Strange/unexpected Moz references?

still I cling

silly note writer
Much to my surprise, I ran across one today in an art textbook ("Living With Art," 6th ed.), in amongst the Leonardos, Van Goghs, Japanese woodcuts, and Greek statues:

mozart.jpg

Yes, it's really about the artist/designer who created the image, but....Where is the most unexpected place you've seen or heard a Morrissey reference?

I was watching SportsCenter awhile back and the announcer was doing a basketball game. He said that some player (i forget which team he was on) was to his team "like Johnny Marr was to The Smiths." That was freakin' awesome! :D

And last week I was at a mall in Sandusky and they played "Suedehead" over the PA system. That struck me as both strange and unexpected. It came right after "With Arms Wide Open" by Creed (seriously).

I was watching SportsCenter awhile back and the announcer was doing a basketball game. He said that some player (i forget which team he was on) was to his team "like Johnny Marr was to The Smiths." That was freakin' awesome! :D

And last week I was at a mall in Sandusky and they played "Suedehead" over the PA system. That struck me as both strange and unexpected. It came right after "With Arms Wide Open" by Creed (seriously).

Funny you should mention this because i had a similar experience with "Sports Center" only not with The Smiths or Moz but with my other favorite band Depeche Mode... Not too long ago my dad was watching Sports Center and he called me to watch because the guy said something about Depeche Mode. Sure enough he used a line from a song to explain something about a team! I thought it was the strangest thing! Someone at Sports Center has good taste in music :D

Oh, so he's some pivotal player who's suddenly going to walk off and leave his team in the lurch?

Much to my surprise, I ran across one today in an art textbook ("Living With Art," 6th ed.), in amongst the Leonardos, Van Goghs, Japanese woodcuts, and Greek statues:

mozart.jpg

Yes, it's really about the artist/designer who created the image, but....Where is the most unexpected place you've seen or heard a Morrissey reference?

Hmmm... that's funny. A couple weeks ago I came across an Art textbook featuring the Viva Hate session by Anton Corbjon in the contrast section. I'll try to dig up a scan.

- my 'A History of Graphic Design' textbook has a picture of Morrissey (to show magazine layout) and the other night I was reading a book to my daughter (The Secret Show, BBC) and the chapter was called 'There Is A Light That Sometimes Goes Out' - close!

Hmmm... that's funny. A couple weeks ago I came across an Art textbook featuring the Viva Hate session by Anton Corbjon in the contrast section.

- my 'A History of Graphic Design' textbook has a picture of Morrissey (to show magazine layout)

Just goes to show what we've known all along, he IS a work of art! :D

I bet it was Craig Kilbourn...I miss him...he's a huge Moz fan!

Probably not, unfortunately. If Kilby wouldn't have left his show, he'd probably have Moz on again to sing the new songs. He may have even had him backstage to spin the Price Is Right wheel! :)

what was that stupid game Kilborn would make his guests play at the end of the show??? and whoever wins, its like "YOU'VE WON AT LIFE!" and they give them flowers? i wouldve liked to have seen Morrissey play that when he was on his show. :p

OH! YAMBO!!!!!

Kermit vs. Sarah Silverman was priceless.

I really miss that show. After all, it's how I found out about Morrissey.

yes, YAMBO!!!

good memory. i remember watching him all the time freshman year of college. my roommate and I loved him. :)

then I switched to Conan

yes, YAMBO!!!

good memory. i remember watching him all the time freshman year of college. my roommate and I loved him. :)

then I switched to Conan

I loved (still do) that show. I have a few episodes on tape (yes, tape) still. Including the one with Barry Manilow where Craiggers takes the mic from him while Barry's singing and then Craig starts singing. It's so awesome.

Nugz, you made my day by bringing up Yambo :)

Tags
burlesque coronation street live morrissey new album poster sport strips the smiths
Back
Top Bottom