Strange/unexpected Moz references?

From a reply in a different post:

View attachment 73580

FWD.

I have bigger versions of these saved (from an Instagram post some time ago) AND I've been wondering, if Morrissey's shirt is the same famous 'plum' coloured one from the Corbijn cover shoot, except it's not 'plum' anymore but perhaps was dyed yet again? The cut and fabric with the small dots looks very similar.

Hanley Victoria Hall, Stoke-on-Trent, 16th March 1985

Stoke-on-Trent, 16th March 1985.jpeg

Stoke-on-Trent, 16th March 1985_2.jpegStoke-on-Trent, 16th March 1985_3.jpeg
Stoke-on-Trent, 16th March 1985_4.jpeg

received_2294748267328035_5.jpegStoke-on-Trent, 16th March 1985_6.jpeg

Um...

By Doron Braunshtein aka Apollo Braun - described as an Israeli poet.
Album on Spotify & Amazon et al.
I'll pass on this occasion.
FWD.

"Shoot photos of alternative music demigod Morrissey while he signs autographs for the young and tragically hip fans of his music."

Yes, please :yum:

Think these were both taken that day (29th July 1992)

RecordRack.jpg

RecordRack2.jpg

Last edited:
Huh? The sobbing fan? :confused:

Edit: Oh, I got it now. It was a joke. 👍🏻

Last edited:
I love the way Morrissey mixes in tiny bits of bling - some jewelry, nail varnish, a shiny shirt.

Glitzy.gif

(... he said, over the sound of gold chains jingle-jangling around his neck 😎)

Last edited:
Brief one culled from The Guardian:

David Walliams: ‘I haven’t read any of my own books – I hear they are wonderful’

My comfort read

Philip Larkin’s collections of verse might not seem like comfort reading, but he gives me comfort in the same way the songs of the Smiths or Nick Cave give me comfort. His poems make you feel like you are not alone.

Last edited:
I know the image is by Kerstin Rodgers.
Same person that took a picture of him holding benylin.
I thought I'd preserved all the #1 magazine articles, not sure why I can't see it anywhere.
Will keep rummaging.
FWD.

I've never seen it mentioned anywhere, I think, and this is the only picture (from Tumblr) I've seen of it, no proper scan. The Kerstin Rodgers picture should be ~1984 but the text implies a later publishing date.

Tags
burlesque coronation street live morrissey new album poster sport strips the smiths
Back
Top Bottom