Tell something slightly, moderately, or very unusual @ yourself, preferably that no one else knows

Re: Tell something slightly, moderately, or very unusual @ yourself, preferably that no one else kno

I see Erica there in the Brenner painting behind the melted candle. I suppose she didn't feel like feeding the ducks the day that image was snapped.

Well she started out feeding the ducks...then she got an urge and had to run back to the cottage, lips swollen...

#oilpaintingfanfiction

Re: Tell something slightly, moderately, or very unusual @ yourself, preferably that no one else kno

I have a Mary nightlight with a busted bulb I'll send you. I bought it at a Mexican grocery store in Santa Ana the first morning after I took a job in Garden Grove apartment sitting and I got a visit from Amun Ra and scared the f*** out of me. Now he comes around and I'm like "omg stfu ra ra."

Oh how I laughed. I really LOL'd

I'm really into cleaning. Organizing, too. My idea of a great weekend is spending two solid days cleaning the whole house top to bottom.

I'm really into cleaning. Organizing, too. My idea of a great weekend is spending two solid days cleaning the whole house top to bottom.

You are not alone...

When I was 6 years old my parents put me in Tae Kwon Do. After getting beaten up repeatedly by 12 year olds in the gym, I ran back to Ma, which set the pace for the rest of my days...

When I was 6 years old my parents put me in Tae Kwon Do. After getting beaten up repeatedly by 12 year olds in the gym, I ran back to Ma, which set the pace for the rest of my days...

They had Tae Kwon Do back then?

I find hardware stores fascinating......the smell, all of the merchandise. Same goes for this old stationary store by me.....office products, pens, etc.

I find hardware stores fascinating......the smell, all of the merchandise. Same goes for this old stationary store by me.....office products, pens, etc.

YES!!!!! Me too.

When I have a cold and a sore throat, I like to eat potato chips because it feels like it's scratching my itchy throat as I swallow them and scraping away the mucous. I realize that's not anatomically possible, but I've been imagining it for so long its just stuck.

When I have a cold and a sore throat, I like to eat potato chips because it feels like it's scratching my itchy throat as I swallow them and scraping away the mucous. I realize that's not anatomically possible, but I've been imagining it for so long its just stuck.

OR a minor cold is another excuse to scarf down a bag of potato chips? Try honey & lemon.

best
BB

The habit isn't the only think that has stuck.

When I was very small, maybe 3 years old, I said that I wanted to be a football when I grew up.

I don't remember saying this, but my many older siblings are happy to remind me any chance they get.

I seem to have a bit of an affinity with gays (I know it's a broad description and stereotypical but...). Almost all of my favourite actors/singers are gay or effeminate. I dj'd a gay night for years and got on famously with the guests, or should I say fabulously? Glee aside, whenever a gay character appears on the telly I'm immediately on their side. Most people seem to think they'd be upset if one of their kids was gay but I couldn't care less, etc, etc, etc.

If I was asked how straight I was as in how much I was attracted to men, 1-10, it'd be a ten as in completely women and men not one bit. It all makes no sense but it is what it is. I have a thing for gay men but not in a gay way.

When I was very small, maybe 3 years old, I said that I wanted to be a football when I grew up.

I don't remember saying this, but my many older siblings are happy to remind me any chance they get.

My friend's sister wanted to be a lunchpail. She got a master's degree in Dance and teaches at a college which seems like a step down from her original aspirations in the "useful" category. :D

CrystalGeezer has now become Crystal-Geese-er in my mind such that whenever I read one of CG's posts, I think of Geese. Is it really so strange?

I seem to have a bit of an affinity with gays (I know it's a broad description and stereotypical but...). Almost all of my favourite actors/singers are gay or effeminate. I dj'd a gay night for years and got on famously with the guests, or should I say fabulously? Glee aside, whenever a gay character appears on the telly I'm immediately on their side. Most people seem to think they'd be upset if one of their kids was gay but I couldn't care less, etc, etc, etc.

If I was asked how straight I was as in how much I was attracted to men, 1-10, it'd be a ten as in completely women and men not one bit. It all makes no sense but it is what it is. I have a thing for gay men but not in a gay way.
I'm the same way for the most part, except I'm a woman so there's less of a stigma there since unfortunately it's still considered fairly socially anomalous for a heterosexual man to have many gay male friends or openly identify with gay men. However, I do sometimes get the occasional joker asking why I care about gay issues if I'm not gay. :rolleyes:

At any rate, like you, most of the writers, musicians, and artists I latched on to in my adolescence were either gay or bisexual and as a result, the concept of same-sex relationships was normalized for me pretty early on and I quickly developed an interest in queer history and issues. I don't ever recall a time where I thought homosexuality was unusual. In fact, it made a lot of sense according to what was then my comically naive, oversimplified view of human relationships (men understand each other more than they understand women, so why wouldn't they love each other? etc).

I've always related to men on a very deep level, emotionally and intellectually, which probably has a lot to do with it as well. I've been jokingly told that I'm "a gay man trapped in a woman's body" which I find obnoxious, but I do feel a strong degree of empathy and identification with gay men more than any other group, including other heterosexual women. Furthermore, while there are exceptions, I typically relate to gay narratives in fiction and elsewhere much more than the more traditional heterosexual narratives, despite that, in technical fact, the latter more closely resembles my lived experiences. I wish I had a definite explanation for why this is, but I don't. I can only come up with half-baked explanations, like the one I alluded to above: I strongly relate to men but I'm also attracted to them, hence I feel a kinship with gay men? I don't know. This probably sounds like a load of bosh, but it's a part of myself I don't fully understand so I think about it a lot and it's not something I often discuss with other people, so I thought it fitting for this thread.

Last edited:

I'm the same way for the most part, except I'm a woman so there's less of a stigma there since unfortunately it's still considered fairly socially anomalous for a heterosexual man to have many gay male friends or openly identify with gay men. However, I do sometimes get the occasional joker asking why I care about gay issues if I'm not gay. :rolleyes:

At any rate, like you, most of the writers, musicians, and artists I latched on to in my adolescence were either gay or bisexual and as a result, the concept of same-sex relationships was normalized for me pretty early on and I quickly developed an interest in queer history and issues. I don't ever recall a time where I thought homosexuality was unusual. In fact, it made a lot of sense according to what was then my comically naive, oversimplified view of human relationships (men understand each other more than they understand women, so why wouldn't they love each other? etc).

I've always related to men on a very deep level, emotionally and intellectually, which probably has a lot to do with it as well. I've been jokingly told that I'm "a gay man trapped in a woman's body" which I find obnoxious, but I do feel a strong degree of empathy and identification with gay men more than any other group, including other heterosexual women. Furthermore, while there are exceptions, I typically relate to gay narratives in fiction and elsewhere much more than the more traditional heterosexual narratives, despite that, in technical fact, the latter more closely resembles my lived experiences. I wish I had a definite explanation for why this is, but I don't. I can only come up with half-baked explanations, like the one I alluded to above: I strongly relate to men but I'm also attracted to them, hence I feel a kinship with gay men? I don't know. This probably sounds like a load of bosh, but it's a part of myself I don't fully understand so I think about it a lot and it's not something I often discuss with other people, so I thought it fitting for this thread.

I have nothing to add here other than to say that I could have written this—every word.

Also, I totally assumed you were a man until now. I blame Animal Man.

I have nothing to add here other than to say that I could have written this—every word.

Also, I totally assumed you were a man until now. I blame Animal Man.
You just gained 1,000,000 points in my book for recognizing Animal Man.

You just gained 1,000,000 points in my book for recognizing Animal Man.

There are 11,000 comic books in my house. Only about 15 of them are mine, but I've learned a few things.

Back
Top Bottom