the little prince..

N

nhon

can someone explain to me the moral/meaning to the story of "the little prince"? i've read the story and couldn't relate or make anything out of it.. and i know that the story is among the favorites of morrissey fans.. and hoping to get some answers here..

My wife and I had our first child in August. Shortly after my son was born,while my wife slept, I ran out and bought a copy of the book to read to him. The "big deal" is that it was James Deans favorite(sp?) book as a child. In the video for suedehead, the litle blonde boy gives moz a copy.........as far as a moral to the story.......I think(and I could be wrong) that the prince goes all over to different places t see life.....but realizes that no matter where you go, it will never be as god as home. I could be totally wrong....but that is what I take from the story.

> can someone explain to me the moral/meaning to the story of
> "the little prince"? i've read the story and couldn't
> relate or make anything out of it.. and i know that the story is
> among the favorites of morrissey fans.. and hoping to get some
> answers here..
i thought the moral was that one should never allow others(the adults) to spoil or jade one's view of life, that one should never lose one's imagination. it is wonderful to be a child and children are often not listened to but i believe that they know the true meaning of life before they have to memorize numbers and facts, they have not been corroded by the world, they know the essence of life like the boa constrictor, it was what was inside that mattered. i think it is very relevant to the menaing of morrissey and exemplies how special things really are like the rose on the little prince's planet. there were lots of roses on earth but his rose was so special and the roses on earth should be special too, like children when there is so many no one takes any notice blah blah blah...i could go on forever and bore you with tiresome facts you've already read in the book but i think everyone has their own interpretaion and find different meanings in it like morrissey songs!

Salome

> Although the book certainly has many worthwhile themes . . . the most meaningful theme to me is the notion that we all place a great amount of weight and importance and focus on the mundane things that we are trying to accomplish (like the adults in the book) that we myopically lose the opportunity to experience all that life has to offer, i.e., other worlds, other ways of doing things, other types of people, other interesting genres (for example, and I'm being intentionally simplistic, someone who listens only to Top 40 and wonders who the hell Bjork is!), other hobbies and activities. We become pigeon-holed, rather than well-rounded. This theme . . . the book . . . helped me become more open-minded to different things . . . and to treasure things that weren't necessarily within the realm of my family's limited experiences . . . while still not compromising my morals and standards.

Thanks to those who made the effort to post this topic . . . it's a refreshing and much needed change from the usual topics!!

Back
Top Bottom