Morrissey Central "THANK YOU ONCE AGAIN TO NEWCASTLE HMV !" (March 2, 2020)

Morrissey Central: "THANK YOU ONCE AGAIN TO NEWCASTLE HMV !"

0-1_fht92u.jpg

Source:

Regards,
FWD.

Related item:

Poor Morrissey. His Las Vegas bet has not paid off.
It's no surprise really, is it? Ronald and Pam from Badiddlyboing, Odawidaho on holiday in Las Vegas are going to want to see something nice like Shania Twain or Barry Manilow, not an angry Northerner singing about spreading his legs and shaven caves. And the "$9.95 all you can eat buffet" crowd aren't even going to know who he is.

What the f*** is a 'Melvis felcher'?
Your use of language is a tad bizarre. Suggests all sorts of f***ed up repressed issues that you haven't dealt with.
This is a Morrissey fan site. You may find people who like Morrissey posting on it.
Get some psychological help if that troubles you.
I blame your parents.
.... BUT Morrissey doesn't want you, a fan, looking at let, alone posting on this site. The question is: as a Morrissey fan, why are you here?

You'll need to huddle together for warmth at Leeds.

If that's what Johnny Marr has to brag about these days, it's not much better than being caught singing over Gustavo Manzur's synth-disco offerings. The list of awful songs that have made it to "no. 1 in the UK" is a very long one, and this song is on that list. Bond themes have historically always been hideous.

So it's 2020, and Johnny Marr is reduced to playing on the Bond theme of an electro-pop teenybopper, and Morrissey has "Love Is On Its Way Out," which sounds like it was co-written with an electro-pop teenybopper. Dios mío, los Smiths.
Historically Bond theme’s have been great. However, Skyfall aside, you’d have to go back to 1995 for the last great one—and that was a pastiche. So, yes, they are becoming a laughingstock. The dire decision making is best represented by the dropping of Scott Walker’s ‘Only Myself to Blame’, from The World is not Enough (it remains on the movie soundtrack CD).

‘No Time to Die’ is cobblers: anyone critical of Morrissey’s lyrics needs to be acquainted with these catchy lines from the song, to regain some perspective...

We were a pair
But I saw you there
Too much to bear

Eilish and Marr are indeed a right pair, for inflicting this upon us.

Last edited by a moderator:
Poor Morrissey. His Las Vegas bet has not paid off. Loads of tickets left for all dates and the same goes for his two NY dates. Things really are sliding. Ouch!

Same as with Leeds, top tier not available for any night either?

Good lord, this is the funniest wee story - Moz swans around oblivious while everyone, but the photographer, a beggar & his 'assistant', is oblivious to him. On brand.

Historically Bond theme’s have been great. However, Skyfall aside, you’d have to go back to 1995 for the last great one—and that was a pastiche. So, yes, they are becoming a laughingstock. The dire decision making is best represented by the dropping of Scott Walker’s ‘Only Myself to Blame’, from The World is not Enough (it remains on the movie soundtrack CD).

‘No Time to Die’ is cobblers: anyone critical of Morrissey’s lyrics needs to be acquainted with these catchy lines from the song, to regain some perspective...

We were a pair
But I saw you there
Too much to bear

Eilish and Marr are indeed a right pair, for inflicting this upon us.

yeah - it's dire. But at least we don't have to look at Sam Smith & it isn't Adele rhyming SKYFALL with CRUMBALL.

Historically Bond theme’s have been great. However, Skyfall aside, you’d have to go back to 1995 for the last great one—and that was a pastiche. So, yes, they are becoming a laughingstock. The dire decision making is best represented by the dropping of Scott Walker’s ‘Only Myself to Blame’, from The World is not Enough (it remains on the movie soundtrack CD). ‘No Time to Die’ is cobblers.

I don't know. I've never heard a good one. Paul McCartney managed to write a lot of crappy songs over his long career, and "Live and Let Die" is possibly one of the worst among them. Bond themes are always so cheesy. But maybe that's the point. The whole film franchise is absurd.

Good lord, this is the funniest wee story - Moz swans around oblivious while everyone, but the photographer, a beggar & his 'assistant', is oblivious to him. On brand.

Contra the story, the bloke in the beanie definitely looks like he’s having a moment of recognition.

Contra the story, the bloke in the beanie definitely looks like he’s having a moment of recognition.

And Moz is not smiling, he looks like he's about to die of social embarrassment. But, you've got to fill space with something.

It's gone for mildly satirical. But, that's not too bad.

I don't know. I've never heard a good one. Paul McCartney managed to write a lot of crappy songs over his long career, and "Live and Let Die" is possibly one of the worst among them. Bond themes are always so cheesy. But maybe that's the point. The whole film franchise is absurd.
‘Live and Let Die’ is one of the best; I’d say it was and influence behind Bohemian Rhapsody, with its quick changes of mood and pace. And the series isn’t absurd; Moonraker is actually based on fact.

I love the Bond films - the cycle used to be every two years until recently when there were a few hiccups. Always a good theme tune...cheesy in some cases I admit but they always seem to fit the films well & are dramatic. View To A Kill (Duran Duran)?

For 'climate of opinion' watchers: The Guardian is in meltdown over Suzanne Moore writing a 'transphobic'** article.

I wonder if it regrets pinning its sales to IdPol clicks?

There's only so many people you can call a terf or a Nazi for views most people would agree with if they could hear them above the screeching...

**It isn't.

Last edited by a moderator:
For 'climate of opinion' watchers: The Guardian is in meltdown over Suzanne Moore writing a 'transphobic' article.

I wonder if it regrets pinning its sales to IdPol clicks?

There's only so many people you can call a terf or a Nazi for views most people would agree with if they could hear them above the screeching...

.... if only you'd stop screeching!

And Moz is not smiling, he looks like he's about to die of social embarrassment. But, you've got to fill space with something.

It's gone for mildly satirical. But, that's not too bad.
How horrible for him having to pass, and possibly look at, a homeless person what a tragic, social embarrassment. Poor Morrissey.

Oh really? Which 'fact' is it based on, please?

facts wot he just wrote, innit?

Don't you question Mozmar. He thinks he knows stuff - mainly making up stuff like the time he told me was chatting (casually) to Ian Fleming and Fleming, the card told him that Octopussy was actually about an orgy he had with 8 women. Honest. It's true. Fact!

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom