Tell something slightly, moderately, or very unusual @ yourself, preferably that no one else knows

Re: Tell something slightly, moderately, or very unusual @ yourself, preferably that no one else kno

Okay good. I named myself after a bottle of water and it wasn't until 6 months in when people called me "Crystal" I realized my name sounded like a crack whore which is like the opposite of who I am. :p But Breaking Bad is a good show that made it cool again.

Crank whore. Crystal meth =crank. Freebase cocaine = crack.

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Tell something slightly, moderately, or very unusual @ yourself, preferably that no one else kno

I'm talkin' Kit Harington (oh, man...*swoon*), Emilia Clarke, Jason Momoa and Nikolaj Coster-Waldau. Oh, yea! Put 'em in their grimy outfits and add the fictional, barbaric treatment of women and I'm down.

View attachment 33596

I Googled—no response from any part of my body. Oh well! The three guys look like they need haircuts and showers. I'm never into the boys that the other girls like. :p

When I sneeze, people rarely say "Bless you." because my sneezes sound like I'm coughing.

I took three years of private opera lessons. I can sing opera. :o :(

This is ace, video on you tube asap.

I haven't practiced in years and apartment life isn't exactly a sing-from-your-diaphragm sort of environment. Maybe someday, not in the mood now. The last ten years or so I feel like I've been singing out of tune and since my neck surgery my voice is jacked, there's a lot of factors.

i write some poetry now and again but im not very good at it. tends to lyrical and slanted and im much more suited to prose and narration. you should try and publish if youve got that kind of encouragement. i just dont know much about poetry or how to judge it but why not try. im surprised to see so many people praise an emulate a poet but not try it themselves.

i write some poetry now and again but im not very good at it. tends to lyrical and slanted and im much more suited to prose and narration. you should try and publish if youve got that kind of encouragement. i just dont know much about poetry or how to judge it but why not try. im surprised to see so many people praise an emulate a poet but not try it themselves.

Every time I write a poem I feel like I'm just "writing it in the style" of a hundred better poets and I give up. I hate when people look at a painting and say "Oh that looks like an O'Keeffe" or "That's just like Breugel." when you had none of those artists in mind. But take your intimate thoughts and the they say "Oh that's like Cummings." and it stings even more. People just want to compare and contrast and look smart with sloppy critique, I'd rather just keep my thoughts to myself than have a hundred dumdums sum up my pain in three seconds with a lazy comparison and move onto the next sparkly thing that dazzles their stupid magpie brains. (The end of The Truman Show comes to mind.)

I'm hungry. I turn into a crabass when I'm hungry. Later losers.

A proper Emily Dickinson "expert" once compared two of my poems to that of Amherst's own after some poetry gala shindig in college. I think I died that day. From joy. Not that I want to write like her, but because Emily's writing is vibrant. I would have to say that was the highlight of my life. All I am now is a lowly housewife with two young sons and a secret desire to pack up a few of my belongings and start a new life in another country. I'll never be reborn as a poet again, but I'll never exist in this lifetime as one either.

Personally, I feel that any poem written after all the Greats that came prior to 1995 (I'm stretching it, too, since I haven't found any modern poets to really steal my heart or "dazzle my magpie brains"), is solely written as a journal entry forthe writer, in verse form. It's all been said and done before.

I'm having a tremendously miserable day.

sorry to hear that. whats wrong, maybe i can help?

as for poetry it probably helps that i read almost no poetry as i hate most of it and dont wanna take the time to wade through it all for mild satisfaction. i write more screenplays and fiction prose as im really good at that.

I'm a little rusty but once I was ace because I sat down and committed it to memory, I can name every beach in order from Big Sir to Carlsbad. :cool: I've walked nearly every one also.

If I send something from my laptop to the printer over the wireless bluetooth connection to be printed, I stand out of the way so the information doesn't get passed through my body. It would be twenty notices to turn off the water for an hour and tickets to concerts, but still I don't want that info scrambled into my intestines.

When I put my specs on I turn into Adrian Mole.

If I send something from my laptop to the printer over the wireless bluetooth connection to be printed, I stand out of the way so the information doesn't get passed through my body. It would be twenty notices to turn off the water for an hour and tickets to concerts, but still I don't want that info scrambled into my intestines.

What?

I love Pyrex bake-ware.

Back
Top Bottom