.'

If there is evidence to support this allegation: the NME will implode in final ignominy and disgrace: a very expensive mistake, a very expensive court case.

The NME 'brand' has been dying a slow painful death for years. It appears they now regret their attempt to resucitate their failing brand by manufacturing renewed controversy with Morrissey.

I hope this court case allows Morrissey to exorcise the demons of his previous High Court trauma.

Everyone knows Morrissey is a racist. I hope he loses the case. He's nothing but a greedy money hungry miserable old man. He should just retire. He hasnt released a good record since vauxhall and I.

We all know Morrissey is not a racist.In that 2007 NME interveiw , didn't Morrissey say "that immigrants have enriched the country" and "I don't have anything against people from other countries". It's a fact that alot of countries and people want to hold on to their traditions.That doesn't make them Racist.Pop stars have worn Union Jack teeshirts and things.It doesn't make them racist.A lot of skinheads are not racist ,just look at the Ska band the Specials.They have black people in the band and sing anti racist songs.Loads of skinheads go to their concerts and support what they say about anti racism.NME i just don't understand you.I'm a very anti racist myself. The song National Front Disco is a song about the sadness of parents of a boy who has joined the national front.It dosen't take an idiot to know that.

Any 'statement' on True to You is either directly by Morrissey, or has been issued with his blessing via his management (does he even have a manager this week?)

off-topic

Here’s the thing about it Robby. When I saw the first photo I thought, “Wow. This lady is odd looking. How interesting.” I may have even laughed at her, not so much her but her misfortunate body malady, whatever it is, it seems like giganticism or something. Then Ben Budd started quietly posting one photo after another and it turned into a snowball of mockery, but the frustrating thing is that it mocks a sincerity that it would seem Ben Budd lacks in his dealings with reality. So people wanting to be cool jump on the Ben Budd Bandwagon and start commenting on what a treasure trove of deformity he’s discovered, making Ben Budd the hero and for what? Posting photos of a woman’s wedding and family? Yes she’s odd looking but she doesn’t think so, nor does her husband who seems very happy with her. Yet snickering twits like Ben Budd become heroic assf***ers in the light of having mocked through silent distribution an ugly woman’s most important day. I went to a wedding a few years ago and the woman was beautiful, the relationship fake however they are now divorced. Why can’t we mock her wedding as well? Because she’s not ugly? And one of the meanest people I know is a proponent of FYAD, a site I find to be the core of clever evilness. Sure some smart things can be explored there but in the end no love. So this FYAD friend of mine has recently had a change of heart, he’s stopped sending me pics of Down’s syndrome kids and retarded boys running races. I even sent him a picture of a kid with a hairlip and he wasn’t pleased. The reason is he’s apparently found love, a smart, witty girl who happens to have pizza face acne. Suddenly deformity isn’t so funny. Am I a tard-f***er? No. But I have compassion which most people have until shitheads like Ben Budd roll into town and take credit for other’s misfortune, as though he were the creator of that art project and he’s showing his goods to the stupid masses. Do I laugh at awful jokes and mock people who are strange? Yes. But I stop when I sense an injustice is being served and cruelty seeps in. Ben Budd doesn’t give a shit that I mention this, he loves it. I’m trying to tell you Robby, that I know who he is and what his agenda is. I can’t stop it but I can certainly point out the origin of it.

Here’s the thing about it Robby. When I saw the first photo I thought, “Wow. This lady is odd looking. How interesting.” I may have even laughed at her, not so much her but her misfortunate body malady, whatever it is, it seems like giganticism or something. Then Ben Budd started quietly posting one photo after another and it turned into a snowball of mockery, but the frustrating thing is that it mocks a sincerity that it would seem Ben Budd lacks in his dealings with reality. So people wanting to be cool jump on the Ben Budd Bandwagon and start commenting on what a treasure trove of deformity he’s discovered, making Ben Budd the hero and for what? Posting photos of a woman’s wedding and family? Yes she’s odd looking but she doesn’t think so, nor does her husband who seems very happy with her. Yet snickering twits like Ben Budd become heroic assf***ers in the light of having mocked through silent distribution an ugly woman’s most important day. I went to a wedding a few years ago and the woman was beautiful, the relationship fake however they are now divorced. Why can’t we mock her wedding as well? Because she’s not ugly? And one of the meanest people I know is a proponent of FYAD, a site I find to be the core of clever evilness. Sure some smart things can be explored there but in the end no love. So this FYAD friend of mine has recently had a change of heart, he’s stopped sending me pics of Down’s syndrome kids and retarded boys running races. I even sent him a picture of a kid with a hairlip and he wasn’t pleased. The reason is he’s apparently found love, a smart, witty girl who happens to have pizza face acne. Suddenly deformity isn’t so funny. Am I a tard-f***er? No. But I have compassion which most people have until shitheads like Ben Budd roll into town and take credit for other’s misfortune, as though he were the creator of that art project and he’s showing his goods to the stupid masses. Do I laugh at awful jokes and mock people who are strange? Yes. But I stop when I sense an injustice is being served and cruelty seeps in. Ben Budd doesn’t give a shit that I mention this, he loves it. I’m trying to tell you Robby, that I know who he is and what his agenda is. I can’t stop it but I can certainly point out the origin of it.

What is this about?

Remember during a gig at Newcastle City Hall, he asked "can I ask you all a question and will you all answer truthfully" (not exact wording as was a long time ago), the crowd roars "Yes" and he pipes up with "Does anyone still read the NME", cue lots of laughter.

Ha ha, I remember that.

Judge Tugendhat`s name literally translated from German means 'has virtue'.
Let`s hope nomen est omen then.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom