Take the peodo link down david t - listen to the fans

My question was do you think The Guardian should remove the article because people are offended? I didn't ask what your opinion was on the quote.

You could say this site is condemning child abuse also. Certainly on the surface it appears like a crazy person but isn't that the actual intent of it?

The point the majority of us are making is that YOU CHOSE to pluck this bizarre unknown blogger our of obscurity and furnish him with a large stage and spotlight. My question to you is WHY? What was your motivation? It wasn't even 'news' like the Guardian reporting a then current direct Morrissey quote? Please be honest with yourself here. Why did you not dismiss this blogger - which wasn't actual 'news' - and decide to give it oxygen? Does the fact that most of your readers by far think it was a terrible move not mean anything to you?

Plus the fact I have explained there are people here who have suffered abuse in the past and you choosing to plonk this 'story' on the front page has triggered all kinds of emotional reaction and stress. Surely you can see that for such a 'non story' it wasn't worth it? And I as well as others including Uncleskinny, have pleaded with you to consider all these factors and make a gesture of reconciliation for those upset that usually support this place, but it looks as if you wish to dig your heels in and act the Big Hard Man by not doing a thing about it. It just seems odd that you can't think - 'oh, some people I value from my site are really hurt by this decision - its no big deal to me really - just one story among many - I'll drop it, I'd rather not create further pain'.

You are right, I'm sure many people would get a lot of joy out of the items but for it to come out this way is a bit odd.

I don't have any issues with amendments - for example adding to the story 'UPDATE: the site has taken down the Morrissey-related articles following a discussion with many of this site's users'. To ask removal / censorship is not appropriate, unless there is a very good reason. Personal pain I sympathize with. This site is a bit controversial especially lately and I expect there will be more ruffled feathers in the future.

David, don't cave. You'll be selling your soul to the Devil. What is next? I send you two roundtrip tickets to Spain if you ban Geezer? THIS would set a dangerous precedent. You can be bought. Give up your principles for a rare recording.

He is abusing his power. Sad. He knows certain collectors/obsessives will blame you if they don't get to hear this rare recording. If he were so generous he would have shared it long ago. Not wait until he could use it as a bargaining tool to control the content of this site. I can't even believe I am witnessing this. It is so pathetic. What a saddo.

Here's the hand of friendship and compromise - would you be willing to move the story from the News Pages into another section so it can still be read and discussed by those who wish to - but you would be acknowleding that perhaps you made an error of judgement in putting it in the main news section and the gesture would satisfy those of us that are angry and upset at it being given that initial profile? That seems reasonable doesn't it?

You are right, I'm sure many people would get a lot of joy out of the items but for it to come out this way is a bit odd.

I don't have any issues with amendments - for example adding to the story 'UPDATE: the site has taken down the Morrissey-related articles following a discussion with many of this site's users'. To ask removal / censorship is not appropriate, unless there is a very good reason. Personal pain I sympathize with. This site is a bit controversial especially lately and I expect there will be more ruffled feathers in the future.

Taking it off the site altogether would be the wrong approach. However, you seem to agree that removing it from the front page is an appropriate approach to take. Like many other, I look forward to you implementing this.

David, don't cave. You'll be selling your soul to the Devil. What is next? I send you two roundtrip tickets to Spain if you ban Geezer? THIS would set a dangerous precedent. You can be bought. Give up your principles for a rare recording.

He is abusing his power. Sad. He knows certain collectors/obsessives will blame you if they don't get to hear this rare recording. If he were so generous he would have shared it long ago. Not wait until he could use it as a bargaining tool to control the content of this site. I can't even believe I am witnessing this. It is so pathetic. What a saddo.

Ask anyone who knows anything about Morrissey rareties and you will find that I have been extremely generous and giving - for ZERO reward - in the past. Many many times. So yeah - I guess I am pathetic and sad. We can't all reach your standard.

That thread with the link to the blog should not be removed from the site altogether. It has already been on the MP for two days now. And should at least be kept in the GD forum. Seems like now--at this hour-- it has just become a battle of wills between two people. I say leave it be. Or he wins on terrible grounds. His feelings are hurt. Oh dear. Who is next? Suicide survivors are offended by a link to a suicide? Overweight people are offended by a link to a blog slamming overweight people? Muslims threaten to boycott Solo because of a link to an article with pics of Mohammed? Everybody is offended by something.

Mr. Reynolds, shame on you for your little bribery stunt. Give unconditionally or don't give at all.

Isn't it past midnight in the UK?

Last edited:
I said I don't mind making amendments as necessary but I don't agree removing / censoring articles from the main page or anywhere is good, unless there is a valid reason.

While most people feel it is a mistake, I don't think it is one. Let's leave that to a difference of opinion. I'm highlighting a link, if it's that insane, ridiculous or uninteresting, you'll need to learn to ignore it and move on instead of calling for its censorship.

As for the timing of it, I didn't plan anything, it just happened to be posted by someone around the time I was doing an update.

Here's the hand of friendship and compromise - would you be willing to move the story from the News Pages into another section so it can still be read and discussed by those who wish to - but you would be acknowleding that perhaps you made an error of judgement in putting it in the main news section and the gesture would satisfy those of us that are angry and upset at it being given that initial profile? That seems reasonable doesn't it?

Taking it off the site altogether would be the wrong approach. However, you seem to agree that removing it from the front page is an appropriate approach to take. Like many other, I look forward to you implementing this.

Ask anyone who knows anything about Morrissey rareties and you will find that I have been extremely generous and giving - for ZERO reward - in the past. Many many times. So yeah - I guess I am pathetic and sad. We can't all reach your standard.

