The Moz/Smiths Top 100, FINAL RESULTS, 101-234

I am Two People and Ouiji Board should be WAY higher.
Bad Mozzy fans. :D

It says a hell of alot about the quality of the artist when classics like Meat is Murder, Shakespears Sister, The Loop, You have killed me, Never had no one ever, Death of a disco dancer and Glamorous Glue (and many more) dont even make the top 100.

Incredible back catalogue.

Thanks again Houdini - how come you took off the dates?

I know, the thing that I noticed was on many songs people were going, I have never heard this? How can you not have heard a Moz or Smiths song in this day and age. :eek:

I know, the thing that I noticed was on many songs people were going, I have never heard this? How can you not have heard a Moz or Smiths song in this day and age. :eek:

Do you mean how can people not have heard some of the obscurer b-sides? I'll happily admit that even though I had every album, I never bothered to track down the singles & rarer stuff until I found Stephane's page and these forums. So if the voting had been last year, there'd have been several songs which were completely unfamiliar to me. So nyah!

Do you mean how can people not have heard some of the obscurer b-sides? I'll happily admit that even though I had every album, I never bothered to track down the singles & rarer stuff until I found Stephane's page and these forums. So if the voting had been last year, there'd have been several songs which were completely unfamiliar to me. So nyah!

see, fair weather fan... ;) :p

You can call me that, as long as I can call you a fascist and Philistine... :D

To be fair, a lot of these b-sides were never officially released in the US...

you bloody can not!

I know that, actually I have happily shared b sides and stuff over the years I know it is hard to get stuff on occasion and I do feel the pain of not being able to get stuff or having to pay a fortune for it, so like I say I have and still do share.
I have been so gratefull myself when people have shared with me.

Newbie here so I didn't vote - but I'm obviously in a minority here who thinks that Asian Rut is special. I also noticed lots of people named it as 'Worst Track' on Kill Uncle on the other thread.
For me there is something sonically beguiling about this track. Don't ask me why - it just gets me every time.

There were a few I've never heard either. I don't buy any of the singles so not familar with alot of the b-sides.

Back
Top Bottom