The dreadful state of UK ticket sales

I recently wrote a brief exploration of how drastically Morrissey's ticket sale figures have plummeted in the UK, with special attention given to the startlingly low sales for the upcoming Leeds gig.

With two weeks to go until the show, huge quantities of seats remain unsold in some of the best blocks in the venue while standing floor tickets also remain.

Full article can be seen online here.

1*LsogXWhUXkVhjvajZMKTgw.jpeg

I think Damon Albarn is worth more than a shit somehow. He wanted to work with Moz and Moz said NO.

And something else. Did Moz recently release a collaborative covers album with a whole host of stars or was I hallucinating?
A whole host of stars? Billie Joe Armstrong and who else? A handful of nobodies who weren’t even in the studio with him? At any rate, I’m not talking about a cheap cameo on a meaningless covers album. I’m talking about a real songwriting partnership, better band mates, so on.

A whole host of stars? Billie Joe Armstrong and who else? A handful of nobodies who weren’t even in the studio with him? At any rate, I’m not talking about a cheap cameo on a meaningless covers album. I’m talking about a real songwriting partnership, better band mates, so on.
Moz doesn't really 'do' mates. I think he finds it hard being around people. The fact that he ever got out of his bedroom to take the quantum leap of forming The Smiths is a miracle we should be glad of.

There are undiscovered geniuses up and down England who are forever in obscurity for so many reasons. I really believe that.

Last edited:
A bit of advice: don't get yourself wound up when you hear a view contrary to your own. I actually seek out other people's opinions - no matter how far they are from my own. I find debate stimulating.
No matter how far they are from my own.... the other night I listed a few heart felt life experiences of my own, disability, homosexuality, race... your last post to me was .... leave this site you clown..... I’m not posting this for a public row, we done that the other day... you did not respond to me with debate or stimuli .... it’s obvious we are two sides of a coin but please, your view isn’t the only view... people need to live their live unaffected by this sort prejudice

If you are interested in who I am you can follow me, the author, here https://www.instagram.com/fatgayvegan/ or here https://twitter.com/FatGayVegan

My book can be purchased here https://www.amazon.co.uk/Fat-Gay-Vegan-Drink-Live/dp/184899351X

I have been using the name Fat Gay Vegan on this site for a while. Probably a few years. I used to have an old handle going back many years called 'readywith' but that became redundant and hasn't been used for a long time. They are the only two names I have ever posted under on this website.

A well known blogger that writes with a passion on a diverse range of subjects. Thanks, FGV.

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
The current band are excellent, especially the keyboard/ multi-instrumentalist fellas. Remember his flamenco guitar work on Stairway to University. Amazing. And remember how Alain used to bodge every Smith song he attempted? His ham-fisted butchering of 'Is it really so strange' defied belief.

I wrote the article because the subject matter interests me.

I used screen grabs to show how many tickets were remaining. I could see how many seats were remaining for the Leeds gig by looking at the seating map and in my opinion, there was a significant number of unsold tickets.

Morrissey-solo did not change the title of my article. I chose the title 'The dreadful state of UK ticket sales' when I loaded the post into the forum as I felt it best represented the situation.

The title is apt and the article is spot on. Many in Solo just do not understand the reality of Morrissey's current situation. Some believing themselves to be fans just make matters worse with their knee-jerk nonsense.

I think you presented the information as you see it and the identified source(s). If only the same could be said for the attack-dogs.

Great job!

I don't see anything wrong with his current band. I still enjoy the music.
Me to ... I think it’s called progression in an artists career, some folk crave , this or that era with moz, or that album was better than tother , I love the Latino in some songs , also the heavy guitars, all bands , singers, change over the years if they are still selling...last time I seen moz and the band was a couple of years back in Newcastle, I wish you lonely was great live . Bet he won’t sing it’s over live, only one person Could have done that,

What's funny about this thread is the absolute manifest nature of Thewlis's mental state. Defend anything and everything despite evidence and fact. Truth is a stranger to this 'person'. But - you know, watch them continue. This sad case used to organise after-gig parties in Amsterdam, and must have been scratching around for something to do. B
incontrovertible
ut, you know, kudos on finding a purpose - triumphing the opposite of truth. Magnificent.

