Suedehead (Mael Mix) - first picture

Re: Sudehead (Mael Mix) - first picture

Went down to Piccadilly Records just after 8am - I thought it opened at 9, but it opened at 8 - queue was round the block several hundred people - lots of middle aged blokes (like me) looking miserable (like me) in a queue. I thought 'bugger this' I'll pick one up on ebay...

There is a flaw in the RSD business model - one day of manic buying, loads resold on ebay, empty shops for the rest of the year, independents still going out of business...

Dave

I got my copy this morning, so just thought I'd post a picture of the B-side image for those who haven't seen it yet.

rsd2012_back.jpg

I went down to my local shop doing RSD, 3 of us queued up.

They had one Moz vinyl but it had already been bought by the manager, is that right?

Managed to get a couple of copies of the only other one I wanted, Noel gallaghers songs from the great white north.

Luckily my mate txt me and said he'd picked me up a Moz one so happy days

Got there just before 5am, two in front of me, got a great haul, Moz included. Now knackered. Simon Armitage was there and interviewed me about my purchases for an article he's writing. Off for a rest now.

P.

Well done Peter. And Simon Armitage as well - nice one. Which shop did you go to?

There are 13 listed on ebay already.... http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_t...+suedehead&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_sop=10&_sc=1

Dave

Vinyl Tap in Huddersfield. Queue of about 15 at 6am. They had everything, just like last year. I missed out on Bowie but got everything else, including the Beatles Box set, T-Rex picture disc, Dr Who sound effects, The Cult - all sorts of stuff. It's got to be worth a trip from Manc - just down the train line. And they had a system where you allocate based on your queue position, all very orderly, AND they came down the queue with food. Nice people.

P.

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Vinyl Tap in Huddersfield. Queue of about 15 at 6am. They had everything, just like last year. I missed out on Bowie but got everything else, including the Beatles Box set, T-Rex picture disc, Dr Who sound effects, The Cult - all sorts of stuff. It's got to be worth a trip from Manc - just down the train line. And they had a system where you allocate based on your queue position, all very orderly, AND they came down the queue with food. Nice people.

P.

Maybe next year - I didn't know that VT took part (didn't think second hand places were involved - why isn't King Bee in Chorlton?) I grew up in Huddersfield (my school is at the top of the hill from Vinyl Tap) so it would be easy enough.

I fancied the T.Rex single and boxed set as well, and the Dr Who sound effects, Elbow, Noel Gallagher, Richard Hawley....

Dave

I got to the record shop a little after opening, queued for seemed like forever only to be told when I got to the front they only had one copy of Suedehead and that sold almost straight away! I now see there are 30 copies on Ebay :mad: This is not what RSD is about, but people are greedy. Personally they can shove their inflated prices up their arse, I'll get one in a few months times when the price will be more realistic.

Got to Avalanche, or Lovelymusic or whatever it's now called, Glasgow by 7 and placed myself 13th in line. Lucky for some. Felt a bit inadequate as the 11 blokes in front all had copious shopping lists to go with their rucksacks, bin bags, vanity cases, etc. I only wanted a trio of treats. The one woman, second in line, was in and out with her Bowie 7 inch in a lightning bolt flash.

By ten past nine I was out with the Moz, Bowie and Patti. Home happy.

(No matrix message though. Can you do them on picture discs? S'pose not. Still sad enough to check tho'.)

I wonder if it's being too...fanciful?...to believe that the choice of the Japanese themed vinyl artwork was inspired by the knowledge that the disc was being released in the midst of his 2012 Japanese tour.

Last edited:

Travelled 30 miles to get to my record hub of Louth. They had 4 Moz in but were all gone by the time I got there at 8.10. Got a couple of things and noticed the guy in front of me had Moz. Mentioned to him about it being a remix etc and not to all tastes and he started to say.....I dont know much about....and then stopped. Sure he was gonna say he knew nothing about Moz......and worse he had the only copy of Gallon Drunk.

Anyway onwards to the seaside town the ought to close down Skegness and I got the last one......picked up a few nice bits today and happy with those. Record Store Day works well if the stores act responsibly. Anyone have any idea how they work out the pricing as some just seem weird

I'm curious how much people paid for these when they got them at a store on RSD, just to know how inflated the prices on ebay are. Thanks.

Jeff

I got to the record shop a little after opening, queued for seemed like forever only to be told when I got to the front they only had one copy of Suedehead and that sold almost straight away! I now see there are 30 copies on Ebay :mad: This is not what RSD is about, but people are greedy. Personally they can shove their inflated prices up their arse, I'll get one in a few months times when the price will be more realistic.

I could not agree more EILS, money money money...
Cheers Moz

Just checked on Ebay and so far 65 of these have already been sold :eek:

I'm curious how much people paid for these when they got them at a store on RSD, just to know how inflated the prices on ebay are. Thanks.

Jeff

Here in Australia, there didn't appear to be a set retail price - I guess they were priced by the individual retailers. At the three places I went to in Melbourne (Basement Discs, Polyester Records, and Missing Link - all in the middle of the city), they'd been selling them for $19.99, $24.99, and a neat $20 AUD.

Just checked on Ebay and so far 65 of these have already been sold :eek:

Makes you wonder how many people who bought it in-store on the day actually wanted a copy to keep for themselves, and how many just wanted to try to make a quick buck out of reselling it...very disheartening. :(

EILS, did you manage to get your hands on a copy yet?

Jeff

Hello Jeff,

I paid 17,99 euro in a record shop in Amsterdam on RSD....

Take care, Marcel

Got to Avalanche, or Lovelymusic or whatever it's now called, Glasgow by 7 and placed myself 13th in line. Lucky for some. Felt a bit inadequate as the 11 blokes in front all had copious shopping lists to go with their rucksacks, bin bags, vanity cases, etc. I only wanted a trio of treats. The one woman, second in line, was in and out with her Bowie 7 inch in a lightning bolt flash.

By ten past nine I was out with the Moz, Bowie and Patti. Home happy.

(No matrix message though. Can you do them on picture discs? S'pose not. Still sad enough to check tho'.)

I wonder if it's being too...fanciful?...to believe that the choice of the Japanese themed vinyl artwork was inspired by the knowledge that the disc was being released in the midst of his 2012 Japanese tour.

...well played on the Japan tie in..... ~Frost

Hi Aly,

Nope, I'm still looking for a copy. I'm not prepared to buy one off Ebay at the inflated prices.

Back
Top Bottom