Morrissey Central "THANK YOU FOR THE DAYS" (December 29, 2021)

unnamed-7_iw0p9p.jpg

unnamed-6_nppjz5.jpg
0-1_u3ofio.jpg
unnamed-8_cpqdyq.jpg
unnamed-2_fx27g7.jpg
unnamed-4_wvdy0d.jpg
unnamed-9_v9wpil.jpg
unnamed-3_phpxps.jpg

rebels without applause …

photographs by Tina Dehghani

Regards,
FWD.

being a ‘pariah’ and older doesn’t seem to have really stood in the way of his happiness. He stands his ground, throws his head back and laughs, moving forward, forever forward.

SAM:
A lot of Facebook nonentities obsessively criticize you, as if they almost have a crush on you but can't get your attention. Is this hurtful?

M:
I'm a stern believer in free speech, but in my case I actually mean free speech for everyone - not just for those who agree with me. So, people must say what they feel, and when it gets ugly or insulting it reflects badly on them - not on me. It's usually best to leave your critics alone with their own words clanking through their brains. If you rush into a defensive reply you dignify their position. Actually, I don't even care…
Not sure how this is supposed to illustrate his happiness, but I applaud his stance. He is spot on. I don’t however believe that he is very happy nowadays. I don’t know him and base this purely on his statements and posts, and they yearn for people and times that are long gone, and scorn the world and the times he is living in now. Not something a very happy person would do. I do wish I am wrong, though. I want him to be happy and be loved, and to know that he is loved.

He obviously doesn’t. I just feel that people get the wrong picture of him when he complains about not being signed, radio airplay, etc., when in reality he doesn’t really care, or only cares enough to continue on his own terms. Fair enough, that’s his choice.

good to hear.

I agree with you, music is just one part of his life and that's his job, just like we all have a job. Peter Hook made me laugh one night when he said Corona Virus has made me unemployed for the first time in my life. I pointed out that he makes over a million quid per year off Blue Monday alone without having to do anything. Morrissey is no doubt in a similar situation and like Peter probably has loads of other things going on to keep him in a good frame of mind!

Looks like a fake cigarette to me
He'll try anything (twice). I bet Moz has done and enjoyed way more of life's pleasures than anyone knows. And fair dues to him if he has. I'm not averse to the odd ciggie on a night out. You only live twice.

You only live twice or so it seems
One life for yourself and one for your dreams
You drift through the years and life seems tame
Till one dream appears and love is it's name

And love is a stranger who'll beckon you on
Don't think of the danger or the stranger is gone

This dream is for you, so pay the price
Make one dream come true, you only live twice

And love is a stranger who'll beckon you on
Don't think of the danger or the stranger is gone

This dream is for you, so pay the price
Make one dream come true, you only live twice

I agree with you, music is just one part of his life and that's his job, just like we all have a job. Peter Hook made me laugh one night when he said Corona Virus has made me unemployed for the first time in my life. I pointed out that he makes over a million quid per year off Blue Monday alone without having to do anything. Morrissey is no doubt in a similar situation and like Peter probably has loads of other things going on to keep him in a good frame of mind!
I knew you know Hooky but not to the extent of chatting with him. That's brilliant. I have a ticket for Limerick in Nov 2022. I hope it goes ahead. Can't beat a Peter Hook concert. What an absolute living legend. I'm glad to hear he is doing well from a £ perspective. Only fitting.

Blimey, this night out in Bradford (Bradford???) seems to have ruffled a few feathers. Is that the night Moz turned down Peter's sweaty advances? (We all know that something dramatic must have happened to cause his obsessive/nutjob behaviour).

Janice, are you in a position to spill the beans for the benefit unaware?

Happy New Year!
Skinny’s final appearance at an M concert
Holding court whilst pushing himself as the super/celeb fan. I think it came down to a toss off between him and Felton as who was Top Dog/ ITK fan, and neither won. 😏

Legend has it he was too fearful to attend the Vicar St concert the following month.
He did however decide to ‘do a T-shirt’ instead 🤒🙄

Nice to see Morrissey looking happy in those pictures and cool to get a glimpse of him enjoying a "normal" life.

I don't think too much can be gleaned from some still photos, though. I'm sure that Morrissey had some big doubts about himself and his career between 1997 and 2004, and not having a record contract for so long at such a relatively young age must have affected him.
Agreed. He doesn't need a record contract to be happy... and conversely having a record contract does not seem to bring happiness. It often seems to bring frustration as he's never getting the support, chart positions, or airplay he wants.

To clarify my earlier comment... I think overall he just seemed healthier and happier in the 90s - whether it's these pics or ones from 91/92 on the Kill Uncle and Your Arsenal tours. But again... how much can we draw from still pictures?

And why is Alain Whyte a rebel without applause too? He is loved and respected by ALLL Morrissey fans.

Not half as obsessed as you posting selfies of yourself or of you thinking your opinion on anything & everything is of the upmost importance.

PS
You didn’t exactly cover yourself in glory at Bradford either.
Says solo's biggest grandstander. :lbf:

There's 2 different Asian women in the pics and Tina. YOU ABSOLUTE RACIST!!!

'Oriental' is considered a pejorative term. See here, for example:

What do you expect from someone who refers to humans as "brown people" regardless of their cultural or ethnic backgrounds?

Not sure how this is supposed to illustrate his happiness,

Well, a kind of happiness that he took the initiative to experience. It seems it’s what he wanted at the time, and so, pursued it.

but I applaud his stance. He is spot on. I don’t however believe that he is very happy nowadays.

There’s all kinds of happiness, he’ll find a way.

I feel that this below statement could apply to other things as well ...

SAM:
What do you think of the state of American politics?

M:
I couldn't care less now. I'd rather jump naked into a swimming pool at midnight. The world will spin however it spins. My time on earth is now very limited and although I don't as yet know how, I'm going to try to enjoy it.

I don’t know him and base this purely on his statements and posts, and they yearn for people and times that are long gone, and scorn the world and the times he is living in now.

Yes, well people become attached to the past and there are problems to that way of thinking. But overall, most at his age would probably agree with him.

Not something a very happy person would do.

It’s tricky. We would need to define ‘happiness’ first.
I found that it changes. An experience of happiness that I experience now may not have been ‘good enough’ when I was younger. With age we adjust.

I do wish I am wrong, though. I want him to be happy and be loved, and to know that he is loved.

yes, of course. And we should wish that for everyone.

Last edited:

I agree, to an extent. Though, I don’t think Morrissey would look at what he does as a job.

Not sure how this is supposed to illustrate his happiness, but I applaud his stance. He is spot on. I don’t however believe that he is very happy nowadays. I don’t know him and base this purely on his statements and posts, and they yearn for people and times that are long gone, and scorn the world and the times he is living in now. Not something a very happy person would do. I do wish I am wrong, though. I want him to be happy and be loved, and to know that he is loved.
I agree. Nothing wrong with a bit of nostalgia, of course, but people who are happy in the present aren't repeatedly posting photos from 20+ years ago, or their family Christmases in the 70s, etc. "I Live In Oblivion."

I agree. Nothing wrong with a bit of nostalgia, of course, but people who are happy in the present aren't repeatedly posting photos from 20+ years ago, or their family Christmases in the 70s, etc. "I Live In Oblivion."

Yes he does identify with the past, all of it imaginary.

But isn’t that what all the past and future is? imaginary? And how many people actually live in the present? we’ll find, not many.

Moz 1999-2001: (possibly) as heterosexual as it gets. Fascinating!
I'm not sure that hanging out with drag queens and an extremely masculine presenting female is all that 'hetero'? Regardless - nice to see him having some fun!

Looks like a fake cigarette to me
I dunno. I can well imagine there must have been a period when Moz experimented with a few ciggies. I remember many years back people were shocked and disbelieving that he was knocking back the booze etc, until evidence appeared to the contrary.

Ehmmmmmmm!!Those Chinese girls touch the untouchable... That haircut is the best Moz had!! Half peeled I love!!! Those women are too absorbing.... I'm subtle

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom