the all things Basketball thread

Oh my god. it's Robby!

spontaneously luminescent
basketball-lakers-scroll4.jpg

now that the Superbowl is over its time to concentrate on basketball
1st off, in the NBA
my Lakers remain as mighty as ever, but we just lost our p-and-coming center Andrew Bynum for 2 to 3 months :tears:
still, he should be back for the playoffs when the Lakers really shine :guitar:
then there is
ucla-09-lg.jpg

college basketball, as UCLA alum, nothing in sports matter more to me than it :)
and while my Bruins got off to a rocky start to the Pac-10 season :(
things seem to be going more smoothly now, which bodes well for the madness in March
which hopefully will result in another glorious NCAA championship for us
however, whether i will be able to watch it while i am in New Zealand is something i dont know :confused:

ps: i do not think there are many moz fans that also lubs the basketball :doh:

I too am a Laker fan. I think Pau Gasol is the perfect man for me. I wish he would hurry up and marry me. Maybe I should start a Pau frink thread for everyone! :)

Basketball for beginners.

*1st team goes down the other end and puts ball in basket.
other team goes back to opposite end and puts ball in basket
1st team goes back down other end and puts ball in basket
other team goes back to opposite end and puts ball in basket*

repeat for duration of game.......:rolleyes:

resources needed for game: two baskets, a ball and lots of players over 6 foot 5 inches tall:p

Jukebox Jury

Ha! My beloved Michigan beat UCLA in the Coaches v. Cancer Classic (cancer won) earlier this year. Our success was nice, while it lasted. :(

If anyone is interested, I do play-by-play for Univ. of Toledo men's and women's games for the university station. Ya know, if the three or so basketball fans on here find that they cannot get enough and have to resort to listening to a uni student calling women's games from across the country. :D

Hi Denise ! I'm excited that I get to see you soon.

Good to see other Los Angeles Lakers supporters on the site.

So did anyone watch the performance put on by our boy Kobe earlier? He broke the record at Madison Square Garden by dropping 61 on the New York Knickerbockers. Whats more amazing is that he's been playing with a torn ligament on his left hand, and he dislocated a finger on his shooting hand.

He's on the the top athletes in the world for any sport, and tonight he proved why. :cool:

So did anyone watch the performance put on by our boy Kobe earlier? He broke the record at Madison Square Garden by dropping 61 on the New York Knickerbockers. Whats more amazing is that he's been playing with a torn ligament on his left hand, and he dislocated a finger on his shooting hand.

He's on the the top athletes in the world for any sport, and tonight he proved why. :cool:

Kobe was very amazing that night. Though I'm not the biggest Lakers-supporter I Hope they gonna win the championship instead of Boston this year.

Kobe was very amazing that night. Though I'm not the biggest Lakers-supporter I Hope they gonna win the championship instead of Boston this year.

i hope the hated Celtics do not even make it to the finals, the ghosts of so many losses to the Celtic teams in the past seem to scare this team of Lakers :(
hopefully Cleveland will be the Lakers foe in finals, id like to see Kobe school LeBron some :D

Back
Top Bottom