"Suffer Little Children" full demo, "I Want A Boy For My Birthday" teased - Domu Kafe / YouTube

Posted in the Domu Kafe YouTube Channel:

Suffer Little Children - The Smiths: Decibelle demo 1982
The first demo recording made by The Smiths at Decibelle Studios, Beehive Mills. The recording was made on a summers night in 1982.

Set to premiere Dec. 15, 2019:

I want a boy for my birthday

Also:

Suffer: Vox

Suffer: Hofner & Gretsch

Related items:

Wonderful to hear, but we have to wait 344 days for 'I Want a Boy For My Birthday' to be released? Ouch.

Unless - just a thought - has that date has been set as some kind of ultimatum for Moz to pony up some cash for the song and either bury this recording forever, or release it officially? (wasn't this recording offered 'for sale' several years ago, but never found a buyer?)

The decibelle demo version sounds slightly faster, rockier and punchier than the final polished cut that made it on the album. It's more in the line of the rawer sound that we would get on Meat Is Murder.
Well, I know that Morrissey + Marr weren't very happy with the production of that first album. Now we can judge that for ourselves.

In my heart I know, “I Want A Boy For My Birthday” will never live up to my expectations of what I hope it to be.

343 days to go,sorry but I could be hit by a ten ton truck on day 342.if it was a polished version of KIT I would have a countdown clock next to my bed but who knows what this will be like,could be a crap song,could be a crap recording,if this person really wants to build the excitement then post a twenty second clip to whet the apetite.

343 days to go,sorry but I could be hit by a ten ton truck on day 342.if it was a polished version of KIT I would have a countdown clock next to my bed but who knows what this will be like,could be a crap song,could be a crap recording,if this person really wants to build the excitement then post a twenty second clip to whet the apetite.

The complete polished version of Kit already made the rounds, chap.

well I must have been sleeping the day it was released on here coz mine sounds as if its been through a washing machine cycle.

even the cleaned up version doesn't sound great.

It is phenomenal to hear these but I’m taken aback by how sloppy Johnny Marr’s playing is. He must have improved dramatically in the following few months!

It is phenomenal to hear these but I’m taken aback by how sloppy Johnny Marr’s playing is. He must have improved dramatically in the following few months!

I agree - similar story to Robert Johnson who miraculously became a virtuoso overnight - it would appear he sold his soul to the devil at a crossroads or something.

Even my recordings of Marr guitar I learned and made back in the '80s sound better than that.

But still it's totally great to hear these

Like it. Nice track. It's his voice that carries it. Wish he could get back to that kind of singing again. When he was lean and hungry. No posturing, just sheer necessity in getting a point across.

This is the first thing I ever listened to that was so bad, I actually got nauseous and felt as if I was about to abruptly be sick. I thought my first demos were bad! Compared to this they look like the voice of the angel Jesus himself Good Lord Morrissey is lucky, he couldn't sing for shit. How the f*** did he get a contract? Its literally the worst effort I have ever heard.

Posted in the Domu Kafe YouTube Channel:

Suffer Little Children - The Smiths: Decibelle demo 1982
The first demo recording made by The Smiths at Decibelle Studios, Beehive Mills. The recording was made on a summers night in 1982.

Set to premiere Dec. 15, 2019:

I want a boy for my birthday

Also:

Suffer: Vox

Suffer: Hofner & Gretsch

Related items:

Let’s hear your demo then, come on. Just renember the difference is and was that you were shit and the rest is history.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom