Strange/unexpected Moz references?

I think that was just Morrissey throwing in a wrench to the validity of Rogan’s book.

You're right, it's just baffling because it's such an obvious lie when Rogan did not only speak to his father but also to his aunts.

Were they seated together?

I can't answer that, but on the bootleg of the September 18th show Morrissey can be heard saying

"I'd like you to know that my parents are in the audience tonight. So please, no swearing. Leave it to me." :love:

Unexpected in the sense of a giant set of lyrics suddenly appearing (image 'liked' by SER):

FB_IMG_1598664939141.jpg

Image source: K. Prime/FB.

Unexpected in the sense of a giant set of lyrics suddenly appearing (image 'liked' by SER):

View attachment 58728
Image source: K. Prime/FB.

Nope, those flowers can't feel the soil anymore.

Can't see what there is to like either. Some jerk thought it clever to write Smiths lyrics on the wall, you know, just in case Morrissey forgot.
I guess he intends to sell the house now and is past caring what happens to it.

Kind of wonder if Sam painted this himself...He seems to really get off on all the attention.
Much more than his uncle does, in the present circumstances.

It does make you wonder...

In the latest podcast from "RRRock's Back Pages", two upper middle-class white men of no repute {well one middle-aged man and a boy} chummy around with pop legend Vicki Wickham, Pop TV genius, manager-lover of Dusty Springfield, and, for one very brief moment, manager-only of Morrissey. Ms Wickham cannot even remember when it was, and í thought í'd worked it out a while ago, but í've forgotten now. Probably late-90s?

Moz bits begin at 31m31s ~

https://www.rocksbackpages.com/Podcast/Episode/e82

Anyway, the boys ask her about her time with Morrissey, but have to surround it with enough provisos as if they were discussing Peter Sutcliffe.
They play select clips from the audio interview that RBP put up earlier this week, Morrissey being interviewed by Steven Daly for "SPIN" magazine in 1991 {see here for full audio ~ https://www.morrissey-solo.com/thre...-mount-with-steven-daly-spin-magazine.146988/}

Apparently, according to Mark Pringle (old boy), for Smiths fans "a piece of their childhood has been ripped away by his subsequent attitudes"...
Meanwhile Jasper Fink-Nottle-Bowie, or whatever, expands with the "strangeness" of "how he just really goes about saying what he wants to say". You can literally hear the Millennial cogs grinding...

The best they can offer is he's always been a "contrarian". But Jasper Fink-Nottle mourns the fact that "it's very unfortunate that his contrarianism got so rrrancid in recent years". And having then played a clip where Moz describes Thatcher's policies as "intentionally evil" the boy Jasper detects the seeds of that Englishness that he gets fixated on, and "it's just so gross"...

At the end of the podcast {50m15s} the chaps pay tribute to the 'legendary' Dele Fadele {so legendary that his fellow friendly scribes only just found out that he'd died 2 years ago?} by quoting the closing lines from Fadele's "very long, sort-of essay" {it was a basic NME piece} stating that Moz was dodgy. In Pringle's words, he wrote this after Moz came on at Finsbury Park "brandishing" a Union Jack flag. Brandishing...?

"So that's Morrissey KNOCKED on the head"...

In the latest podcast from "RRRock's Back Pages", two upper middle-class white men of no repute {well one middle-aged man and a boy} chummy around with pop legend Vicki Wickham, Pop TV genius, manager-lover of Dusty Springfield, and, for one very brief moment, manager-only of Morrissey. Ms Wickham cannot even remember when it was, and í thought í'd worked it out a while ago, but í've forgotten now. Probably late-90s?

Moz bits begin at 31m31s ~

https://www.rocksbackpages.com/Podcast/Episode/e82

Anyway, the boys ask her about her time with Morrissey, but have to surround it with enough provisos as if they were discussing Peter Sutcliffe.
They play select clips from the audio interview that RBP put up earlier this week, Morrissey being interviewed by Steven Daly for "SPIN" magazine in 1991 {see here for full audio ~ https://www.morrissey-solo.com/thre...-mount-with-steven-daly-spin-magazine.146988/}

Apparently, according to Mark Pringle (old boy), for Smiths fans "a piece of their childhood has been ripped away by his subsequent attitudes"...
Meanwhile Jasper Fink-Nottle-Bowie, or whatever, expands with the "strangeness" of "how he just really goes about saying what he wants to say". You can literally hear the Millennial cogs grinding...

The best they can offer is he's always been a "contrarian". But Jasper Fink-Nottle mourns the fact that "it's very unfortunate that his contrarianism got so rrrancid in recent years". And having then played a clip where Moz describes Thatcher's policies as "intentionally evil" the boy Jasper detects the seeds of that Englishness that he gets fixated on, and "it's just so gross"...

At the end of the podcast {50m15s} the chaps pay tribute to the 'legendary' Dele Fadele {so legendary that his fellow friendly scribes only just found out that he'd died 2 years ago?} by quoting the closing lines from Fadele's "very long, sort-of essay" {it was a basic NME piece} stating that Moz was dodgy. In Pringle's words, he wrote this after Moz came on at Finsbury Park "brandishing" a Union Jack flag. Brandishing...?

"So that's Morrissey KNOCKED on the head"...

It's so depressing - both his parents are Irish for a start & for another thing when Moz was young it was the left lamenting that everything was being Americanised & that their cultural hegemony was creating Generica.

We'll dig him out of it - but dear God. 🙄

Anyway I've found a clip of him I've never seen before.

It's so depressing - both his parents are Irish for a start & for another thing when Moz was young it was the left lamenting that everything was being Americanised & that their cultural hegemony was creating Generica.

We'll dig him out of it - but dear God. 🙄

Anyway I've found a clip of him I've never seen before.

Stunning sounds, and í know others around here disagree, but í never fell for the Maths teacher on the class outing look... :oops:

Stunning sounds, and í know others around here disagree, but í never fell for the Maths teacher on the class outing look... :oops:

Same here. Not a fan of his looks around The Queen Is Dead promo and tour in general. Quiff is a bit too short on the top but too long at the sides and those oversized jackets were just boring.
One could almost say that Craig's hair steals the show here...

I prefer this slightly more eccentric, tits out approach he served a couple of weeks later.
The hair is in desperate need of taming though.

Same here. Not a fan of his looks around The Queen Is Dead promo and tour in general. Quiff is a bit too short on the top but too long at the sides and those oversized jackets were just boring.
One could almost say that Craig's hair steals the show here...

I prefer this slightly more eccentric, tits out approach he served a couple of weeks later.
The hair is in desperate need of taming though.

Both M and Joyce dressing alike! What could that possibly mean?!

“ We stole each other’s clothes...”

;)

Both M and Joyce dressing alike! What could that possibly mean?!

“ We stole each other’s clothes...”

;)

Ket, I was thinking the exact same thing when posting this earlier but couldn't think of a fitting quip to go along with it.

Was Morrissey chosing Mike as his new dressing pal the real reason why Johnny started to feel left out and decided to leave The Smiths? 😱

í think the next time Mike Joyce wore a suit jacket was in High Court No.1. It may even be the same one.

í think the next time Mike Joyce wore a suit jacket was in High Court No.1. It may even be the same one.

Did it match Morrissey's though?

Tags
burlesque coronation street live morrissey new album poster sport strips the smiths
Back
Top Bottom