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

No matter how far they are from my own.... the other night I listed a few heart felt life experiences of my own, disability, homosexuality, race... your last post to me was .... leave this site you clown..... I’m not posting this for a public row, we done that the other day... you did not respond to me with debate or stimuli .... it’s obvious we are two sides of a coin but please, your view isn’t the only view... people need to live their live unaffected by this sort prejudice
Of course my view is not the only view - I realise that, which is why I am more tolerant than you of differing opinions. Now when someone effectively threatens to brick your windows for having an opinion (like you did) then you should have taken the 'clown' comment on the chin.

I am a nobody. I hold no power over how other people choose to think, but I will air my opinions whether they upset people or not. People have heatedly debated and argued since the time of the Ancient Greeks about every subject under the sun. Nothing should ever be out of bounds in discussion.

To view opinions you disagree with as 'prejudiced' is highly condescending as I could simply state the same about yours. Words like 'prejudiced' and 'racist' are fairly recent devices that are used as weapons to close down discussions and debates. Which is why they should be ignored. No one opinion is necessarily the right one. The idea of there being only only view to hold on a subject - or else! - smacks of the kind of totalitarianism that Orwell warned us of.

Only 130 years ago we were sending children to work 18 hour shifts in toxic factories and thinking it was fine. It's fashionable now to support family-friendly gayness and trans issues, but what will be fashionable in 20, 50 or a hundred years? Will paedophilia be fashionable then, and will people be berated and warned for speaking out against it?

Okay, so maybe his following has decreased. Maybe he doesn’t sell as many albums or tickets as he used to. But who cares? Why dwell on this? Nobody’s going to stay on top forever. Elvis didn’t, Frank didn’t, Bowie didn’t. Etc. There are still a huge amount of people across the globe who love Moz and his music. I am one. He and his music and lyrics have meant too much for me for way too many years for me to just ‘quit’ him over some shit like his personal opinions. I’m not even sure what those opinions really are. He is too conflicted, too complicated, too hard too pinpoint.

I find it despicable and, frankly, ungrateful, that some people so easily are willing to turn their backs on him after everything his music has meant to them, just because he might have some obscure opinions that possibly differ from their own.

I think, Gregor, you understate how once loyal fans feel about these not at all "obscure opinions". You do them an injustice.

Some fans were apologists till they couldn't apologise any longer - for years.
I applaud each and everyone of them for taking a direct stand against Morrissey's actions.

And won't you all look splendid wearing your For Britain badges. Zeig heil!
If we were that way inclined, which is to the contrary ( you haven’t grasped this just yet) then hovis would round you up , put you in a field, then I would blow your only brain cell out.... one less closet homosexual for horse head Hofmann to worry about..... and his ilk

Reminder to fatgayvegan.
Your nieces and nephews will remember you as their weird as f*** uncle, and then once they die, NO ONE, literally no one will remember you.
Hundreds of years from now, hundreds of thousands to millions of people will remember Morrissey (even if they are all South American)

That’s a disappointing answer. The article exists, yes, but it consists of rumours and false assumptions. Furthermore the title has been changed to a dreadful untruth presented as a fact. Perhaps you didn’t see it at first, but you do see it now. So what are you going to do about it now you have seen it?

Ignore it. Ignore you. If racist and homophobic comments can be posted daily and with impunity why should this factual post be targeted just because you object to factual reporting.

So when Morrissey interviewed himself (with the stooges SER and Dodwell) and those interviews were repeated here verbatim - should they too be banned? Should Morrissey's own false assumptions about race and sexual violence be banned?

How far are you willing to take this ban of yours?

Tags
morrissey racism ticketmaster tour

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom