The music video thread

Iona Mink

Despitemybetterjudgement
I thought I would start a thread which celebrates interesting and creative music videos.

With the likes of Michel Gondry and Spike Jones making innovative 3 minute films set to music, it would be interesting to see if there are others. The music could be pants and the song awful but if there is a music video that has stuck with you, post it here. It doesn't have to be a cinematic masterpiece but a clip that keeps you watching.

Here is one. It's not a great song and nowhere near the realm of Beastie Boys Sabotage in terms of film making but it kept me watching.

Last edited by a moderator:

I thought I would start a thread which celebrates interesting and creative music videos.

With the likes of Michel Gondry and Spike Jones making innovative 3 minute films set to music, it would be interesting to see if there are others. The music could be pants and the song awful but if there is a music video that has stuck with you, post it here. It doesn't have to be a cinematic masterpiece but a clip that keeps you watching.

Here is one. It's not a great song and nowhere near the realm of Beastie Boys Sabotage in terms of film making but it kept me watching.

I love watching this. It had to have been professionally choreographed. That part where they put one foot on the belt going one way and the other going the other way and rotate? Very well done.

I had no idea there was a woman in New Order. :o I never watched a video, saw them in a magazine. I have a greatest hits album but there's no pictures and when they were big and on magazine covers I was a tiny kid uninterested in music.

I love watching this. It had to have been professionally choreographed. That part where they put one foot on the belt going one way and the other going the other way and rotate? Very well done.

Plus it was done in one take and with no one filming them. It looks like they just put a camera on a tripod and pressed record.

CB, what do you like about that music video?

CB, what do you like about that music video?

Its simplicity; the focus on their faces and the cinematography and that its played live.

And it wouldn't be a post from me if it didn't have a gif, so here is one for you Iona.

tumblr_m7ff33wVhQ1r8yl76o1_500.gif

I quite like the song, but the video would have been memorable to me even if I didn't.
And, it features Adrien Brody, which is always a plus in my book, even if it is only his head! :thumb:

I quite like the song, but the video would have been memorable to me even if I didn't.
And, it features Adrien Brody, which is always a plus in my book, even if it is only his head! :thumb:

It's such a nice video. I'd never seen it - thanks.

Not running in Tori Amos fan circles, I only discovered recently that she was once raped by a 'fan'. What a horrible thing to happen.

some from my top video list:

Jeanny - Falco

Worlock - Skinny Puppy
-seeing this next video is when I fell in lubs with Hikki* I think

Keep Tryin - Utada Hikaru

Never Win - Fischerspooner

Schweine - Gluckoza

Somebody That I Used To Know - Gotye & Kimbra

Heavy Starry Chain - Tommy Heavenly6
&
now for something completely different, this is Boyd Rice utilizing an old Disney cartoon from WW2

Total War

--I have about another 500 videos on my youtube "favorite" list...

*=actually, I love all of her videos, but decided to just pick just one

This combines two of my favorite things XTC & The Prisoner:

I don't particularly like the song but this is Do Not Forsake Me Oh My Darling's music video for "EPISODE 1: ARRIVAL" is a shot-for-shot remake of the opening sequence of the '60s cult spy-fi TV show The Prisoner. The video was produced & directed by Theodore Cormey of Lost Jockey Productions and took nearly 2 years of planning and 11 days of shooting to accomplish.

I hate Torn Anus, and this video is awful, but this is a really good song.

grrrrrrrRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAHHHHHH!

Sometimes TBWTTIHS has to blend.

Something that always quietly intrigues me about this video (other than Mozzy's beautiful androgenous dance :horny:) is that it was filmed in Death Valley. And not the ominous name so much, but the fact that other than being the lowest point in America below sea level, Death Valley is famous for the 20 Mule Team Borax brand of soap, the borate crystals were mined in large part in Death Valley. Borax is primarily soap, used to clean things. Marion Frances Smith started the company with his brother Julius, the Smith brothers. It's like the monster that was spawned has a cool link to cleaning shit up and making things better.

Francis_Marion_Borax_Smith.jpg

I must be super bored, sitting at home on a Friday shoplifting history. :p

Back
Top Bottom