"Swords" singles ?

northernleech

with the release of the b sides album in the autumn i would find it quite amusing for morrissey to release a b-side as a single prior to the album coming out , with its own exclusive b sides (oh the irony)... anyway my question is : if moz was to do this , which b-side since 2004 would you choose as the lead off single ?

with the release of the b sides album in the autumn i would find it quite amusing for morrissey to release a b-side as a single prior to the album coming out , with its own exclusive b sides (oh the irony)... anyway my question is : if moz was to do this , which b-side since 2004 would you choose as the lead off single ?

- Don't Make Fun Of Daddy's Voice
- Ganglord
- My Dearest Love

...all would make fantastic singles, anyone agree ??

Love PTxx.

If there is a single I would expect a double a-side of a live track and another song such as the Redondo Beach / How Soon is Now ? (Live) single in support of Earl's Court.

I am thinking something along the lines of "I Keep Mine Hidden" or "Ask" along with Shame is the Name.

- Don't Make Fun Of Daddy's Voice
- Ganglord
- My Dearest Love

...all would make fantastic singles, anyone agree ??

Love PTxx.

Daddys voice?? as single?? i really couldnt see his selling at all, good song but wouldnt appeal to the masses and would flop worst than something squeezing(which is a great song). I think My dearest Love would be the best option:thumb:

'Christian Dior'
stonecoldclassic Moz.
'My Dearest Love' reduces me to ions every time, but it's too sublime to be a single. :confused:

I'm confused with all the talk of a single from 'Swords?' I thought this was to be populated with the remaining 'Refusal' b-sides and likely ROTT b-sides. Isn't this to be a compilation album along the lines of 'World of Morrissey' or 'My Early Burglary Years?' I don't recall those efforts being supported by singles, let alone singles with b-sides? The whole point is this is yet another catch all to reissue older material under the pretext that it was hard to find for the average fan.

I'm expecting we'll get the four remaining b-sides from the 'Refusal" sessions and I really hope we get 'I'm Playing Easy to Get' and finally, yes, 'Kit!' If not now, then when for these two songs!:)

How about "The Never Played Symphony's" as a future b-side(single) release? I absolutely Love that song.

Maybe "It's Hard To Walk Tall, When You're Small" would be excellent IMHO, as a future B side (single) as well.

Ganglord with this picture as a Smiths style single cover

ian-tomlinson-walks-past-001.jpg

I'm confused with all the talk of a single from 'Swords?' I thought this was to be populated with the remaining 'Refusal' b-sides and likely ROTT b-sides. Isn't this to be a compilation album along the lines of 'World of Morrissey' or 'My Early Burglary Years?' I don't recall those efforts being supported by singles, let alone singles with b-sides? The whole point is this is yet another catch all to reissue older material under the pretext that it was hard to find for the average fan.

I'm expecting we'll get the four remaining b-sides from the 'Refusal" sessions and I really hope we get 'I'm Playing Easy to Get' and finally, yes, 'Kit!' If not now, then when for these two songs!:)

:D
Some people want the impossible.
Then, when the impossible happens, some of the same people will be hissing and moaning lyrics from "Paint A Vulgar Picture." :rolleyes:

'Christian Dior'
stonecoldclassic Moz.

That's such a strong and beautiful track. How on earth was it buried as a b-side is completely beyond me!

Back
Top Bottom