The Billy Duffy collection at auction (Moz items - letter, postcard)

https://bid.omegaauctions.co.uk/m/view-auctions/catalog/id/54

GROWING UP IN THE MANCHESTER MUSIC SCENE - MORRISSEY - Omega Auctions
Description:
A postcard sent from a young Steven Morrissey to his good friend Billy Duffy, likely circa 1978, detailing his time visiting his sister in Denver, Colorado. The postcard depicts a typically acerbic take on life 'The kids in Colorado have not a thought beyond running for presidency' and also more than a hint at his status as the great outsider 'I fear i shall never be in the best society'. The postcard is date stamped, though illegible. Folded to centre, otherwise excellent condition.

GROWING UP IN THE MANCHESTER MUSIC SCENE - MORRISSEY/NEW YORK DOLLS - Omega Auctions
Description:
Letter sent from a young Steven Morrissey to his good friend Billy Duffy, likely circa 1978, in response to a message from Billy about joining a band. The letter is hand typed on New York Dolls headed notepaper (Morrissey ran their UK Fan Club) signed by Steven Morrissey. Multiple folds, otherwise excellent condition. Envelope handwritten to Billy from Morrissey sent from America date stamped 1978, reverse has handwritten 'Studio Sweethearts' song list circa 1979.

BILLY'S GUITAR FROM 'ENGLAND IS MINE' - Omega Auctions
Description:
A Gordon Smith Deluxe Sunburst guitar with Gordon Smith soft shell case. The guitar was used by Adam Lawrence who played Billy Duffy in the 2007 Morrissey biopic 'England is Mine' and it can be seen being played in numerous shots throughout the film.

Last edited by a moderator:
There was a time when i found myself in a situation (15 years) where i had plenty of money to spend on treasures which 1. i wanted 2. i thought were a good investment. I bought obsessionally and it was fun (especially outbidding people on Ebay at the end of the auction). I lived in Germany in a big house at the time. When the job folded i had to return to UK with all this stuff which took up alot of room which i felt i lumbered with (and constantly worried about it getting stolen). I managed to offload it at Omega auctions and made a few bob as well. I,m glad i no longer have it and dont regret getting rid of it. It served a purpose in having fun getting it and owning it, i didn't make a great deal which i probably would have if i d held onto it for a few more years but i feel i can more easily do what i want without it.

“ I feel I am being lead astray down the paths of virtue.”

:lbf:

“ Weather is here, wish you were beautiful. “

Last edited:
2007 biopic,england is mine,wasnt that long ago.

Really odd to see Billy knocking around Alderley Edge, his girlfriend has joined the Real Housewives Of Cheshire TV programme so can only assume that's the reason?

Yes number 9 your absolutely definitely right... 2015..2016 maybe.. To all the fools and degenerative people out there. LEAVE HIM ALONE HE WAS ONLY SINGING... GOD BLESS MORRISSEY.. TRUE HERO BUT ONLY FOR THOSE THAT KNOW..

Great letter/postcard - can't imagine why Billy would want to sell this stuff though, it's his history. He's even selling his gold records, guitars, setlists, clothes.

Last edited:
Yes no 9....it was 2017 to be precise.. TO ALL THE IDIOT DEGENERATIVE TROLL IMBECILE POPULATION... MORRISSEY STANDS ALONE.. AS HE AS ALWAYS DONE. SUPPORT HIM.. cheers gord 9..

Great letter/postcard
Are we certain they're real, Amy? Compare the handwriting on the postcard with the postcards we know he wrote or the Mackie letters. Duffy's is much neater. The a's and t's are different. The language and tone sounds like teen Moz, but the writing is completely different.

Great letter/postcard - can't imagine why Billy would want to sell this stuff though, it's his history. He's even selling his gold records, guitars, setlists, clothes.

Yes, especially that letter! But I think he fell out with Morrissey a long time ago. I don't think he has any kids, so I guess he'd rather things go to his fans.

Crykey why do I come here. Reckon you c*** thick tit wackers are so f***ing lost. The post card is real because that's how The California Son writes, he doesn't write like a child. That was something some weird foreigner brit manager told him to do when he was in that shitty band the smiths. He had to continue doing it it, just like he has to continue talking with a fake brittish accent to sell merch to foreigners. More evidence that The California Son and his sister were really born in Moz Angeles and are Americans inn nnn nnn n nnn n nnnn nnnnnnnn it.

Morrissey USA.jpg

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom