Morrissey Central "THANK YOU ONCE AGAIN TO NEWCASTLE HMV !" (March 2, 2020)

Morrissey Central: "THANK YOU ONCE AGAIN TO NEWCASTLE HMV !"

0-1_fht92u.jpg

Source:

Regards,
FWD.

Related item:

I love the Bond films - the cycle used to be every two years until recently when there were a few hiccups. Always a good theme tune...cheesy in some cases I admit but they always seem to fit the films well & are dramatic. View To A Kill (Duran Duran)?
I love the drums on that track. Great lyrics too...

“Earth's crystal tears, the fall of snowflakes on your body
First time in years to drench your skin in lover's rosy stain
A chance to find the phoenix for the flame”

I love the drums on that track. Great lyrics too...

“Earth's crystal tears, the fall of snowflakes on your body
First time in years to drench your skin in lover's rosy stain
A chance to find the phoenix for the flame”

Top 24 rankings here, although I don't necessarily agree with it, but someone has taken the trouble to put them all together in one place:
24 Bond theme rankings

Shirley Bassey still one of my favourites actually (GF & DAF)

Queue of the cancelled update: possibly Eddie Izzard for wanting to stand as a Blairite Unionist Labour Candidate. Or maybe it's his detractors that are cancelled because he rocks a beret. So hard to tell.

It all helps Moz in a meandering way.

Queue of the cancelled update: possibly Eddie Izzard for wanting to stand as a Blairite Unionist Labour Candidate. Or maybe it's his detractors that are cancelled because he rocks a beret. So hard to tell.

It all helps Moz in a meandering way.
I’ve voted Nandy. What do you think about the candidates for deputy?

Lots of lovely references to Morrissey in Tastes of Honey, The Making of Shelagh Delaney and a cultural revolution by Selina Todd.

She's Professor of Modern History at Oxford &, because we live in a hellscape, she has been 'cancelled' for transphobia for suggesting that biological sex might be a thing that objectively exists.

Moz & Anne Marie should head back to the left - because we're all going to be cancelled eventually. Why suffer the notoriety? Rejoin us as we fret on the margins.

(can't upload a picture for some reason - always says the file is too large)

Or you could wise up and join the dissident right :thumb:

I’ve voted Nandy. What do you think about the candidates for deputy?

Richard is getting all the publicity because he's comedy gold. Angela's the popular one & she's good. Rosena is lovely, but very loopy. Ian is centre right-ish & could lose his seat. Dawn is unlikely to live down the 'babies aren't born with a sex' comment, but she's usually quite polished.

I think I'll vote for Angela. She'll work well with whoever wins.

I voted Nandy too.

Never! Although I'm now friends with more Tories & Libertarians than I ever thought possible. We're all united in wondering wtf. ?

Like many others.

Btw - Do you know anything about Labour MP Jim McMahon, MP for Oldham West? The dodgy stuff I've read about his dealings is almost Godfather like. Seriously.

Richard is getting all the publicity because he's comedy gold. Angela's the popular one & she's good. Rosena is lovely, but very loopy. Ian is centre right-ish & could lose his seat. Dawn is unlikely to live down the 'babies aren't born with a sex' comment, but she's usually quite polished.

I voted Nandy too.
‘lovely, but very loopy’: sold!

Rosena it is.

Like many others.

Btw - Do you know anything about Labour MP Jim McMahon, MP for Oldham West? The dodgy stuff I've read about his dealings is almost Godfather like. Seriously.

Not a huge amount. But, we make The Godfather look tame, so I can imagine it'll be true-ish.

For 'climate of opinion' watchers: The Guardian is in meltdown over Suzanne Moore writing a 'transphobic'** article.

I wonder if it regrets pinning its sales to IdPol clicks?

There's only so many people you can call a terf or a Nazi for views most people would agree with if they could hear them above the screeching...

**It isn't.

It's an excellent article. And unfortunately appears like a lone voice that will be shouted down. The trans madness is probably the most obvious example - because it's the most absurd - of how debate is being shut down. Letting psychiatrists give kids hormone disruptors is state child abuse, plain and simple. Sheer human evil. No other word for it.

For 'climate of opinion' watchers: The Guardian is in meltdown over Suzanne Moore writing a 'transphobic'** article.

I wonder if it regrets pinning its sales to IdPol clicks?

There's only so many people you can call a terf or a Nazi for views most people would agree with if they could hear them above the screeching...

**It isn't.

Exactly. Suzanne Moore is, on most days, a piss poor columnist who just dials it in - but her trans article was well argued and crystal clear in trying to explain why some people (maybe, even a *lot* of people) have real problems with the demands of the trans community.

It's an excellent article. And unfortunately appears like a lone voice that will be shouted down. The trans madness is probably the most obvious example - because it's the most absurd - of how debate is being shut down. Letting psychiatrists give kids hormone disruptors is state child abuse, plain and simple. Sheer human evil. No other word for it.

Yeah. It's insane, but it was deeply embedded & well funded before anyone realised that it wasn't just helping a few people with gender dysphoria, it was an ideology that would make us all have to pretend that biological sex both doesn't exist and requires medical intervention to align it with an inner sense of gender that is both fixed and fluid.

It's too late now, all the negative consequences will have to play out & then no one will believe we ever let it get so extreme.

Exactly. Suzanne Moore is, on most days, a piss poor columnist who just dials it in - but her trans article was well argued and crystal clear in trying to explain why some people (maybe, even a *lot* of people) have real problems with the demands of the trans community.

It's beyond crazy. There are secret feminist networks building up all over the country & the security measures are like something you'd take if you were hiding from a totalitarian state.

I voted Nandy too.
Randy Nandy...Mmmmmmm!!!

I voted Nandy too.

Talking of publicity & comments:

Here's a question for you. Guess who, in 2006, said this?:

"Morrissey's ability to create a mystical relationship between himself and his audience, coupled with the fact that he really speaks his mind, is what makes a him a real icon.

"I think he really embodies Britishness and this is reflected in the impact he makes on peoples' day-to-day lives."

All admirable qualities for sure, & which Moz has stayed true to. I think Moz is still the same person, but the person quoted above has had a change of heart, apparently. So, guess who is being quoted.

Talking of publicity & comments:

Here's a question for you. Guess who, in 2006, said this?:

"Morrissey's ability to create a mystical relationship between himself and his audience, coupled with the fact that he really speaks his mind, is what makes a him a real icon.

"I think he really embodies Britishness and this is reflected in the impact he makes on peoples' day-to-day lives."

All admirable qualities for sure, & which Moz has stayed true to. I think Moz is still the same person, but the person quoted above has had a change of heart, apparently. So, guess who is being quoted.

I don't know! Quantick?

I agree Moz is the same person - a recklessly brave one who will come out of our hellscape era with integrity intact while we all have to ask why we let serious problems fester.

I don't know! Quantick?

I agree Moz is the same person - a recklessly brave one who will come out of our hellscape era with integrity intact while we all have to ask why we let serious problems fester.

No, not Quantick...but you'll love it even more...
Are you sat down?? You couldn't make it up really.
The sheer hypocrisy of this creature becomes totally clear, & has the brass neck to call Morrissey.
So to add context this was written, quoted whatever in 2006, way after Bengali in platforms, You're the one for me Fatty, National Front Disco, et al:

Check it out - utter hypocrisy right there

No, not Quantick...but you'll love it even more...
Are you sat down?? You couldn't make it up really.
The sheer hypocrisy of this creature becomes totally clear, & has the brass neck to call Morrissey.
So to add context this was written, quoted whatever in 2006, way after Bengali in platforms, You're the one for me Fatty, National Front Disco, et al:

Check it out - utter hypocrisy right there

Christ...2-faced f***er. Can't believe that one.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom