Stoke-on-Trent - Victoria Hall (July 5, 2011) post-show

It is truly refreshing to see Morrissey is back ontop of his game. Last tour, it seemed, a black cloud haunted and hovered above the whole tour with a undeniable air of negativity (mainly off his unsupportive supporters). It's nice to see how quickly people forget.

I havn't had the chance to see Moz yet, unless he plays B'ham or Cheltenham, but it seems he is reinvigerated and rejuvinated, sharp and pumped, ready to deliver his best (in performance and songs). For those lucky enough to see him I would realise that he (as it alluded to at Glasto), like many artists, feed off the response of the crowd. It is the fuel for any performers fire and makes a good concert one of the greats.

Long may Moz's success endure, I just hope that some fat-cat record label happens to witness one of his performances and we get the album!

without a doubt, best concert review ever. just the facts. some people don't get this. whoever posted this, can you please do this for every show?

id imagine the person isnt going to all of them

on the big white screen before morrissey came on what was all the bands i knew new york dolls and the sparks it was very interesting ....but top ive been loads of gig and my life time and thats the best ive been too i actually touched the man himself aswell at the front :)

Tried to post last night when got home as this local gig for me but broadband problems stopped that
It was a really great concert and the post by Smiths Indeed is a great factual account of the night
The atmosphere was fantastic and Morrissey really seemed to feed off that
Highlights for me were There is a Light ( felt goosebumps when that started) but that was surpassed by I Know it's Over
Vocal and delivery on that were absolutely superb - not always been fan of some of the Smiths stuff played by Jesse etc but this version was fantastic Been going to gigs for best part of 30 years and that could well be best single song ever heard live
Saw an old mate after who summed it up saying Moz is just best front man there is
Boring wife and daughter with details at minute

Absolutely brilliant last night, the set list, the venue, Moz, the band and the crowd. I loved every minute of it.

Walking around this morning with a smile only face just thinking about last nights gig. Just perfect in every way. Morrissey, you are adored!

My 25th Morrissey / Smiths concert (stretching back 26 years) and (with the possible exception of the MEN Arena in 2004) almost certainly the best.

What more can I say (apart from, "Roll on tomorrow night!")?

Jesse is not so bad for a work experience touring rock band guitarist.

Fantastic gig, full of energy and fun. Moz was on fine form vocally and verbally, I absoloutely loved it. I was in the balcony but took some photo's, not great, but whoever gave him the sign might like the below :) I laughed out loud when he crawled along the stage :lbf:
P1040701.jpg

P1040730.jpg

What time was Morrissey and the support on stage? what time did it finish?

Great gig.. although slightly perturbed by Boz's growing resmblance to the 'actor', Jonah Hill....

What did the badges say that the band were wearing?? I saw one on the bassist which said "I hate girls". What were the others?

So we've lost our boy. First Jesse, now Sol. All those good guitar genes gone to Sodom. Terrible news for the future of music, that.

(good day for fishing trollfishies? They're staring, that's a start...)

I am absolutely squirming with jealousy reading about this tour! Please, please, please let the London dates be this good!

Not sure about support but Morrissey was on at 9pm and done by 10.20pm. AtGrimsby he was on at 8.55pm

Support act were on around 8pm and were done by 8.35 - quite quick turnaround between acts... helped by the great 'intermission' video :)

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom