"Stay As You Are" confirmed?

MOZtonMA

From the recent interview with Jonny Bridgwood:

JB: Well there was a song off Vauxhall and I called Stay as you are but it never had a vocal on it. It never got beyond backing track. If Morrissey didn’t think it could work it was shelved.

The last I knew there was a debate about this song and the Morrissey connection, if any. Was this already confirmed?
I find the news bittersweet. I quite like it even as a backing track and imagine it could have been a very memorable song.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've never heard that before, but it obviously does have a vocal on it. Is it Alain?

My understanding is that the title itself is legit as a work in progress from the Southpaw Grammar sessions but that this "leak" has long since been confirmed as fake; I believe by Boz though I could be wrong about the source. Definitely fake though.

Rumor has it that it's actually Laura's theme music from Silent Hill.

;)

My understanding is that the title itself is legit as a work in progress from the Southpaw Grammar sessions but that this "leak" has long since been confirmed as fake; I believe by Boz though I could be wrong about the source. Definitely fake though.

;)

:lbf:

;)

This is true. Some years ago I sent it to Boz, and he confirmed it as a fake. To my ears, it sounds like Dream Academy or something similar.

The Laura's theme was a different occasion - someone trying to pass another Moz song off.

P.

It's still a bloody good song though. I still have it on a compilation I made up. I only wish I knew who played it!

Nothing to stop me writing a song called Stay As You Are now then.

Technically, I don't think there's anything stopping you from writing a song called 'How Soon Is Now?' either. I highly doubt the title to any Smiths songs or Morrissey songs have copyrights on them.

Tags
jonny bridgwood stay as you are
Back
Top Bottom