The Geek Test

I scored a disappointing 11%, for the lowest rating.

Anyway, the very existence of terms like "geek" and "nerd" is really a sad testament to the very worst elements of american culture. As if there was a reason to be apologetic about being knowledgeable, intelligent and taking an active interest in things.

cheers

God bless my 'Geekish tendencies' (not my words but the sites)

So what if I like to listen to band nobody else has heard of on a Saturday night instead of a party.

Huh, that's strange. I wonder why I got such a high score? No, wait, on second thought, I don't want to know. :o

Anyway, the very existence of terms like "geek" and "nerd" is really a sad testament to the very worst elements of american culture. As if there was a reason to be apologetic about being knowledgeable, intelligent and taking an active interest in things.

cheers

I agree with you to an extent. I embrace my geekiness. :)

I started to take the test then realized it was too long, taking up precious time I use to live in my fantasy world of birds and lizards where I've created my own secret language in order to make the real world a better place. :o

13% (That's rounded). Geekish tendencies. If it has been less computer stuff and more history etc, I would have got much, much more...

I think that 13% qualifies you for geek, but if you couldn't read the chart correctly, you clearly don't qualify. ;)

I agree - there's way too much computer stuff, and not nearly enough cultural stuff. I don't know a thing about Linux, but I was a member of the Sherlock Holmes Society. You'd think that would be worth something. :rolleyes:

I think that 13% qualifies you for geek, but if you couldn't read the chart correctly, you clearly don't qualify. ;)

I agree - there's way too much computer stuff, and not nearly enough cultural stuff. I don't know a thing about Linux, but I was a member of the Sherlock Holmes Society. You'd think that would be worth something. :rolleyes:

I swear it said 13% (well, 12.6...%) and next to it geekish tendencies. Although yes, I'm pretty sure I've disqualified myself from being a proper geek by not understanding the chart. ;)

I do think that the fact that I could talk for ages about the creation of enclosures and the industrial revolution should count for something though. Oh, and I'm very interested in carrying capacity. I'm just a different type of geek..

15.18738% - Geek

hmmm, don't know whether to be happy or disappointed. I thought i would have rocketed off the score chart! :eek: :)

I swear it said 13% (well, 12.6...%) and next to it geekish tendencies. Although yes, I'm pretty sure I've disqualified myself from being a proper geek by not understanding the chart. ;)

You're right Munchy - I just took the test again, and my score is close to yours - geekish tendencies. I misread the chart beneath. Well, I never was very good with numbers. :o

I do think that the fact that I could talk for ages about the creation of enclosures and the industrial revolution should count for something though. Oh, and I'm very interested in carrying capacity. I'm just a different type of geek..

Two endlessly fascinating subjects that are still totally relevant today. :)

8.08679% - Poser

WTF @ "Clerks" being a geeky movie.

Back
Top Bottom