Tell me about the Chicago Theater

aggro_jo

It appears to be all seated/ no GA? Would really love to see Moz surrounded by the regular pulsing crowd of fans. Wonder how far I will have to drive to make this happen....

Thanks for any input you windy city folks can share......

Re: Chicago show?

Saw the Pet Shop Boys there a few years ago, very intimate and beautiful theatre.No bad seats atall.Satge invasion...why not.If it can happen at an amphitheater, it can happen at an intimate theater.

Your gonna have a great time.Chicago rocks!!

is morrissey doing a meet and greet in Chicago on 10-27-12?

Hey Mozfanatics! just wondering if anyone knows if Moz is doing a meet and greet for his chicago show? or better yet, when is sound check the day of the show and how can i sneak into the employee entrance to get backstage?! lol sorry as most of us can agree on this site, Moz is my absolute favorite singer and the smiths are my favorite band so the fact that i FINALLY get to see him perform means I GOTTA MEET THE GUY! so help me out moz fans!

Attachments

• the truth.jpg
    the truth.jpg
    8.3 KB · Views: 3
Re: is morrissey doing a meet and greet in Chicago on 10-27-12?

Hey Mozfanatics! just wondering if anyone knows if Moz is doing a meet and greet for his chicago show? or better yet, when is sound check the day of the show and how can i sneak into the employee entrance to get backstage?! lol sorry as most of us can agree on this site, Moz is my absolute favorite singer and the smiths are my favorite band so the fact that i FINALLY get to see him perform means I GOTTA MEET THE GUY! so help me out moz fans!

He really never meets fans if he can help it. Sometimes, in smaller towns, people manage to catch him sneaking from the bus into the theatre before soundcheck. Formal "meet and greet" events are very rare--there was one in Israel a few years ago. I think a radio station has to put them together. Good luck!

Chicago Show

I would like to see Moz in Chicago later this month. However, I'm not paying $100+ to see him from some ripoff site. I have seen him a few times before and can live without it; plus I can't afford it anyway. However, I must admit I would like to see him again as I have not heard him doing anything from Years of Refusal live before; last time I saw him was in 2006 and the album was not out. I've been a Smiths/Moz fan for 25 years. I think there are some great songs on YOR I'd love to hear him do live. So if anybody can help me out I'd be very appreciative.

Thanks.

Re: Chicago Show.

I would like to see Moz in Chicago later this month. However, I'm not paying $100+ to see him from some ripoff site. I have seen him a few times before and can live without it; plus I can't afford it anyway. However, I must admit I would like to see him again as I have not heard him doing anything from Years of Refusal live before; last time I saw him was in 2006 and the album was not out. I've been a Smiths/Moz fan for 25 years. I think there are some great songs on YOR I'd love to hear him do live. So if anybody can help me out I'd be very appreciative.

Thanks.

Are you looking for a free ticket to the Chicago show? :squiffy:

maybe check craigslist in chicago? i am sure you'll be able to find tickets for cheap...unless you want to be in the front.

There are still 500+ tickets available on stubhub. I would imagine the closer the date comes the prices will come down. I paid $446 for four tickets in row G which is pretty far back.

Of course I'm not looking for a free ticket, this is America, NOTHING is free.

This is a gag post, right?

Just got back to the UK from Chicago. Gutted to say the least that the gig was cancelled. I had my suspicions when I went to have a look at the Theatre on Thursday and there was nothing to suggest Morrissey was playing. Heard from a friend it was postponed shortly after when I was sitting in a bar, but thought he was winding me up. So checked with the box office to confirm the bad news. Gig should be rescheduled for some time in January, but I very much doubt I can justify going back so soon due to money. Anyway, get well soon, Morrissey's mum.

Tags
chicago concerts meet and greet morrissey tour
Back
Top Bottom