The dreadful state of UK ticket sales

I recently wrote a brief exploration of how drastically Morrissey's ticket sale figures have plummeted in the UK, with special attention given to the startlingly low sales for the upcoming Leeds gig.

With two weeks to go until the show, huge quantities of seats remain unsold in some of the best blocks in the venue while standing floor tickets also remain.

Full article can be seen online here.

1*LsogXWhUXkVhjvajZMKTgw.jpeg

So, in relation to FDA Leeds, looking at the maths, & the expectation from Moz, the maximum expected amount of seats sales would only have ever been 8.5k (the 65% allocation). Anything above this would be considered a bonus.

If, & with the strong caveat of basing things on hearsay posted on here, by the good & the bad, he's currently sold 7.5k, & with the chance of this increasing between now & the day of the concert, then I would not class this as a "dreadful state of UK ticket sales" as per this misleading, maligning, provocative & click-baiting thread title...it is actually meeting expectation.

It appears to me that this FatGayVegan has just posted this to put himself, & his cause(s), in the limelight, in much the same way as that Glasgow record shop (Monorail Music) tried to do.

I think FGV has achieved his limelight moment, but actually failed quite spectacularly in his wider mission to undermine Moz, & the mini-tour.
Yes he tried and he failed.
Or rather, he never even honestly tried and he failed.

You, in a mere couple of minutes, wrote a much better analysis of the situation, ‘state’, and without any of the sorry bias that FGV felt necessary.

So, in trying to work this out, in actual numbers:

Full FDA capacity is c.13.5k
Minus the upper tier - which Surface thinks is 5k.
Leaves total allocation at c.8.5k, which is the 65% available capacity Surface mentions. Moz must have agreed/been aware of this initial allocation & felt happy to proceed on that basis.

If there are, allegedly c.1k tickets remaining, as per Surface's comment, then that would suggest c.7.5k have been sold.
Thewlis, your figure of 9k isn't therefore realistic or achievable, based on the current % allocation. I'd be happy to see 8k achieved, which is pretty close to selling out the 65% allocation..

So, it's all 'guesstimation' at the moment as far as I can make out, & unless you worked in the ticket office, where all this would be monitored, you couldn't get an accurate figure on tickets sold.
The pro-Moz people will estimate higher sales, whereas the anti-Moz crew will always estimate down. Such is life, but all in all it's quite futile.

So, we'll not actually know anything until the event, or afterwards, unless it officially sells out & there are simply no tickets available.

Reasoned and I don't thing FGV would disagree with your conclusions. On the night is when the 'facts' will come to light. However, that does not negate FGV's current analysis or prediction based on available information. Pewless lives in a fantasy world and is already using your analysis as some form of 'justification' for something or other. However, from reading your comment I glean that you, we, they won't 'know' till the night. I don't believe FGV was disputing that.

excel-rose-171775.jpg

Take me down to spreadsheet city
where the cells are choice
and the functions are nifty!

Yeah not bad evennow...but don't go leaving your day job just yet ;)
I'd have left out that second 'are' tbh it flows better I reckon.

Yeah not bad evennow...but don't go leaving your day job just yet ;)
I'd have left out that second 'are' tbh it flows better I reckon.

Don't let it be said that I am nothing if not reasonable. The change has been made, and it is around 5am here so my brain isn't fully turned on yet. :)

A couple of thousand definitely. He will be playing in front of something like 8,000-9,000 in Leeds. I don’t know how many people he played in front of in 2018 in Leeds. But that’s the only reliable comparison one can make and not draw conclusions simply because you want to believe them as the writer has done here.

That's what we refer to as guesswork but do go on .....

No chance of opening other tiers. He may cancel Leeds due to 'logistical reasons

On unsold seats alone there's an approximate financial deficit of £50,000

He's got to play this well ......................

If he cancels he'll f*** off more fans and his insurance will rise again making future UK tours more problematic
If he takes the harsh financial hit and plays he'll be playing to a lot of people but nothing like the capacity of the venue (Leeds)

It's finance versus ego. Let's see which one wins.

His star is waning. He has to accept that.

Yes he tried and he failed.
Or rather, he never even honestly tried and he failed.

You, in a mere couple of minutes, wrote a much better analysis of the situation, ‘state’, and without any of the sorry bias that FGV felt necessary.

Assumption. Bias. The poster never stated how long it took them to put their comment together.

Don't let it be said that I am nothing if not reasonable. The change has been made, and it is around 5am here so my brain isn't fully turned on yet. :)

Barnaby are all your posts made at 5 am?:straightface:
when does your 'brain turn on'? at midnight?o_O with the power 'running out' at 12.05
thats about 99.99% of the day in brainless mode Barnaby not good.:straightface:

The reason non-fans or ex-fans come on here is to speak out against Morrissey promoting a far-right political party and to speak out against his various racist statements and his misogynistic views on #MeToo. The reason Morrissey fans come on here is to defend him. They don't feel the same way as Morrissey, but they desperately want to just so they can be closer to their idol or, more likely, so they can emulate him. If Morrissey made a statement today apologising for his racism and showing support of, say, Labour, they would all cheer him on. Not because they agree with his opinions, but because they agree with him. No matter what he says, they agree with him. They don't have an opinion, they wait for Morrissey to have one.

I really like FatGayVegan. He does a lot of hard work promoting veganism. His article here is very good indeed, but Morrissey posts on his website "Everything is fine", so Morrissey fans refuse to believe that his popularity has dropped along with album and ticket sales. But, that's OK. I'd just rather be myself and face reality than be someone conning themselves by saying things like "The tour is selling out!", "For Britain isn't far-right" or "Low in High School is good".

20,000 in two UK shows next month.
Things are looking bright!

So as things stand it’s looking like a very significant reduction from the 12k in 2018, even more concerning seeing as its his only date on the North of England, last time around he played Birmingham and Newcastle as well?

You’re completely wrong I’m afraid. He’d already voiced his support for For Britain before the hugely successful 2018 tour, and also a lot of the other quotes in that ‘article’ were from before that date. So no, they had no impact on sales and they will have no impact this time.
Yes, but this tour is the first UK tour since his support of For Britain and this may be partly the reason for poorer than expected ticket sales.

The reason non-fans or ex-fans come on here is to speak out against Morrissey promoting a far-right political party and to speak out against his various racist statements and his misogynistic views on #MeToo. The reason Morrissey fans come on here is to defend him. They don't feel the same way as Morrissey, but they desperately want to just so they can be closer to their idol or, more likely, so they can emulate him. If Morrissey made a statement today apologising for his racism and showing support of, say, Labour, they would all cheer him on. Not because they agree with his opinions, but because they agree with him. No matter what he says, they agree with him. They don't have an opinion, they wait for Morrissey to have one.

I really like FatGayVegan. He does a lot of hard work promoting veganism. His article here is very good indeed, but Morrissey posts on his website "Everything is fine", so Morrissey fans refuse to believe that his popularity has dropped along with album and ticket sales. But, that's OK. I'd just rather be myself and face reality than be someone conning themselves by saying things like "The tour is selling out!", "For Britain isn't far-right" or "Low in High School is good".

With all due respect, I think your first paragraph here is mostly bollocks. Sure, there are one or two unhinged fans who are of the "No matter what he says, they agree with him" mindset (and they tend to bang on and on and on, the same way that the equally unhinged ex-fans do), but there are plenty of us who have our own opinions, thank you, quite often disagree with Morrissey on something, but still feel able to get a lot of enjoyment out of his music, despite everything.

That just doesn't make for a very exciting online argument, does it? You know, with nuance and stuff.

Losers in life come here to dis Moz FFS.:lbf:
"ex fans", commies and pervs is more like it. Total losers.:thumb:

Tags
morrissey racism ticketmaster tour

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom