The dreadful state of UK ticket sales

I recently wrote a brief exploration of how drastically Morrissey's ticket sale figures have plummeted in the UK, with special attention given to the startlingly low sales for the upcoming Leeds gig.

With two weeks to go until the show, huge quantities of seats remain unsold in some of the best blocks in the venue while standing floor tickets also remain.

Full article can be seen online here.

1*LsogXWhUXkVhjvajZMKTgw.jpeg

With all due respect, I think your first paragraph here is mostly bollocks. Sure, there are one or two unhinged fans who are of the "No matter what he says, they agree with him" mindset (and they tend to bang on and on and on, the same way that the equally unhinged ex-fans do), but there are plenty of us who have our own opinions, thank you, quite often disagree with Morrissey on something, but still feel able to get a lot of enjoyment out of his music, despite everything.

That just doesn't make for a very exciting online argument, does it? You know, with nuance and stuff.

I'm glad to hear that you often disagree with Morrissey and don't try to emulate him, erm... BookishBoy. Sadly, there's more than one or two on here that do. Admittedly, there's hardly an army (the numbers have dropped, as we know), so you're right there. What are the things that you often disagree with him? It could be helpful for some of us against racism to know how you, and other Morrissey fans, balance your disagreement with your acceptance of him. Thanks.

His latest single is absolutely awful. Repetitive lyrics and what the f*** is that din from his awful band.
Who in their right mind can see any brilliance in that.
He needs to sack that band and that dreadful sound that is on every single album he makes now.
Who in their right mind pays money to hear such a din and see a stiff Morrissey giving a couple of clicks of his microphone cable.

Yes, but this tour is the first UK tour since his support of For Britain and this may be partly the reason for poorer than expected ticket sales.
It may be yes, but unlikely. He already supported AMW in 2017 and voiced admiration for Farage long before that.

Why so slow, SER. You have a history of planting your terrible collages to bump down unflattering stories. Why so slow.

I recently wrote a brief exploration of how drastically Morrissey's ticket sale figures have plummeted in the UK, with special attention given to the startlingly low sales for the upcoming Leeds gig.

With two weeks to go until the show, huge quantities of seats remain unsold in some of the best blocks in the venue while standing floor tickets also remain.

Full article can be seen online here.

1*LsogXWhUXkVhjvajZMKTgw.jpeg
THE DREADFUL STATE OF MORRISSEY SOLOW AND ITS RESIDENT TROLLS

So as things stand it’s looking like a very significant reduction from the 12k in 2018, even more concerning seeing as its his only date on the North of England, last time around he played Birmingham and Newcastle as well?

Will you stop with all of these reasonable points. You're upsetting the children.

blah blah You all negative bunch of loosers complaining about anything. lame loosers. You wanna make him a person he is not. He still king for me If you don't like it. Don't go to see him period! Go to listen to your trashy music. ! You Know who you are ! morrisey is just for real fans. Like me. So I'm glad he is touring the USA. Las Vegas here I'll go. To all the shows. !!

blah blah You all negative bunch of loosers complaining about anything. lame loosers. You wanna make him a person he is not. He still king for me If you don't like it. Don't go to see him period! Go to listen to your trashy music. ! You Know who you are ! morrisey is just for real fans. Like me. So I'm glad he is touring the USA. Las Vegas here I'll go. To all the shows. !!

Yikes! Numbskull much?

Let's try to gain a little perspective on this shall we?

Morrissey hates Morrissey Solo. He hates it!

That begs the question: if you describe yourself as a fan, why are you here!?

Why do you spend your days trolling a platform that your 'idol' hates? A platform he has pleaded with you to ignore?

If you only want to hear what Morrissey has to say, on any given subject, then you have Central.

If you want a 'wider' debate you have Solo.

If your hope is that Solo will miraculously tranform itself in a Morrissey love-fest you are quite mistaken.

If you don't like Solo, leave. Just go!

Let's try to gain a little perspective on this shall we?

Morrissey hates Morrissey Solo. He hates it!

That begs the question: if you describe yourself as a fan, why are you here!?

Why do you spend your days trolling a platform that your 'idol' hates? A platform he has pleaded with you to ignore?

If you only want to hear what Morrissey has to say, on any given subject, then you have Central.

If you want a 'wider' debate you have Solo.

If your hope is that Solo will miraculously tranform itself in a Morrissey love-fest you are quite mistaken.

If you don't like Solo, leave. Just go!
You go first.

You go first.

Now, that's just silly. Why woud I leave? I'm not afflicted by the Morrissey is God bug.

If there are those here that claim to support Morrissey then why are they failing to support him in this? He has pleaded with fans in interviews and on stage not to use Solo. If they 'love' him so much why do they come here, against his wishes. Strange kind of support that. Strange kind of love.

I'm glad to hear that you often disagree with Morrissey and don't try to emulate him, erm... BookishBoy. Sadly, there's more than one or two on here that do. Admittedly, there's hardly an army (the numbers have dropped, as we know), so you're right there. What are the things that you often disagree with him? It could be helpful for some of us against racism to know how you, and other Morrissey fans, balance your disagreement with your acceptance of him. Thanks.

I can't speak for any other fans, of course - only myself. It's weird, having spent my whole life pretty much living in very vibrant, multicultural cities in the UK and the US, I've always enjoyed the whole "melting pot" of what different people bring to other cultures.

