tell us about the last Film you saw

Re: tell us about the last Film you saw.

I send it to people and ask, "Is this funny?" They always respond with, "Is that the face he made when you jumped on the stage and went after him?" I then respond with a face like this :mad:

As to not hijack or whatever it is. The last film I watched was...

783139_DV_L_F.jpg

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0453451/

Now I'm sure you all have rolled your eyes and clicked on a different thread by now. But I liked it. I don't know how cliche Mr. Bean is in the UK but I really liked the film. The scene of him lipsyncing to the opera song is hilarious!

I thought the movie was really funny and has such a happy ending.

The only thing I really was confused about was...why the f was Willlem Dafoe in this movie? :confused:

I watched Planet Terror (Robert Rodriguez) last night.

"After an experimental bio-nerve gas is accidentally released at a remote U.S. military base in Texas, those exposed to the gas turn into flesh-eating, mutating zombies out to kill. An assortment of various people who include stripper Cherry, her shady mechanic ex-boyfriend Wray, a strong-willed doctor, the local sheriff, and an assortment of various people must join forces to survive the night as the so-called "sickos" threaten to take over the whole town and the world."

Pretty (fakey) gory but in an amusing way (campy, over the top) I liked the cast and thought Rose McGowan was great in it - loved the machine gun leg :) Quentin Tarantino has a small part -there is one scene that was just nasty -can't say- but he's a great freak. In real-life too :D It's not gonna win any awards, but I enjoyed it. Nice homage to the zombie-splatter flicks.

I watched 'Candy' on the weekend, (heath ledger, geoffrey rush, abbie cornish) - about the love story of two heroin addicts. I had read the book & had really high hopes for it....and its a good movie....but I think they focussed on the love story rather than the addiction. it didn't really show the desperation and the lows that were in the book. But normally I don't care for Heath Ledger - but he is good in this movie.

Also watched 'The Filth & The Fury' - which I loved....I liked the way it used TV images/adverts etc from the time as it gave a historical context to the time and the UK.

Factotum (2005)
Director:
Bent Hamer
Writers:
Charles Bukowski (novel)
Bent Hamer (written by)

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0417658/

http://www.factotummovie.com/

factotum.jpg

Henry Chinaski: All I want to do is get my check and get drunk.

A film adapted from the novel by Charles Bukowski. Matt Dillion plays the character of Hank Chinaski. Who likes to write & drink (and sometimes work in odd jobs that will help him with the second). Matt Dillion adds to the charisma of the lead character and I always find my self liking him and half the time i don't know why!

Chinaski is quite a selfish and bullish character to the people around him, his alcohol addiction is seen as something he wants and needs as it fuels his writing and his stories. He has relationships with people with the same destructive drinking habits and the one with Jan (played by a very excellent Lili Taylor) could be the most meaningful, but for both of them, it is seen through a whiskey glass.

There are a few moments of very droll humor and the narrative just flows along without the audience knowing when or really knowing how it will end, but may be that is the nature of the source material. That the character just drifts along until the next drink and finding a job.

I was very disappointed with Barry Norman when I read his article about Matt Dillon he was comparing with him Tom Cruise.

Matt Dillon doesn't want a mega stardam.
He prefers to be an actor which gives him more freedom and less responsibility to support the studios and greedy people who only think about money.

He's always very grateful to his loyal fans in the Far East who spotted his talent very early stage in his career. :)

I was very disappointed with Barry Norman when I read his article about Matt Dillon he was comparing with him Tom Cruise.

Matt Dillon doesn't want a mega stardam.
He prefers to be an actor which gives him more freedom and less responsibility to support the studios and greedy people who only think about money.

He's always very grateful to his loyal fans in the Far East who spotted his talent very early stage in his career. :)

I always liked Matt, Rumblefish and The Outsiders are some of my favorite films. He has the charisma that Dean, Brando & Clift had.

i most recent watched Ten Canoes and This is England. two very different movies ..

Beowulf - another Robert Zemeckis motion capture film. Based on the classic tale of a brave warrior that comes to a small village to help kill the evil in their midst. While this is never going to win any awards for acting or direction, the visual effects are what this film is all about. A visual feast for the eyes. Enjoyable, but people with kids should beware of brief sexual dialogue that was surprising for a 12A.

Borat. Not as laugh out loud funny as I was led to believe. And shameful really to use stuff that had already been in the TV sketches

Borat. Not as laugh out loud funny as I was led to believe. And shameful really to use stuff that had already been in the TV sketches

Borat is the funniest film i have ever seen.My ribs hurt for days after I`d watched it.Sacha Baron Cohen has balls.

The last fiim I saw was the Descent on channel 4 the other night. What the hell is the ending all about?I was kind of dozing off at the end but am baffled by it.

Borat is the funniest film i have ever seen.My ribs hurt for days after I`d watched it.Sacha Baron Cohen has balls.

The last fiim I saw was the Descent on channel 4 the other night. What the hell is the ending all about?I was kind of dozing off at the end but am baffled by it.

they all die!

that is a very good horror flick. quite depressing really.

---------------------------------------

28 Weeks Later
(2007)
Director:
Juan Carlos Fresnadillo
Writers:
Rowan Joffe (screenplay) and
Juan Carlos Fresnadillo (screenplay)

www.imdb.com/title/tt0463854/ - 54k

http://www.foxinternational.com/28weekslater/

295082.jpg

More of the same really. I could be cynical and say the good old Americans save the day, well they could of, if they followed orders! That is what i was thinking, stop being so humane, "oh look what's happening now people are being infected", I blame that doctor! The Code Red was needed!

Also a big homage to George Romeo's Dawn of the Dead & recently Land of the Dead (people live on an island with all the trappings of a modern society, then get attacked by the zombies). It had downbeat feel and the same usage of helicopter blades (but with a more extreme measure of dismemberment!).

Is the rage virus a metaphor for AIds and HIV? As it passed through bodily fluids and was transfered via primates to humans and was man made; wait a minute, hold on, isn't that a conspiracy theory? Horror films do play on the fears of the modern world through themes of disease and technology.

Pretty run of the mill stuff, a group of survives outrun the monsters. Robert Carlyle seems to play a more violent, less talkative Begbie. More gory and violent then the 1st film. The scenes of a deserted London are more effective in 28 days later, in this one, Canary Wharf just looks like a commercial. Doyle played by Jeremy Renner is a very bland character.

I saw No Country For Old Men last night, and it was f***ing intense! And it was so, so good. I will never look at a O2 tank the same way again, ever.

I saw No Country For Old Men last night, and it was f***ing intense! And it was so, so good. I will never look at a O2 tank the same way again, ever.

In UK this film will be released in January, it's so unfair!! :(

It will get some Oscar nominations.

I totally want to see this movie in the theater. It looks great -and Javier Bardem seems to do evil very well. and now you gots me curious about the O2 tank scene. Do I hear a 'quality kill' scene? :p

Tags
film movies
Back
Top Bottom