How long have you been sitting on this recording?

Woah woah woah. Steady on there.

He's a good guy. Going through a rough patch. Many reasons. He worked with Moz. Some time back.

Cut him some slack. I know I'm a little easy on the trigger, but trust me, he's in a bad place right now.

I'm not saying we justify our comments on circumstance that no one else would know, and heaven knows I'm not perfect.

Cut him some slack.

P.

I second this.

Please don't go Mr Reynolds. You have always been a considerate poster on the forums. Although I haven't kept up to date with the thread, I'm sorry to hear of your experiences. I can appreciate how this must be a sensitive topic for you.

Your choice to do as what you feel is best for you but I, personally, would be sorry to see you leave the boards.

I second this.

Please don't go Mr Reynolds. You have always been a considerate poster on the forums. Although I haven't kept up to date with the thread, I'm sorry to hear of your experiences. I can appreciate how this must be a sensitive topic for you.

Your choice to do as what you feel is best for you but I, personally, would be sorry to see you leave the boards.

What? You of all people wish to make concessions? What happened to your Wild West approach? I am shocked, to be honest. I know that you too have a soft spot when it comes to child abuse. But come on. You are being a hypocrite here.

I said I don't mind making amendments as necessary but I don't agree removing / censoring articles from the main page or anywhere is good, unless there is a valid reason.

While most people feel it is a mistake, I don't think it is one. Let's leave that to a difference of opinion. I'm highlighting a link, if it's that insane, ridiculous or uninteresting, you'll need to learn to ignore it and move on instead of calling for its censorship.

As for the timing of it, I didn't plan anything, it just happened to be posted by someone around the time I was doing an update.

Ok. I tried and I failed. You refuse to budge an inch. I don't feel comfortable here anymore. I'll leave. 'GOOD RIDDANCE!!!' screams realitybites... (I like your signature picture by the way...it made me smile) :) Bye guys x

What? You of all people wish to make concessions? What happened to your Wild West approach? I am shocked, to be honest. I know that you too have a soft spot when it comes to child abuse. But come on. You are being a hypocrite here.

I have compassion for someone who has clearly been affected by this. And he clearly has. For someone who barely stops to say peep and here is the odd recording, don't you feel it usual for him to fight so passionately on this point in particular?

He is not someone who argues for attention or to occupy time. Those people I say no slack shall be given. Him? I think he is entitled to a bit of understanding.

I think the forum would be poorer without his occasional contribution.

I have compassion for someone who has clearly been affected by this. And he clearly has. For someone who barely stops to say peep and here is the odd recording, don't you feel it usual for him to fight so passionately on this point in particular?

He is not someone who argues for attention or to occupy time. Those people I say no slack shall be given. Him? I think he is entitled to a bit of understanding.

Thaks for the kind words and thoughts Iona it means alot. A family member is dying of cancer at the moment and this subject about child abuse stirred up a heap of awful memories as well so I am feeling pathetic and weak and sad and all the things realitybites wants to project on to me. Life is shit.

Thaks for the kind words and thoughts Iona it means alot. A family member is dying of cancer at the moment and this subject about child abuse stirred up a heap of awful memories as well so I am feeling pathetic and weak and sad and all the things realitybites wants to project on to me. Life is shit.

You're genuinely welcome.

You may be feeling that way but you are not that way. It doesn't define you. Come back when you are fighting fit once more and ready to withstand the fray. I will be happy to see your presence.

Edit - and I am sorry to hear about your family member. The end is rarely pretty. My condolences.

Last edited:

There are many great contributors from those who provide bootlegs, to those that stimulate discussions, to those that provide the lulz. Everyone is valuable. One person should not be given special treatment because of special circumstances. Many of us have suffered horribly. There are posters who have been raped, beaten, are disabled, depressed, racial minorities, transvestites, etc. Should every victim get the VIP treatment? This is a slippery slope.

Last edited:
There are many great contributors from those who provide bootlegs, to those that stimulate discussions, to those that provide the lulz. Everyone is valuable. One person should not be given special treatment because of special circumstances. Many of us have suffered horribly. There are posters who have been raped, beaten, are disabled, depressed, racial minorities, transvestites, etc. Should everyone victim get the VIP treatment? This is a slippery slope.

I don't deserve special treatment. You're right.

Ok. I tried and I failed. You refuse to budge an inch. I don't feel comfortable here anymore. I'll leave. 'GOOD RIDDANCE!!!' screams realitybites... (I like your signature picture by the way...it made me smile) :) Bye guys x

I am not screaming good riddance. I just didn't like that bribery stunt. Think about the awful position you put David in. I am sorry you have been abused and that you have a family member battling cancer.

Thank you for the compliment on my siggy.

There are many great contributors from those who provide bootlegs, to those that stimulate discussions, to those that provide the lulz. Everyone is valuable. One person should not be given special treatment because of special circumstances. Many of us have suffered horribly. There are posters who have been raped, beaten, are disabled, depressed, racial minorities, transvestites, etc. Should every victim get the VIP treatment? This is a slippery slope.

Is compassion and empathy VIP treatment in your world?

I'm not saying you have to agree with him, nor that David capitulate. I am just showing a bit of humanity and understanding to stranger who has been genuinely troubled by this.

You seem to be confusing compassion with concession.

Last edited:
Is compassion and empathy VIP treatment in your world?

I'm not saying you have to agree with him, nor that David capitulate. I am just showing a bit of humanity and understanding to stranger who has been genuinely troubled by this.

You seem to be confusing compassion with concession.

Compassion is a good thing. A great thing.

Back
Top Bottom