FWD.

Where is the monument ?

Where is the monument ?
I believe it's Calton Hill, Scotland.
It's made to look older than it is.

800px-Edinburgh_Calton_Hill.jpg

FWD.

Missed this at the time:

Features ~25 mins of radio broadcast of Barrowlands (Radio Clyde).
FWD.

Manchester has changed a lot in 17 yrs - probably about time the book was updated?
Regards,
FWD.

The Doc's uploaded:

Regards,
FWD.

9780698411043.jpeg

A few mentions from the above book.
Worth a read - quite enjoying it.
Said mentions:

Having the studio to create in every day, Annie and I started to become amazingly creative songwriting partners, true collaborators, and we began to write all our songs together like Rodgers and Hammerstein, Jagger and Richards, Lennon and McCartney, and Marr and Morrissey. I’m not sure exactly how these other songwriters worked together, but all I know is they must have recognized that when they did, sparks would fly. Annie and I played different roles and didn’t step on each other’s toes.

1984 was the year music was selling in bucket loads, with huge single and album sales, in juxtaposition to the unemployment figures that were at a record high of around three million in the UK. Frankie Goes to Hollywood released their debut single “Relax,” which was banned by the BBC for sexually suggestive content but still became a massive anthem. Wham! had their first number one single, after four earlier Top Ten hits, with the upbeat song “Wake Me Up Before You Go-Go.” Elton John married his studio engineer, a woman named Renate Blauel, which confused not only me, but half the population. The Smiths had released their first album, and the song “Heaven Knows I’m Miserable Now” is still a favorite of mine. Last but not least, Stevie Wonder, after eighteen years of releasing singles, had his first number one hit with “I Just Called to Say I Love You”—1984 was massive.

Although I was only six years older, being sixteen in 1968 was way different from being sixteen in 1974. I’d already gone through certain things in my life, and she was just going into them, so every now and then there would be a complete sort of disconnect: like when I’d play a Dylan album and she’d want to put on the Smiths, and we’d fight over the cassette player in the car. We were like a couple of kids. It’s funny because now she loves loads of the same music I do and vice versa.

Siobhan’s first album was kind of Siobhan on her own, called Sacred Heart by Shakespears Sister. Siobhan named the band after a song by the Smiths but spelled it her own way.

📙->PM
Regards,
FWD.

Screenshot_20211128-114609~2.png
Screenshot_20211128-114619~2.png

Forgot to post these yesterday - possibly due to being underwhelmed.
Quest tagged in the poorly chosen background colour of the second post.
FWD.

dont know if this has been posted before,just watched saturn 3 with kirk douglas and farrah fawcett,the pills they take in it are called blue dreamers and the robot is called hector,coincidence,who knows.with M being a huge kirk douglas fan its safe to say he has seen this probably a few times over the years.

New one on me.
Thought I'd collected pretty much everything related to this album.
Live & learn.
FWD.

Screenshot_20211129-134959~2.png

Quest will be doing tiktoks next 😀
FWD.

Tags
burlesque coronation street live morrissey new album poster sport strips the smiths
Back
Top Bottom