I don't really know exactly what people mean by "racism" any more, but for Morrissey it seems to be a deeply conservative impulse that he's always had about 1950s/60s northern England, and wanting that to be preserved. The bombing in Manchester, on his birthday, clearly had a huge psychological impact on him and sharpened his view from "I wish things were like the old days" to "I think all of those people are bad and should be deported" etc. Which I completely disagree with - but it still doesn't make me hate him. He clearly spends too much time watching /reading idiotic stuff online, which is embarrassing. I will draw the line somewhere, of course, if his views get genuinely hateful, but so far I'm still on board. (He did, after all, mean more to me in the 80s than my own parents.) I hope that makes sense? It's complicated, for me.

I can't speak for any other fans, of course - only myself. It's weird, having spent my whole life pretty much living in very vibrant, multicultural cities in the UK and the US, I've always enjoyed the whole "melting pot" of what different people bring to other cultures.

I don't really know exactly what people mean by "racism" any more, but for Morrissey it seems to be a deeply conservative impulse that he's always had about 1950s/60s northern England, and wanting that to be preserved. The bombing in Manchester, on his birthday, clearly had a huge psychological impact on him and sharpened his view from "I wish things were like the old days" to "I think all of those people are bad and should be deported" etc. Which I completely disagree with - but it still doesn't make me hate him. He clearly spends too much time watching /reading idiotic stuff online, which is embarrassing. I will draw the line somewhere, of course, if his views get genuinely hateful, but so far I'm still on board. (He did, after all, mean more to me in the 80s than my own parents.) I hope that makes sense? It's complicated, for me.

I don't know what everyone else thinks racism means but I do know it when I hear it/read it/see it. Morrissey has uttered some guarded racist statements in the past but is now quite blatant. People can argue that that's not what he meant or that he has issues. I don't care. Whether he meant it or not it is still racist language and his use of it makes it more acceptable. Ignorance is no excuse for racism. Just look at how the racist language in this forum has sky-rocketed since 2017. That's a direct result, I believe, of Morrissey 'normalising' racism because of statements that he made - not interviews - statements.

When people, like Morrissey, say something like 'racism' has lost it's meaning that's a nail in the coffin for me. To attempt to demean the experiences of people who have fallen victim to racism is unacceptable and unforgiveable, in my view. His views of sexual violence falls into the same category for me, unforgiveable.

I had been with Morrissey from '83 till 2017. He meant a great deal to me and I genuinely do appreciate how difficult it is or can be to walk away. A huge part of my social network was related to The Smiths and Morrissey - over a very long period of time. I'm now only aware of 2 of those who continue to follow Morrissey. That dove-tails nicely in to the subject of this thread and why so many previous long-term fans will not attend the upcoming gigs. I gave all my Smiths/Morrissey stuff (as an avid collector there was a lot of it) to a local animal charity - that was a tough day but, for me, it was the right thing to do. I'm not suggesting anyone else do that.

I can't hate or be angry that people still follow Morrissey - that's got nothing to do with me - but I don't believe because I no longer follow him that my views are somehow invalid.

If Morrissey were to apologise for his comments and associations I'd be back on that tour (the only country I haven't seen him in is Australia). I know an apology is never going to happen but a little part of me won't ever stop hoping.

I don't know what everyone else thinks racism means but I do know it when I hear it/read it/see it. Morrissey has uttered some guarded racist statements in the past but is now quite blatant. People can argue that that's not what he meant or that he has issues. I don't care. Whether he meant it or not it is still racist language and his use of it makes it more acceptable. Ignorance is no excuse for racism. Just look at how the racist language in this forum has sky-rocketed since 2017. That's a direct result, I believe, of Morrissey 'normalising' racism because of statements that he made - not interviews - statements.

When people, like Morrissey, say something like 'racism' has lost it's meaning that's a nail in the coffin for me. To attempt to demean the experiences of people who have fallen victim to racism is unacceptable and unforgiveable, in my view. His views of sexual violence falls into the same category for me, unforgiveable.

I had been with Morrissey from '83 till 2017. He meant a great deal to me and I genuinely do appreciate how difficult it is or can be to walk away. A huge part of my social network was related to The Smiths and Morrissey - over a very long period of time. I'm now only aware of 2 of those who continue to follow Morrissey. That dove-tails nicely in to the subject of this thread and why so many previous long-term fans will not attend the upcoming gigs. I gave all my Smiths/Morrissey stuff (as an avid collector there was a lot of it) to a local animal charity - that was a tough day but, for me, it was the right thing to do. I'm not suggesting anyone else do that.

I can't hate or be angry that people still follow Morrissey - that's got nothing to do with me - but I don't believe because I no longer follow him that my views are somehow invalid.

If Morrissey were to apologise for his comments and associations I'd be back on that tour (the only country I haven't seen him in is Australia). I know an apology is never going to happen but a little part of me won't ever stop hoping.

Fair response.
Sadly, you’ll get the likes of Neal Cassidy (1 gig before 2015) and desperate for a nod and Thewlis who will shoot this down but you’ve been there a long time, and the above is well penned.

Fair response.
Sadly, you’ll get the likes of Neal Cassidy (1 gig before 2015) and desperate for a nod and Thewlis who will shoot this down but you’ve been there a long time, and the above is well penned.

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

<mega snip1>I no longer follow him <mega snip 2>

^^ So out of a missiv full of shit, this is the most relevant part.^^

After snipping I had to hose the rest of your shite off the scissors with a jet wash.

If you no longer follow him why even post anything at all?

Oh, I see, too much time on your hands yet again, skinny. FFS.

Bring on your next guest speaker please.

Tags
morrissey racism ticketmaster tour

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom