That Song You Can Listen To a Million Times Over

Sir Alec

Anorak
For me it is...

Pulp- The Fear (Complete & Utter Breakdown Version)

or

Morrissey- Lost

I guess it's not all about the song but also the memories that the song evokes. For me it's probably Sara by Bob Dylan. I can't bear listening to songs that ask for too much of emotional engagement. Well, not for a million times.

I have spent more than a few drunken nights w/ Seasick, Yet Still Docked and Bob Dylan's Standing in the Doorway on repeat. :(

like dylan in the movies: belle & sebastain
it's raining today:scott walker.
tin soldier: small faces.

sorry that's 3, i'm very greedy

Wichita Lineman- Glen Campbell

I'm OCD so I have many.....I really get off on listening to songs I like over and over again. ;)

Recently:
Bauhaus - Bela Logousi's Dead
Smiths - Bigmouth Strikes Again
Cure - A Forest, Fascination Street
Sisters of Mercy - Dominion
Pixies - Where is my mind?
The Replacements - ALex Chilton
J. Division - Dead Souls

This past weekend I took out my Lords Of Acid CDs and I played "Acid Queen" "Rough Sex" and "The Power Is Mine" for hours on repeat while I worked-out compulsively and did other various tasks......Not a million times, but a good 50-100x each easily.

the futureheads - area or skip to the end
hot club de paris - sometimesitsbetternottostickbitsofeachotherineachotherforeachother
morrissey - jack the ripper

Stone Roses - Waterfall

Tremendous intro.

The songs I listen to most obsessively are Morrissey or Smiths songs, a fact which does much to explain my presence here. The songs change depending upon my subconscious need (or whatever). I try not to analyze it.

I've lately developed a new OCD behavior, which is that if one of my particular obsesso songs is inerrupted for any reason, I have to start at the very beginning again. :confused:

Other songs:

Lou Reed: Perfect Day
Momus: Platinum
Led Zeppelin: Kashmir :eek:
Massive Attack: Karmacoma
Beastie Boys: Sure Shot

Manic Street Preachers 'Motercycle Emptiness'
Morrissey 'Alma Matters', 'Dagenham Dave', or 'You're the One for me, Fatty'
Depeche Mode 'Everything Counts'

The songs I listen to most obsessively are Morrissey or Smiths songs, a fact which does much to explain my presence here. The songs change depending upon my subconscious need (or whatever). I try not to analyze it.

I've lately developed a new OCD behavior, which is that if one of my particular obsesso songs is inerrupted for any reason, I have to start at the very beginning again. :confused:

Other songs:

Lou Reed: Perfect Day
Momus: Platinum
Led Zeppelin: Kashmir :eek:
Massive Attack: Karmacoma

Order the OCD handbook from amazon. It's very helpful in dealing with this sort of behaviour.

Recently:

Scissor Sisters - I Don't Feel Like Dancin'
The Cure - Why Can't I Be You
The Housemartins - There Is Always Something There To Remind Me (God the lead singer's voice is beautiful)

Oh yeah, my biggest song obsession lately has been Safe, a b-side from David Bowie's Heathen album. Actually, it was originally called Sky Life and it was the song that reunited Bowie and Visconti. It's incredible. The best song to result from the pair's renewed interest in collaborating, IMO. Not bad for a Rugrats Movie OST reject.

CD-quality MP3 available here, if you're interested.

:D which leads me to confess my obsession with their song "Girls".

and lately:

Joy Division - Digital
James - Sit Down
Primus - Jerry Was a Race Car Driver
Magazine - Sweetheart Contract
Afrika Bambaataa & Soul Sonic Force - Looking For The Perfect Beat
Afrika Bambaataa & Soul Sonic Force - Planet Rock

At the moment:

Waterloo Sunset (Kinks)
Yesterday When I was Young (Aznavour version)
The Look of Love (Dusty)
Fairest of the Season (Nico)
The Man Comes Around (Johnny Cash)

Oh my a very good question,
initially these spring to mind:)

Pulp - Something Changed/Seconds
Buffalo Springfield - Expecting To Fly
Nick Drake - Northern Sky
The Wedding Present - My Favourite Dress
The Field Mice - Sensitive
Heavenly - Our Love Is Heavenly
The Go Betweens - Quiet Heart
The Doves - Cedar Room
Stereolab - French Disko
Tindersticks - Marbles

For now anyway (minus the obvious) -x-

You sick, sick F*CK!! ;)

At least you don't have to wash your hands 3x before restarting the song, there might be hope for you. I'm affraid I've reached levels of the disease that not even the strongest medication would be able to cure me....it's a good thing though, because my place looks like a showroom all the time.....spotless!

ANyway, forgot to mention Nirvana's "Come As you Are" .....totally addicting.

Back
Top Bottom