The Far-Right and animal welfare

But none of this equals "he never mentioned Weinstein." This is the essence of "whataboutism."
I know that the casting couch exists but Weinstein is a convicted rapist. I know that Joan Crawford and many others had sex with directors and others that could help them. I applaud them for that really. But that's very different that what Weinstein did. He was a rapist and not everyone he had sex with was raped but he was powerful enough to get away with it when some of them didn't consent.
For Morrissey to comment on that and on Spacey and to blame the victims when he didn't even know the details of the accusations was unnecessary and wrong.
It doesn't matter if you can find a thousand people who said similar things going back to the dawn of time. My point was you tried to deny the context of his comments.
And with Spacey you tried to make it about the 70's groupie scene when that wasn't mentioned and isn't relevant to someone molesting a child after grooming them.
I know people that were raped and people that were molested and for Morrissey to blame the victims and make it harder for all victims to potentially speak about it is reprehensible and unforgivable. But I can almost forget that and enjoy his records.
I really like the latest record but when you bring these things up and are misleading about them either because you can't accept that it's completely justified that some people are angry about it, or because there is some kind of cognitive dissonance that causes you to create new contexts for his words and interpret them in different ways than what he literally said specifically it takes me back to being angry at him again.

That's why I'm saying collecting all the info is great but interpreting it for people in the way that you tend to do is not a good idea. I would say that you can probably interpret things like the comment about "Madonna and her African child" and make it work but "I hate rape but..." should probably be left alone to fade from memory.
🤒

always attacking , this FC of the many fake user names.:rolleyes:
FC whats this that you APPLAUD the harvey weinsteins that casting couched joan crawford FFS🥸
in some far away shuffle board tournament, Barbaby is shaking his head in embarrassment:head-smack:

FC YOU 'APPLAUDED' JOAN CRAWFORD!! FFS!:mad:

APPLAUDING FFS:blushing:
Za9BcL.gif

But none of this equals "he never mentioned Weinstein." This is the essence of "whataboutism."
I know that the casting couch exists but Weinstein is a convicted rapist. I know that Joan Crawford and many others had sex with directors and others that could help them. I applaud them for that really. But that's very different that what Weinstein did. He was a rapist and not everyone he had sex with was raped but he was powerful enough to get away with it when some of them didn't consent.
For Morrissey to comment on that and on Spacey and to blame the victims when he didn't even know the details of the accusations was unnecessary and wrong.
It doesn't matter if you can find a thousand people who said similar things going back to the dawn of time. My point was you tried to deny the context of his comments.
And with Spacey you tried to make it about the 70's groupie scene when that wasn't mentioned and isn't relevant to someone molesting a child after grooming them.
I know people that were raped and people that were molested and for Morrissey to blame the victims and make it harder for all victims to potentially speak about it is reprehensible and unforgivable. But I can almost forget that and enjoy his records.
I really like the latest record but when you bring these things up and are misleading about them either because you can't accept that it's completely justified that some people are angry about it, or because there is some kind of cognitive dissonance that causes you to create new contexts for his words and interpret them in different ways than what he literally said specifically it takes me back to being angry at him again.

That's why I'm saying collecting all the info is great but interpreting it for people in the way that you tend to do is not a good idea. I would say that you can probably interpret things like the comment about "Madonna and her African child" and make it work but "I hate rape but..." should probably be left alone to fade from memory.

This is why I avoid talking to you - you surely must be taking the piss.

Weinstein was not convicted at the time Morrissey was interviewed - they were having a general conversation about the MeToo movement which at that point involved more people & was also a discussion about the industry.

Morrissey was in LA - he didn't need to know anything about the Weinstein case to have picked up the gossip that was going round.

If you listened to the Der Spiegel tape you'd hear the journalist referring to David Bowie - it was after she mentioned David (who had sex with 14 year old girls) that Morrissey said Spacey might be being unfairly attacked.

Spacey isn't convicted of anything, as yet.

Weinstein was not convicted at the time Morrissey was interviewed - they were having a general conversation about the MeToo movement which at that point involved more people & was also a discussion about the industry.

Morrissey was in LA - he didn't need to know anything about the Weinstein case to have picked up the gossip that was going round.

If you listened to the Der Spiegel tape you'd hear the journalist referring to David Bowie - it was after she mentioned David (who had sex with 14 year old girls) that Morrissey said Spacey might be being unfairly attacked.

🤒

call in Judge Fake C and Bailiff SS Velcro:censored: to convict everybody asap:blushing:
except those that casting couched Joan Crawford-Barnaby can probably locate
at the old folk home-and parade them so they can be applauded.:innocent:

I can’t believe you are STILL rehashing this tired old subject. Meanwhile, Morrissey himself hasn’t mentioned it in ages.
The defenders are as tiresome as the haters in this particular instance. Move the eff on!

No Weinstein wasn't convicted at the time. I'm not sure how this affects Morrissey's decision to side with him and blame his victims except for confirming it was a bad decision to begin a sentence with the phrase, "I hate rape, but..."
And a mention of Bowie doesn't change Morrissey's comments on the allegations against Spacey. Although, as I said, you are good at compiling information and I had forgotten that three years ago when the tapes were released there was mention of Bowie. I was more focused on the point that he did make comments about these cases. His comments were about the portions of the interview that appeared in print and he didn't really specify how they had been unfair to him.
He in fact did say "Kevin Spacey was 26 and boy 14 was wondering where the boy's parents were. One wonders if the boy did not know what could happen. I do not know about you, but I've never been in situations like this in my youth."
He blames the victim and the victim's parents. Then he claims that he is being treated unfairly when his comments are published. So I was more focused on the fact that he did say these things and then later said that we shouldn't believe it if we don't hear him say it.
With the release of the audio we did hear it.
Whether or not this is relevant to any comments about Bowie is up to you.
If people don't support #MeToo because they feel it has damaged some people's careers unfairly, that's an opinion they're entitled to. If they feel that we should "separate the art from the artist" that's a reasonable point that can be debated. But "David Bowie had sex with underage groupies so we must hold in suspicion anyone who comes forward with charges against powerful men that they were raped or molested," is not a reasonable point of view and does not matter.

@Gregor Samsa states it very simply, "I can’t believe you are STILL rehashing this tired old subject."
I'm sorry that you feel you must avoid discussing these things that you've written volumes about on this site because I'm unable to agree with you, because I feel that the help you believe you're offering is actually damaging, and because you believe any other viewpoint must be "taking the piss" and I will try to avoid replying to you again. But I would also ask you to, at some point, decide that you have made your point and move on.

You don't need to swear to get your point across. The "Me Too" movement and "Times Up" have come out of Hollywood. It is a very sensitive subject sexual abuse and molestation. What worries me is it seems to be focused on wealthy celebrities in Hollywood not about everyday woman, men or children who get abused. There is something dodgy about "Me Too" and "Times Up". I don't like Harvey Weinstein he seems like a bully he is dodgy. Do you know much about the Jeffrey Epstein case?

No Weinstein wasn't convicted at the time. I'm not sure how this affects Morrissey's decision to side with him and blame his victims except for confirming it was a bad decision to begin a sentence with the phrase, "I hate rape, but..."
And a mention of Bowie doesn't change Morrissey's comments on the allegations against Spacey. Although, as I said, you are good at compiling information and I had forgotten that three years ago when the tapes were released there was mention of Bowie. I was more focused on the point that he did make comments about these cases. His comments were about the portions of the interview that appeared in print and he didn't really specify how they had been unfair to him.
He in fact did say "Kevin Spacey was 26 and boy 14 was wondering where the boy's parents were. One wonders if the boy did not know what could happen. I do not know about you, but I've never been in situations like this in my youth."
He blames the victim and the victim's parents. Then he claims that he is being treated unfairly when his comments are published. So I was more focused on the fact that he did say these things and then later said that we shouldn't believe it if we don't hear him say it.
With the release of the audio we did hear it.
Whether or not this is relevant to any comments about Bowie is up to you.
If people don't support #MeToo because they feel it has damaged some people's careers unfairly, that's an opinion they're entitled to. If they feel that we should "separate the art from the artist" that's a reasonable point that can be debated. But "David Bowie had sex with underage groupies so we must hold in suspicion anyone who comes forward with charges against powerful men that they were raped or molested," is not a reasonable point of view and does not matter.

@Gregor Samsa states it very simply, "I can’t believe you are STILL rehashing this tired old subject."
I'm sorry that you feel you must avoid discussing these things that you've written volumes about on this site because I'm unable to agree with you, because I feel that the help you believe you're offering is actually damaging, and because you believe any other viewpoint must be "taking the piss" and I will try to avoid replying to you again. But I would also ask you to, at some point, decide that you have made your point and move on.

:rolleyes:
its beautiful and perfect parenting allowing your 14 gay kid attend a party full of 26 yr old gay actors.:mad:

Fake C and Gogo Salmon:

Read.

Weep.

Cancel Labour Party membership.

Join Patriotic Alternative.

Smash Globalism. Piss off the billionaires. Put people first.

embury.jpg

I'd love to be able to say that it never gets old watching you and Nerak perform your mental gymnastics to absolve Morrissey of his opinions, but sadly it does. I don't doubt that the animal rights angle of For Britain is very appealing to Morrissey, but given his many remarks on the subjects of immigration and diversity, you can't in good conscience act like the rest of their ideology is irrelevant to him. Grow up.

It's ok to not like immigration and diversity.

I commentated on a fb clip ages ago.....fight on a council estate between chavs and Asians/blacks and i said "lovely.......chavs and immigrants". She replied "they're English". Sure they are. Even the chavs don't realize they're English anymore.
Chavs want to be black and privileged woke people tell Asians they are no longer Asian.

Back
Top Bottom