The dreadful state of UK ticket sales

I recently wrote a brief exploration of how drastically Morrissey's ticket sale figures have plummeted in the UK, with special attention given to the startlingly low sales for the upcoming Leeds gig.

With two weeks to go until the show, huge quantities of seats remain unsold in some of the best blocks in the venue while standing floor tickets also remain.

Full article can be seen online here.

1*LsogXWhUXkVhjvajZMKTgw.jpeg

I’ll try and take some photos of the auditorium. I’ve got general admission standing so should have a good view of the rest of the arena. Despite the low ticket sales, I’m really looking forward to it and determined to have a good time. I’m going to be checking my emails every 5 mins in the mean time to make sure it hasn’t been cancelled ?

I saw James there in 2018 and the top tier wasn't open for that, the atmosphere was still great though.

I saw James there in 2018 and the top tier wasn't open for that, the atmosphere was still great though.
Atmosphere is down to band/artist and audience. The band/artist has to hit most of the right 'notes' if it does that the audience responds well. Morrissey has a habit of adding real clunkers to his setlist and these would be best avoided in Leeds. I know he won't play a 'hit's show but he should consider adding more accessible stuff to keep the audience engaged and the reviews positive.

I saw him in Belfast (2009 - 4th night of tour), it was sold out, and it was one of the most lifeless shows that I have ever attended. It was terrible. The following night in Stirling (sold out) it was better but still not great. The next night in Dundee (sold out) was more of the same. These were followed by 2 nights in Glasgow (sold out) which were OK - although he murdered This Charming Man on both nights. To be fair he murdered TCM throughout the tour - that bass line, ugh!

The other nights that deserve mention were his birthday shows in Manchester (sold out). Piss poor both of them. Just piss poor. 38 shows that year in UK/Europe - none of them really worth it. I skipped another 6 shows I had tickets for. Others tours had a 'connect', a vibrancy, a sense of involvement on this tour he seemed to be phoning it in.

On a tour a band/artist has time to get it right. Morrissey doesn't have that luxury with Leeds. On the 2009 tour despite swathes of people obviously going to the bar/toilets during certain songs he played them night after night after night. He needs to ditch the clunkers and keep the pace /atmosphere moderate to high.

Atmosphere is down to band/artist and audience. The band/artist has to hit most of the right 'notes' if it does that the audience responds well. Morrissey has a habit of adding real clunkers to his setlist and these would be best avoided in Leeds. I know he won't play a 'hit's show but he should consider adding more accessible stuff to keep the audience engaged and the reviews positive.

I saw him in Belfast (2009 - 4th night of tour), it was sold out, and it was one of the most lifeless shows that I have ever attended. It was terrible. The following night in Stirling (sold out) it was better but still not great. The next night in Dundee (sold out) was more of the same. These were followed by 2 nights in Glasgow (sold out) which were OK - although he murdered This Charming Man on both nights. To be fair he murdered TCM throughout the tour - that bass line, ugh!

The other nights that deserve mention were his birthday shows in Manchester (sold out). Piss poor both of them. Just piss poor. 38 shows that year in UK/Europe - none of them really worth it. I skipped another 6 shows I had tickets for. Others tours had a 'connect', a vibrancy, a sense of involvement on this tour he seemed to be phoning it in.

On a tour a band/artist has time to get it right. Morrissey doesn't have that luxury with Leeds. On the 2009 tour despite swathes of people obviously going to the bar/toilets during certain songs he played them night after night after night. He needs to ditch the clunkers and keep the pace /atmosphere moderate to high.

Really decent post this.
Much the same feeling about 2009. It worked up later in the year, but...

I’ve seen Moz twice at Leeds arena, neither sold out and both “average” at best. Saw the Stone Roses and it was one of the best nights I’ve ever had at a gig.
If Morrissey wants to claim any sort of victory here, I’d keep any new tracks to 2/3. Bin the last 3 albums, and play to the crowd.
I just can’t see it, though.

Looks like he's been taught some new words in special needs home this week, when they said repeat after me, they should have explained that once the lesson ended he could stop.

No end to your talent is there??? Now mocking people with special needs? Jeezus wept you're the silly little man aren't you?? Nasty little f***er right there.

No end to your talent is there??? Now mocking people with special needs? Jeezus wept you're the silly little man aren't you?? Nasty little f***er right there.

Sorry, forgot you were related to each other. Actually I'm not sorry at all, Vegan's a troll and has been for a number of years, he likes to post nonsense and comes across as a retard.

Your statement would only hold credibility if you believe the named individiual does have special needs. Do you?

Sorry, forgot you were related to each other. Actually I'm not sorry at all, Vegan's a troll and has been for a number of years, he likes to post nonsense and comes across as a retard.
Why don't you and Respo just arrange to meet in a park somewhere and slug it out? This little pissing contest is not casting either of you in a good light.

Why do you go to so many shows if you don't enjoy going to any of them?

he is a lowlife type of skinny troll.:neutral:
to use such a word in this day and age what a moronovirus.:ant:

Why do you go to so many shows if you don't enjoy going to any of them?
Clearly some who doesn't understand the meaning of the word fan. Had you bothered to read my comment properly you'll note that I followed him on other tours - largely without incident. I went on the 2009 UK/EU tour with the expectation of enjoying myself or was that too much to expect when you have shelled out thousands of pounds for tickets, travel, accommodation, food and given up your job?

2009 was a turning point. After that I stopped booking anything outside the UK, then only select UK gigs. Now I wouldn't go to see him at all. He became a shadow of his former self almost like a caricature.

Aw look, someone has finally responded to one of your posts, shame it’s one of your relations.

Isn’t it a watershed moment for serial forum liar, Vegan.

“It’s sold out, it’s sold out, look, SOLD OUT...”

No. Vegan, you creature. It states there are thousands of tickets available. Thousands.

Trying to say Leeds is sold out is common proof he’s an imbecile.

Really decent post this.
Much the same feeling about 2009. It worked up later in the year, but...

I’ve seen Moz twice at Leeds arena, neither sold out and both “average” at best. Saw the Stone Roses and it was one of the best nights I’ve ever had at a gig.
If Morrissey wants to claim any sort of victory here, I’d keep any new tracks to 2/3. Bin the last 3 albums, and play to the crowd.
I just can’t see it, though.
:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Tags
morrissey racism ticketmaster tour

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom