The 50 Gloomiest Songs Of All Time - RadioX

The 50 Gloomiest Songs Of All Time
Sometimes you just have to wallow. Here are some of the most downbeat tunes ever recorded.

The Smiths are listed 3 times.

the-smiths---the-queen-is-dead-1371662216-view-0.jpg

3. The Smiths - I Know It's Over
"Oh mother, I can feel the soil falling over my head," wails Morrissey in this moving track from the classic Queen Is Dead album.

xfms-50-saddest-sings-of-all-time-30-1372022656-view-0.jpg

10. The Smiths - Last Night I Dreamt That Somebody Loved Me
Another marvellously gloomy Morrissey rumination on relationships, or the lack of.

the-smiths---the-smiths--1371955166-view-0.jpg

39. The Smiths - Suffer Little Children
How would you finish your first album? Why, with a song about dead children, of course. Morrissey rages against Moors Murderer Myra Hindley by adopting the persona of her young victims: "This is no easy ride, we'll haunt you til you die."

https://www.radiox.co.uk/features/x-lists/50-saddest-songs-all-time

3 fine songs, skillfully crafted by Marr, Rourke and Joyce. The lyricist isn’t half-bad either.

50 gloomiest/saddest songs of all time? really?

What a shit list. They need to pull from a wider record collection.

How ‘bout Nico.. or this ...

50 gloomiest/saddest songs of all time? really?

What a shit list. They need to pull from a wider record collection.

How ‘bout Nico.. or this ...

The list is terrible... Blue Monday is the second saddest song ever written??? Are they joking???

There is a live version of this from 1984 (at Ronnie Scotts) which I've always found profoundly painful to watch.

Nina is older and is making the rounds of the European supper clubs singing for her... supper.

Ronald Reagan and Margaret Thatcher are in power. The anguish is palpable in her VOICE. Really broke my heart.

Nina Simone. Presente!

I don’t like that list. I like some lists but - that list is off-base. Sure, those are gloomy songs but, hardly the gloomiest. I’m going to out-do the gloom listed there by posting my own list of songs that I find gloomier.

That’s what makes me happy. ...but it has to be NEXT LEVEL gloom.

...f***ing gloomy-ass LOSERS.

Grow the f*** up.

Dontcha by Pussycat Dolls is the saddest song ever written.
Now you’re talking “sad bullshit” as opposed to “gloom. Add “My Humps” and we’re on the same page.

...but Morrissey has decades of seriously sad bullshit in the running, if you want really want to change the dynamic of the conversation.

The list is terrible... Blue Monday is the second saddest song ever written??? Are they joking???
It’s not?

What’s your number one, li’l shooter?

Mine’s Morrissey’s theme song. . ...the one that had the most Polish chart potential, if it hadn’t been cut from the album...

“Goin’ to the Garden to Eat Worms”.

It’s a real shame they ditched the track. The band f***ing NAILED it!

It’s not?

What’s your number one, li’l shooter?

Mine’s Morrissey’s theme song. . ...the one that had the most Polish chart potential, if it hadn’t been cut from the album...

“Goin’ to the Garden to Eat Worms”.

It’s a real shame they ditched the track. The band f***ing NAILED it!
Go back to you 10CC albums..... All by myseeeyelf..... Doh wanna beee....

Good list!

Men..... how is it possible to exclude Lou Reed on the list. All songs on the Berlin album are paler than any on the list.

And how could Heroin from Velvet underground not be included.

Have not even bothered to look at this list. They always get it wrong anyway. I always feel disappointment or anger reading such nonsense. Then I remember that someone else's stupid list doesn't matter to me at all...

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom