Tel-Aviv, Israel - Charles Bronfman Auditorium (Aug. 23, 2016) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

Suedehead / Alma Matters / Speedway / Ganglord / Staircase At The University / All You Need Is Me / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / Istanbul / The Bullfighter Dies / Kiss Me A Lot / Ouija Board, Ouija Board / Meat Is Murder / Everyday Is Like Sunday / You Have Killed Me / Jack The Ripper / The World Is Full Of Crashing Bores / I Will See You In Far-Off Places / What She Said / Oboe Concerto // Irish Blood, English Heart

setlist provided by an anonymous person, correction by another anonymous person.

• Live Radio Broadcast of Tel-Aviv Show (with download link) - Aug. 23, 2016
  • Review (4.5 / 5 stars, 30 photos) - yosmusic.com. Link posted by Famous when dead.
  • 'Bigmouth strikes again' Morrissey gets political by Sarah Levi - The Jerusalem Post
  • Photo posted by yuvalerel / Instagram. Link posted by an anonymous person.

39032_telaviv.jpg

Last edited:
But nobody noticed that it was a double entendre. Quite astonishing that nobody did in 30 years. At least I can't remember anyone suggesting that "lay" could also mean "poem". Must have been very satisfying for Moz.

That's true. To the literary lay-person such as myself and many others I'm sure quite a few things get by me. I can't remember how many times I thought a phrase from one of his lyrics was remarkable only to find out here that it was either lifted or highly influenced by a poet or author.

The good news is that it ultimately doesn't matter because the emotion and feeling he breathes into the words when he sings them make them his own. He owns them figuratively if not literally.

They don't need the rehearsal and they can pick up the old songs quickly, I'm sure. The "Tormentors..." stuff is sounding so tired now.

You're actually wrong, if a band have not played songs for a few years , you can't just go out on a tour and play shows and pick up the songs quickly and wing it, they would definitely have to rehearse again and get the set locked in. what are they just going to fumble through the songs in front of a live audience until they "pick them up"? you can't do that with a brand new 22 song set trust me . you have to go through full rehearsals with soundman getting everything perfect with whole crew present , work out changeovers etc . The other poster is correct, it is all about the money

Maybe that's where he feels pain. Why do you always have to think the worst?

Even if he had to absolutely have it there on his throat, he could have covered it up.

He obviously wanted it to be seen, the old drama queen. Why do you have to be so gullible?

Maybe that's where he feels pain. Why do you always have to think the worst?

You're an idiot. You have no idea how transdermal patches work, do you? Do people with nicotine patches put them on their lungs? And let's assume in some alternative medical universe you ARE right, then you're still wrong, because omeprazole is not a painkiller, it's a proton-pump inhinitor.

You're an idiot. You have no idea how transdermal patches work, do you? Do people with nicotine patches put them on their lungs? Jackass.

You are wrong, again. I'm not an idiot and I do know how they work. It happens my father used patches for pain almost for a year in his upper arm, changed them once a week, until his death of cancer last May.

You are wrong, again. I'm not an idiot and I do know how they work. It happens my father used patches for pain almost for a year in his upper arm, changed them once a week, until his death of cancer last May.

I think you are right here and far from being idiotic :)

A nicotine patch may be able to be placed anywhere on the body, but if you have back pain you wouldn't put ice or heat on your forehead. That would be :crazy:

As I wrote before, I am not a doctor, but if he has pain in his throat the placement of the patch makes sense. Does it also play into his penchant for injury for effect? Sure, but so what. He is not making fun of cancer patients. He has a diagnosed medical condition.

It is so funny how so much is being made about this. It isn't like he walked on stage with his penis hanging out :eek:

I think you are right here and far from being idiotic :)

A nicotine patch may be able to be placed anywhere on the body, but if you have back pain you wouldn't put ice or heat on your forehead. That would be :crazy:

As I wrote before, I am not a doctor, but if he has pain in his throat the placement of the patch makes sense. Does it also play into his penchant for injury for effect? Sure, but so what. He is not making fun of cancer patients. He has a diagnosed medical condition.

It is so funny how so much is being made about this. It isn't like he walked on stage with his penis hanging out :eek:

No it does not. That is not how transdermal patches work, especially the Omeprazole ones as described. They could be anywhere. This is a deliberate placing.

Last edited:
No it does not. That is not how transdermal patches work, especially the Omeprazole ones as described. They could be anywhere. This is s deliberate placing.

Like I said. I have no idea so I will leave this up to the experts. I just find it hard to believe it is 100% for show. Although I admit that it could be.

No it does not. That is not how transdermal patches work, especially the Omeprazole ones as described. They could be anywhere. This is s deliberate placing.

These are Fentanyl Transdermal Patches, and I cite: "You can apply a fentanyl patch to your chest, back, upper arms, or the sides of your waist."
https://medlineplus.gov/druginfo/meds/a601202.html
It makes sense if you feel pain in the chest area you apply them there, if you have the possibility.
These were the patches used by my father, and the placement is similar: "apply one patch to a dry, non-irritated, non-hairy area of your skin on your upper body (such as your chest, upper back, or the outside of your arms)".
http://patient.info/medicine/buprenorphine-for-pain-relief
Chest seems to be the first place indicated to apply those patches, if those are the patches Morrissey is using. We shouldn't think the worst about a person who suffers an illness.

if he stubbed his toe, the next night there would be a spotlight shining on the toe patch, cutting half his shoe off to make sure the hysterical mozbots can see it and feel sorry for him and buy a couple extra allocated tix.
FFS, the patch is melodrama.

if he stubbed his toe, the next night there would be a spotlight shining on the toe patch, cutting half his shoe off to make sure the hysterical mozbots can see it and feel sorry for him and buy a couple extra allocated tix.
FFS, the patch is melodrama.
To patch or not to patch...:paranoid:

He said that "a good lay" meant in this context a beautiful poem. Lay in middle English meant a ballad that is meant to be read out loud.

Yes. Lyrics have a lot more sense now (You had to sneak into my room just to read my diary...). Morrissey is a writer.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom