The Independent - Morrissey comments on Hollywood sexual abuse scandal

Famous when dead

Vulgarian
The Independent.
By Roisin O'Connor.

Morrissey comments on Hollywood sexual abuse scandal, says some victims are 'just disappointed'.

Excerpt:

"Morrissey has invited fresh criticism over comments he made about Harvey Weinstein and Kevin Spacey.

The former Smiths frontman spoke about the ongoing sexual harassment scandal in Hollywood, reportedly calling claims against Spacey "ridiculous" and arguing that definitions of harassment and assault have become too broad.

“As far as I know, he was in a bedroom with a 14-year-old. Kevin Spacey was 26, boy 14. One wonders where the boy’s parents were," he told Der Spiegel, according to a translation cited by AV Club."

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-e...spiegel-interview-rape-backlash-a8063476.html

Regards,
FWD

Needs it's own thread?
Given the size of the existing one, the fact its MSM and now you've commented on - I can't delete it... Um, yes! :)
I'm sure a kind soul will move it, but media reaction to the article should really be seperate from the main thread as besides being so full of divergent sub-conversations (it's a nightmare to sift through) the press reaction to the article is slightly different to the article itself is it not?
Regards,
FWD.

Last edited:
Maybe someone should tell Morrissey that sexual assault victims are animals, too.

I think this particular topic needs its own thread. This particular statement/rationale is void of any decency/justice/humanity/compassion.

Is this what he thinks people are thinking in the privacy of their own homes. Good people are not thinking this. I do not think this. This is broken thinking.

Trolling to the lowest depth at the ultimate victimization of people, with a lack of humility for the regard of people's pain concerning sexual abuse at the hands of people in a position of power.

I had a mentor teach me a valuable lesson as I ascended to a position where you have power over people lives. He made it a figure of speech and said "you have to be a benevolent king, you cannot take the head of everyone who comes before you".

I think this particular topic needs its own thread. This particular statement/rationale is void of any decency/justice/humanity/compassion.

Is this what he thinks people are thinking in the privacy of their own homes. Good people are not thinking this. I do not think this. This is broken thinking.

Trolling to the lowest depth at the ultimate victimization of people, with a lack of humility for the regard of people's pain concerning sexual abuse at the hands of people in a position of power.

I had a mentor teach me a valuable lesson as I ascended to a position where you have power over people lives. He made it a figure of speech and said "you have to be a benevolent king, you cannot take the head of everyone who comes before you".

The most disturbing aspect of this ridiculous trolling is the sociopathic lack of empathy. Is a child of 14 responsible for their parent's failure to protect them from predatory situations? The fact that a 14 year old boy was allowed to end up in Spacey's bedroom may (or may not) be indicative of parental neglect but that's irrelevant. No amount of parental neglect invalidates the 14 year old child subjected to abuse. The whole point of an 'age of consent' is to acknowledge that young people often do foolish things as they develop and society has a duty to protect them. Protect them from their own foolishness and any parental neglect. Does Morrissey really not understand that not everybody is blessed with protective parents? He has a vast slime trail of idiotic trolling but this is up there with trolling terrorist atrocities in Oslo, Paris and Manchester.

Yeah I think he really stepped in it with this one. I get what he was trying to say but Spacey (who I've always liked) has like 20 accusers. Maybe the Al Franken thing is unnecessarily inflated but not Spacey. Not Weinstein for f***'s sake.

This is very self-destructive. He does seem intent on ruining himself. It's a shame because his new album is better than what the anti-Moz no-matter-what brigade wish it to be. Personally I don't like how he reflects on vegans, who for the most party are more empathetic than your average human. I'm hoping for clarification. I'm not going to do gymnastics trying to defend him. He can be a bit of a prick.

Back
Top Bottom