The Cure announce epic UK 40th anniversary show

The NME actually have an article on their site that's worth reading!!!

"The Cure announce epic UK 40th anniversary show – with huge support acts

http://www.nme.com/news/music/the-c...london-hyde-park-support-acts-tickets-2170685

The Cure have announced details of their only European show of 2018 – with a special 40th anniversary celebration gig at London’s Hyde Park as part of British Summer Time festival.

The band, who formed in 1976, will be celebrating 40 years since the release of their first ever single with a show outdoors London gig. Renowned for their marathon, hit-packed, sprawling shows, this will mark the band’s first UK gig since their residency at London’s SSE Arena Wembley last winter.

Robert Smith and co will be joined by special guests – including the return of Interpol, along with Goldfrapp, Editors, Ride, Slowdive, and The Twilight Sad.

The Twilight Sad were especially hand-picked by The Cure to tour with the band on their entire 2016 world tour. See their exclusive NME tour photo diary here.

The Cure will headline London’s Hyde Park for British Summer Time 2018 on Saturday July 7. There will be a special pre-sale for fans and Barclaycard customers from 9am today before going on general sale from 9am on Friday December 15. Tickets will be available here."

http://www.nme.com/news/music/the-c...london-hyde-park-support-acts-tickets-2170685

Post your favourite Cure tracks! Or don't! Whatever!

Last edited by a moderator:
For Morrissey's 40th anniversary show, he will add "I Am Two People", "(To Give) The Reason I Live", and "In Your Lap" to setlist as special attractions, along with an extra pre-show video or two.

Or he'll just cancel the gig.

Last edited:
B-side of staring at the sea cassette, the whole thing.

I love to the sky. I remember finding that gem on a 12" b-side in the early 90's. Got it on cd as a mix by Steve masters in early 90's as well stood out at the time because you couldn't find it anywhere. My morrissey/smiths collection is only rivaled by my cure collection.

"Tim Pope announces he will collaborate with Robert Smith on a documentary on the iconic band."

“The film to which I will bring my own style of jiggery-pokery will use as well as 'old favourites' a cornucopia of material from Robert’s collection which has never been seen before: Super-8; interviews; bootlegs; rare performances; behind-the-scenes, blah.”

"Earlier, Pope tweeted that Smith had sent him a huge stack of archive material, saying: “50 boxes of ‘stuff’ has just arrived at mine. Just peeked and apart from dust they seem to be filled with what looks like films, photographs, memorabilia. They go by the year. Hm. Can’t wait to get cracking, though might take me a while.”"

http://www.radiox.co.uk/artists/cure/director-announces-40th-anniversary-film-cure/

Heard The Cure's version of The Beatles Hello Goodbye for the first time earlier! Makes me smile!

Back
Top Bottom