Tel-Aviv, Israel - Charles Bronfman Auditorium (Aug. 23, 2016) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

Suedehead / Alma Matters / Speedway / Ganglord / Staircase At The University / All You Need Is Me / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / Istanbul / The Bullfighter Dies / Kiss Me A Lot / Ouija Board, Ouija Board / Meat Is Murder / Everyday Is Like Sunday / You Have Killed Me / Jack The Ripper / The World Is Full Of Crashing Bores / I Will See You In Far-Off Places / What She Said / Oboe Concerto // Irish Blood, English Heart

setlist provided by an anonymous person, correction by another anonymous person.

• Live Radio Broadcast of Tel-Aviv Show (with download link) - Aug. 23, 2016
  • Review (4.5 / 5 stars, 30 photos) - yosmusic.com. Link posted by Famous when dead.
  • 'Bigmouth strikes again' Morrissey gets political by Sarah Levi - The Jerusalem Post
  • Photo posted by yuvalerel / Instagram. Link posted by an anonymous person.

39032_telaviv.jpg

Last edited:
I think this might have already been posted elsewhere but just in case.

For those who don't know, Owen Smith is a British MP running for the leadership of the opposition Labour Party. He's worse than the incumbent, who is utterly hopeless, unable to even find a full train on a network replete with full trains.

Was Crashing bores played? It's on the setlist in the review from Tel-Aviv??

Sounds like a good show but I have to agree that the setlist needs at least a little shake up. I haven't seen him in a year and the only song I haven't seen live in the last couple of years is Jack the ripper (although I would love to see that)

Still I can't wait for Brooklyn!

yes, Crashing Bores was played between Jack The Ripper and I Will See You.

Setlist should be corrected, note to davidt

here's the evidence:

He's obviously having a joke with the 'lay' definition - remember when the song first came out, he claimed he was singing 'it was a bootleg' instead? Here's the poetry definition anyway, if you really haven't heard of it. https://www.britannica.com/art/lay

Re the finger bandage - hasn't he had that off and on since he got bit by a dog a few years ago?

Even bots are bemoaning the setlist.

It is all and only about MONEY. The band don't need to rehearse these songs. Morrissey is too tight to pay them more than the bare minimum.

He's touring countries that he despises, playing in front of idiots he also despises. Why, if not purely for money?

He's obviously having a joke with the 'lay' definition - remember when the song first came out, he claimed he was singing 'it was a bootleg' instead? Here's the poetry definition anyway, if you really haven't heard of it. https://www.britannica.com/art/lay

Re the finger bandage - hasn't he had that off and on since he got bit by a dog a few years ago?

Thanks for the link. This could well be true but our Moz is a big fan of the old double entendre. To think he wasn't aware of how that line would be interpreted and take pleasure from it....please. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Not quite the same. Boston 2014 included Now My Heart Is Full, Kick the Bride...no Oboe, AYNIM, Jack the Ripper...I'd pay full freight just to hear the lattermost live. But I am quite irregular.

I was in Norway (Bergen) and Manchester (the city where my parents live - although I haven't lived there since I was 18). Both gigs were wonderful (and both very different, given the size of the venues!£, and JtR is my new favourite Morrissey song. He was incredible at both! I'm still on a high from this summer of Moz.

Thanks for the link. This could well be true but our Moz is a big fan of the old double entendre. To think he wasn't aware of how that line would be interpreted and takes pleasure from it....please. :rolleyes:

But nobody noticed that it was a double entendre. Quite astonishing that nobody did in 30 years. At least I can't remember anyone suggesting that "lay" could also mean "poem". Must have been very satisfying for Moz.

It is all and only about MONEY. The band don't need to rehearse these songs. Morrissey is too tight to pay them more than the bare minimum.

He's touring countries that he despises, playing in front of idiots he also despises. Why, if not purely for money?

I don't think he's playing the same songs for years because he's too tight to let the band practice.

I think he has always done the same in the past, but then the world wasn't such a small place ,where you got to see the show he did in another county, before he came to your country. The internet ruined a lot of things.

There were five songs from the new-ish album. I think it is a bit odd that 8 songs out of the setlist, he played in Tel-Aviv in 2012, when you think of the catalog he has to choose from. He probably feels he has to play MIM and perhaps it has to do with his health, giving him rest in the middle of the show.

I think he has an agenda of not giving the audience what it wants when it wants it and to test the fans' patience. Also he has agendas he likes to promote, like going against police/government brutality. Also these songs are the ones he can probably relate to best at this time of his life and career - death is present in almost all of these songs - maybe that's what he's trying to say, that's also what he talked about between songs.

The show in Tel-Aviv in 2008 was a treat setlist wise, but I guess it was a one off. You see he can give an audience what they want when he wants to. He just doesn't want to.

They don't need the rehearsal and they can pick up the old songs quickly, I'm sure. The "Tormentors..." stuff is sounding so tired now.

Not quite the same. Boston 2014 included Now My Heart Is Full, Kick the Bride...no Oboe, AYNIM, Jack the Ripper...I'd pay full freight just to hear the lattermost live. But I am quite irregular.

As you nit-picked my post, which was clearly meant as a generalization, allow me to nit-pick yours: Having attended the Boston show in 2014, I can assure you that "Now My Heart is Full" was not played. It was not brought back from the shelf until 2015, and even then for only a (too) short while.

It can be if not well managed. The burning in the throat from backed up acid would be the aspect that would affect a singer the most, I imagine. I get a very hoarse voice and have choking fits from all the acid on my worst days.

That would be a compelling reason to sport a transdermal patch at a concert, if he is similarly affected.

I listened in hoping to hear the original arrangement of "It's Hard To Walk Tall When You're Small." I was perplexed by the seemingly-non sequitur lyrical changes in "Everyday Is Like Sunday ("cuando, cuando, cuando"; "....more grist for the mill").

A shake-up of the setlist would go a long way. A shame to see "Have-a-Go Merchant" having gone already. Similar to the one-offs of "Interesting Drug" and "The Boy Racer" a while back.

Only, it isn't a transdermal patch. It's a common band aid.

I should have clarified - assuming there is a transdermal patch being held on beneath the band aid, for pragmatism's sake.

Admittedly, the supposedly bloodied band aid/clean chest is a funnier kettle of fish.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom