tell us about the last Film you saw

piranhaconda.jpg

Stumbled on this on the SYFY channel and couldn't resist it. A scientist (Michael Madsen) discovers a mutated reptile (half fish, half snake!) in Hawaii, he steals one of its eggs and lots of people end up getting killed. The acting is predictably crap, screenplay is equally bad, direction - what direction? If you, like me, grew up watching a lot of crappy B-movies like this, well you'll probably enjoy it. I have seen worse films than this.

Next Monday the very same channel is showing Sharknado! Need I say more?

Sharknado_poster.jpg

wow mozmal, wow :eek: almost make me glad to not have easy access to American TV :p
as for me, today was devoted to doing laundry and watching two films that mainly took place in limos :o
Holy_Motors_poster.jpg

very good, very weird, I give it an
A
next was one I watched with possibly too high expectations of to start:
Cosmopolis_Poster.jpg

I love Cronenberg so, however, he seems to have lost a step as he grows old :o
its only the gr8 performances by the great cast* including one by Robert Pattinson who normally makes me sick :sick::eek:
however, I think he is emerging from the whole stupid teen vampire crap
so, still a must see for any Cronenberg lover @ a
B-

*=Paul Giamatti aint on screen long but he is brilliant, so much so I jumped the grade a couple of places

greenberg-2.jpg

Worst. Datenight. Movie. Ever.

This is one of those movies that was supposed to be watched AD, not BC so we could say in person "Ummmm, not quite like that." Lots of sun symbolism hidden in it though.

greenberg-2.jpg

Worst. Datenight. Movie. Ever.

This is one of those movies that was supposed to be watched AD, not BC so we could say in person "Ummmm, not quite like that." Lots of sun symbolism hidden in it though.
with these people* what could go right?

*=he was aws on CYE, since then mostly shit, but I don't blame this on him, any many who continues to "prolific" for a decade after being married to a goddess like Christine Taylor
may not be human :blushing:
true artistic greatness requires PAIN, crossing my fingers than S. Silverman picks up the torch!

with these people* what could go right?

*=he was aws on CYE, since then mostly shit, but I don't blame this on him, any many who continues to "prolific" for a decade after being married to a goddess like Christine Taylor
may not be human :blushing:
true artistic greatness requires PAIN, crossing my fingers than S. Silverman picks up the torch!

The shots and locations were nice, I didn't have a problem with the acting at all, it's just Noah Baumbach movies always get to a point a tad over halfway through where the self-aggrandized talkiness of it gets overbearing and drags on. I have other criticisms not fair to the movie, personal stuff, but overall the movie was okay I suppose. Not good for a "Let's go get 'em!" night of bonding with your pillow. :D

I'll just say this, the first time I held myself together. But the second time she said while driving "Are you going to let me in?" I had to stop the movie and sob. And that was ten minutes into the movie. Ignore the abandonment at the mind baby abortion clinic and drug bender to escape the insanity instilled by the mind baby people, the movie was just a bit of a downer. But that was yesterday. :thumb: Erase and move forward young soldier!

Last edited:
220px-A_Band_Called_Death.jpg

A band called Death.

Coming only a year after the outstanding 'Searching for Sugar Man', this superb documentary chronicles the story of three brothers, also from Detroit, who in the early 70's formed a band called Death. At that time Tamla Motown was all the rage, especially in Detroit, so for 3 black kids to be playing very loud 'punk' music was unheard of. Needless to say, they never became a success. They were offered a large recording contract on the condition that they would change the band's name, they refused and so eventually split up. The film includes the surviving founder members of the band, and everyone else who was there at the time. I won't tell you the conclusion of this great film, just take my word that this is a must-see documentary about hopes and dreams and never giving up on them. Absolutely unmissable.

I had to post my deep approval!

..and the red, red, robin, goes bop bop boppin along.

WHY ARE YOU SINGING THAT SONG?

I do have to say...1974 was pretty amazing fashion wise. :cool: I sort of want to watch it again. It's one of those movies that sticks with you for a few days.

movies-man-of-steel-poster-henry-cavill-inline.jpg

Let's be honest...there's not many amazing superman films. I have a soft spot for all of them, but in reality they aren't amazing. However this film is surprisingly good and I must admit it's due to the large budget and today's technology. But I do think that Russell Crowe does actually a very good job acting here and the new superman actor (I can never remember his name) is actually very good. I actually wouldn't mind a trilogy of this, it just about worked.

tumblr_msqzze6bDQ1qhcdpto2_400.jpg
rubbish, but Edwige Fenech is nice to look at.
tumblr_mssxmgUGjR1qhcdpto5_1280.jpg
All very Gothic with the lovely Barbara Steel.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1827358/

Last night I watched a swedish film called She Monkeys from 2011. It mainly centers on these two girls that are training and competing in the sport of acrobatics and gymnastics on the living horse called Voltige. The film can best be described as some kind of anxiety film where the lesbian love affair between the two girls keeps you interested at the same time as it is very confusing.
I absolutely loved the mood in the film which is very rare in films these days. The main character played by Sweden's very own Chloe Sevigny, Mathilda Paradeiser, turns this film into something very special and she is currently in Chicago filming her first foreign movie as she's been casted for the yet untitled Frankenstein project.

Have you seen "In Bruges"? Robbie by the same writer and Director as Seven Psycopaths, Also stars Colin Farrell. A fantastic film much more entertaining than Seven Psycopaths as good as that is. You'll like it guaranteed.

Have you seen "In Bruges"? Robbie by the same writer and Director as Seven Psycopaths, Also stars Colin Farrell. A fantastic film much more entertaining than Seven Psycopaths as good as that is. You'll like it guaranteed.

Both great films.

I've just finished The Day Of The Jackal for the umpteenth time. About as perfect as a movie gets. Not an ounce of fat on it.

The Day Of The Jackal, an absolute classic. Always amazed that the movie world have never made more of Frederick Forsyths catalogue. So many ripping yarns not many stunning films.

Tags
film movies
Back
Top Bottom