The official Democratic National Convention thread

It's been awhile since we had a Gallup poll update.

Oh my:

tl5xazv3nucritnggvi34q.gif

I think Obama is not going to win in Florida. And he seems to be getting Michigan. SO it's up to Ohio now and its 20 electoral votes. It's practically a must because the other swing states seem to be favoring McCain, and historically have been Republican. If Obama gets Ohio, he will be the next president of the United States. Independents in Ohio seemed to have liked Obama more in the debates (CNN tracked).

So go out and vote OHIO!!! unless you are Republican.

JoyDiv007...what kind of volunteer work is there to do?

and what kind of feedback have you been getting while you're out canvassing? and what kind of demographics are you talking to?

We have lists of undecided voters or ones who have voted Democrat in the past. It's good mix of young, older, married, single. They got these from the voting records.

We get a few McCain people and a few few Obama supporters and the rest say they are undecided. If they talk to us and take the Obama info then we tend to believe they are leaning towards Obama. Least we hope so.

Well you can go out canvassing, make phone calls or just be at the office to talk to people when they come in. Most want yard signs which we don't have yet. Need them ASAP, since the McGeezer/Dumbass signs are out in my area.

My prediction for Election day.

A little gutsy for having both Ohio and Florida going to Obama, but with Palin/Obama sinking whenever Palin goes out and McCain speaks with no clue, Florida and Ohio will lean Obama (they are now tied). Obama only needs one of those states. If McCain wins both states, we will have 4 more years of Bush.

electoralprediction9_29.jpg

My prediction for Election day.

A little gutsy for having both Ohio and Florida going to Obama, but with Palin/Obama sinking whenever Palin goes out and McCain speaks with no clue, Florida and Ohio will lean Obama (they are now tied). Obama only needs one of those states. If McCain wins both states, we will have 4 more years of Bush.

electoralprediction9_29.jpg

They're calling Virginiah for McCain (and solidly)? That's not what I'm seeing on the ground, and I'm not just talking about Northern VA, which is where all the votes are.

They're calling Virginiah for McCain (and solidly)? That's not what I'm seeing on the ground, and I'm not just talking about Northern VA, which is where all the votes are.

i think it is basically a tie there,but i also find fault with that map with new hampshire so strongly for obama,mccain is well liked in new hampshire.and its a tie right now there.

whomever wins,it wont be close,that is what i think.perhaps in the national numbers but in the actual electoral i think whomever wins, wins with a landslide.

a tie scenario is also very possible. In which case Obama would win (congress gets the tie breaker)

tieelectoral.jpg

McCain fan or not, you had to admit this was funny, at the debate:

*giggle*

Last edited by a moderator:
Friends and families helped put on a bakesale for Obama today. Doing our part, one cupcake at a time...:p

Bailey_Unknown-2.jpg

Pardon the ignorance, but what does this mean? You sell the pastries and the proceeds go to Obama? Isn't it a bit late for that. Most people by now should be aware of him.

I also hate it when people are so overtly political. It divides society. Sure, there are cases where you need to make a stand, but Democrats and Republicans are basically the same thing, dividing themselves over such petty things.

And this is something you really only see in the US. I mean in Chile, where people endured an awful 17 year dictatorship they have learned to reconciliate and most people keep their politics at the urns.
Here in Canada even more so. You just don't go around waving your political parties flag.

But my Grandpa who is American, can't have a conversation with someone without bringing out his hardcore Republican views. I honestly don't believe he could be friends with a democrat. Why hate half your country? Trust me there are plenty of people like that on both sides. This is why Moz calls it the divided states of America.

Pardon the ignorance, but what does this mean? You sell the pastries and the proceeds go to Obama? Isn't it a bit late for that. Most people by now should be aware of him.

I also hate it when people are so overtly political. It divides society. Sure, there are cases where you need to make a stand, but Democrats and Republicans are basically the same thing, dividing themselves over such petty things.

And this is something you really only see in the US. I mean in Chile, where people endured an awful 17 year dictatorship they have learned to reconciliate and most people keep their politics at the urns.
Here in Canada even more so. You just don't go around waving your political parties flag.

But my Grandpa who is American, can't have a conversation with someone without bringing out his hardcore Republican views. I honestly don't believe he could be friends with a democrat. Why hate half your country? Trust me there are plenty of people like that on both sides. This is why Moz calls it the divided states of America.

Um...how else is a government supposed to work? Who decides about abortion, war, taxes, gay rights, or...well you get the idea. So I should be apathetic and allow a conservative Supreme Court or a war in Iraq? Democrats and Republicans are not the same thing.

The proceeds of the bakery I assume go to the Obama Campaign which needs money up to the day of the election. Commercials, travel, propaganda does not pay for itself.

I just think your view of (American) politics is slightly naive (or maybe ignorant is the better word here. I don't know...i'm off to bed).

Last edited:

he needs $$$$$, durrrr :rolleyes:

not really. for the most part being of a different political party shouldnt be something that would cause you to end friendships, but there are definitely opposing views. and this is the most important election in the US, at least in my lifetime most likely, so thats why its so intense. if you had to endure 8 years of Bush maybe you'd understand a little better

And this is something you really only see in the US.

not really. Moz can be very political in his songs. there's definitely somewhat of a divide in the UK. maybe not as much as the US. I mean, didnt he write a song asking for Thatcher to die?

Well look at it this way. Democrats are up against their own incompetence and the incompetence of the republicans as well. They are fighting to keep separation of church and state, abortion rights, and civil rights in ways that the republicans do not. They are fighting to keep the market regulated, and as much as they (epically) fail, the flip side is much worse. The free-market is not going to smooth itself out forever. It will only lead to a shrunken middle-class and a ruined nation. That is why I am voting democrat.

Plus anyone voting for McCain must be blind to the existence of Palin, because that lady could become the president one day... and that scares the shit out of me... *shivers*

Plus anyone voting for McCain must be blind to the existence of Palin, because that lady could become the president one day... and that scares the shit out of me... *shivers*

but..but...Alaska shares a narrow maritime border with Russia...and on the other side...we are next to the land that is..Canada. and when Putin is like "hey peek-a-boo!"...you know where he goes? ALASKA!!

Well look at it this way. Democrats are up against their own incompetence and the incompetence of the republicans as well. They are fighting to keep separation of church and state, abortion rights, and civil rights in ways that the republicans do not. They are fighting to keep the market regulated, and as much as they (epically) fail, the flip side is much worse. The free-market is not going to smooth itself out forever. It will only lead to a shrunken middle-class and a ruined nation. That is why I am voting democrat.

Scarier for Obama to be the immediate leader.

*puts hand over Buzzetta's mouth* :mad: watch it!!

He opened the door and rang the bell. You cannot unring the bell.

Tags
gay baby polar bears groupthink hope mccain 2008 obama! oil whore r o n p a u l ! sarah palin is hot tony bennett in 2008
Back
Top Bottom