So did the band really have t-shrts reading "more gigs to come.... sign us up" at one point or was that a troll post.
The videos don't seem to support this.
To echo other posts, I agree last night in Stoke was, for me, the pinnacle of the tour so far. The crowd were 75%+ locals I would say, and not your usual Morrissey crowd at all. What a joy they were! I've not heard such enthusiasm for years, and Morrissey clearly appreciated it too. If only we could take them with us every night?
Night off tonight, which is much needed as I've still got sleep to catch up on from Hop Farm. Tetley time again tomorrow
---> Operation drum intro audio (awwwwesome... wish they would actually play the song!)
Now made in Brum as Tetley Brewery closed down for good a couple of weeks ago.Try find a little pub called Whitelocks if you get time.Its the best pub in Leeds cc.You might even bump into Viv Nicholson!
Its next to Carphone warehouse,down an alley on the main street in Leeds city centre.f*** Wetherspoons
Did he mess up the words to ouiji? He didn't sing the 's.t.e.v.e.n' bits ?
I've always thought that The Operation would make a great opener, I can imagine Matt coming on and kicking off the solo, band follows a couple of mins later and crash into the song, Morrissey arrives shortly after and begins. That would be fantastic.
He didn't 'mess up' - this is the new edited version as on the recent Bona Drag re-issue/Very Best Of. For some reason he obviously hates that middle bit now and wants to edit it out of history.
Intermission clips at Stoke (supplementing romeogirl's post):
- School bell (Bing! "School is now in session")
- The Foundations, Back On My Feet Agian
- Vince Taylor, There's A Whole Lot of Twisting Going On
- Edith Sitwell 'Face To Face' interview
- Nico, I'm Not Saying
- Joe Dolan, You're Such A Good Looking Woman
- James Baldwin (documentary excerpt 1)
- Lou Reed press conference (Australia 1974?)
- James Baldwin (documentary excerpt 2)
- Fabian, The Tiger
- ITV's Queenie's Castle with Diana Dors? ("when the lights go out all over the world"?)
- Sparks, Never Turn Your Back On Mother Earth (Dutch tv - Avro)
- New York Dolls, Looking for a Kiss (German TV - Musik Laden)
Fantastic gig, full of energy and fun. Moz was on fine form vocally and verbally, I absoloutely loved it. I was in the balcony but took some photo's, not great, but whoever gave him the sign might like the below I laughed out loud when he crawled along the stage