Stoke-on-Trent - Victoria Hall (July 5, 2011) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in. Beware of anonymous set list trolls!

Set List:

I Want The One I Can't Have / You're The One For Me, Fatty / Irish Blood, English Heart / Shoplifters Of The World Unite / You Have Killed Me / Everyday Is Like Sunday / One Day Goodbye Will Be Farewell / Ouija Board, Ouija Board / There Is A Light That Never Goes Out / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / People Are The Same Everywhere / Meat is Murder / Action Is My Middle Name / Alma Matters / Speedway / I Know It's Over / First Of The Gang To Die // Panic

set list provided by The Smiths Indeed

Last edited:
Come on! Morrissey's been finished 15 minutes, what's the hold up?

Words cannot describe it.Best gig ever and i have been to 833.
Jesse on top form as usual,managed to drown out the vocals.
Boz looking really up for it. Think he even smiled at me althoigh cannot be sure.
At the end the band came out with matching t shirts saying "more gigs to come" . On the reverse it simply said "sign us up".
Moz was chatty with reference made to what shoes he was wearing.
All in all a night that beats anything i have ever seen.

Can anyone tell me what morrissey said after he thanked the city of Stoke. I didn't hear but it got a big reaction, thanks
Great gig though, first time seeing him, highlights were I know it's over and the encore panic.

Just got back, that was a fantastic gig. Excellent set list and Moz in a very chatty light-hearted mood. Even the security were nice (at least the Scouser bloke near me was). Lots of good comments from Mr M - he introduced Everyday is Like Sunday by saying "Here is a new song called Just A Song Before Midnight" (or something like that), introduced the band by saying "As you nip out to the lavatory and quite rightfully have a cigarette, you might meet...Boz Boorer..." and a brilliant rant against Prince William and Kate that went something like "So, as you intelligent people are aware, we've seen the lovely William and Kate on the news and we are supposed to think they are good and funny and are bringing us all together, well, they've been in Canada and they were making foie gras - the worst kind of meat product - and Kate smiled and laughed as she handed out for people to eat. Oh, William and Kate, William and Kate, William and Kate - BAG OF SHIT!" he then launched into Meat is Murder as the crowd applauded wildly! That was awesome and actually made the song and video more relevant.

His comment about Stoke was before the encore of Panic, he said "Thanks to All The Young and to the city of Stoke, where the men are men and the women are men" The crowd loved that one, Mozza should become a stand-up in his old age methinks. All in all an amazing night. First gig for my Mum too! Got a few pics and three vids. Will upload soon.

Set was

Want one cant have, Youre the one for me Fatty, Killed me, Shoplifters, IBEH, Everyday is like Sunday, One day goodbye will be farewell, Ouiji Board, Theres a light, Paris, People are the same everywhere, Meat is Murder, Speedway, Action is my middle name, Alma matters, I know its over, FOTGTD encore Panic.

No Satellite of love or kids a looker.

Morrissey very talkative and on absolutely top form tonight. The venue was great and the concert was one of the best I have ever been to (Out of 15 or so). Right up there with Blackburn in 2002.

Comments made about William and Kate...Bag of Shit for eating fois gras in Canada before Meat is murder, In Stoke men are men and woman are....men. Feww other quips, growls and lots of handshakes.

This tour is fantastic. great set, Moz in great mood and appreciative crowds.

Just to add, that set was not exactly in that order but the first 4 or 5 were and the last 3 or 4.

Just got back, that was a fantastic gig. Excellent set list and Moz in a very chatty light-hearted mood. Even the security were nice (at least the Scouser bloke near me was). Lots of good comments from Mr M - he introduced Everyday is Like Sunday by saying "Here is a new song called Just A Song Before Midnight" (or something like that), introduced the band by saying "As you nip out to the lavatory and quite rightfully have a cigarette, you might meet...Boz Boorer..." and a brilliant rant against Prince William and Kate that went something like "So, as you intelligent people are aware, we've seen the lovely William and Kate on the news and we are supposed to think they are good and funny and are bringing us all together, well, they've been in Canada and they were making foie gras - the worst kind of meat product - and Kate smiled and laughed as she handed out for people to eat. Oh, William and Kate, William and Kate, William and Kate - BAG OF SHIT!" he then launched into Meat is Murder as the crowd applauded wildly! That was awesome and actually made the song and video more relevant.

His comment about Stoke was before the encore of Panic, he said "Thanks to All The Young and to the city of Stoke, where the men are men and the women are men" The crowd loved that one, Mozza should become a stand-up in his old age methinks. All in all an amazing night. First gig for my Mum too! Got a few pics and three vids. Will upload soon.

Top upbeat report, Steven T. :guitar:

A bit about the no. 1 damage caused by livestock farming:
http://www.alternet.org/story/15099..._combined_and_it's_killing_our_drinking_water

Check here for intermission information (and amend accordingly please)
http://allyouneedismorrissey.com/topic/4342453/1/

Foie Gras comment: Some facts folks. K & W were at a "Chef" school in Quebec where they learned how to make Foie Gras.......while outside, a great many anti-monarchy and vegetarian protesters gathered. So, Sir Moz, get your facts straight. We all know what goes into Foie Gras and Blood Pudding, etc, etc, etc. It's not like all Canadians go out and kill ducks and make a nasty paste with their livers...much like not all Brits go fox hunting. For all we know, you rascal Moz, you've got a rifle in your closet and take the occasional shot?

Honestly the best night of my life . Every aspect was perfect...plus I was at the front! It was funny to watch the meat head security completely own anyone who tried to escape their grasp.

Foie Gras comment: Some facts folks. K & W were at a "Chef" school in Quebec where they learned how to make Foie Gras.......while outside, a great many anti-monarchy and vegetarian protesters gathered. So, Sir Moz, get your facts straight. We all know what goes into Foie Gras and Blood Pudding, etc, etc, etc. It's not like all Canadians go out and kill ducks and make a nasty paste with their livers...much like not all Brits go fox hunting. For all we know, you rascal Moz, you've got a rifle in your closet and take the occasional shot?

Yes, and he prances around in his £400 shirts which come from a shop which sells mink and exotic skins, and puts his band in f*** fur t's. I feel like the scales have suddenly dropped from my eyes...

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom