The Official "Game of Thrones" thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 1074
  • Start date
Where is the barcode, then?

viserys_targaryen_game_of_thrones_1280x720_023.jpg

so everyone agrees that Stannis is an allegory for early Christian kings fighting for the "one god"

20130210142146!Jack-Taylor-TV-Series.jpg

watched the first one of these, I liked it, will watch more of them tonight after work, maybe :o

Re: so everyone agrees that Stannis is an allegory for early Christian kings fighting for the "one g

This is one amazing fan edit.

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: so everyone agrees that Stannis is an allegory for early Christian kings fighting for the "one g

This is one amazing fan edit.

Awww man, I thought it was gonna be the real song, not some 21st century flash in the pan dime a dozen mopey chick lugubrious cover, devoid of melody and feeling.

Buzzkill.

Last edited by a moderator:

Watched 1/3 of season 5 today...
1386.gif

If Stannis is done, I am done with this show.

If Stannis is done, I am done with this show.

Stannis is a child murdering zealot and i hope Brienne sodomized his dead body with Renly's sword.

Stannis is a child murdering zealot and i hope Brienne sodomized his dead body with Renly's sword.

Yeah, I guess to you it is only OK when God did it to Jesus...

Yeah, I guess to you it is only OK when God did it to Jesus...

Oranges and apples, dear boy.

1. The fact that you are comparing Stannis to God is laughable
2. Jesus knew and accepted his fate to die for the greater good, Shireen did not
3. Jesus lived his life to maturity, Shireen was a child
4. Jesus was risen from the dead and enjoys life eternal (If you're into that sort of thing), Shireen is dead and that's all.
5. Suck a dick.

Oranges and apples, dear boy.

1. The fact that you are comparing Stannis to God is laughable
2. Jesus knew and accepted his fate to die for the greater good, Shireen did not
3. Jesus lived his life to maturity, Shireen was a child
4. Jesus was risen from the dead and enjoys life eternal (If you're into that sort of thing), Shireen is dead and that's all.
5. Suck a dick.

1. That isn't a point.
2. Shireen accepted. She told Stannis she would do whatever it takes to help. And like Jesus, in the moment of the sacrifice she was weak. "My God, why have you forsaken me?" Greater good of what? To cleanse us of sin? How is that a better sacrificial cause than uniting and protecting the realm from the White Walkers?
3. Technically, I think you could consider Jesus a man-child since he never passed into "manhood".
4. Ever heard of the Brotherhood Without Banners? Seems like the Lord of Light can do that thing too. Shireen's death actually makes the sacrifice, you know, an actual sacrifice.
5. Suck MY dick. No really. Right now.

1. That isn't a point.
2. Shireen accepted. She told Stannis she would do whatever it takes to help. And like Jesus, in the moment of the sacrifice she was weak. "My God, why have you forsaken me?" Greater good of what? To cleanse us of sin? How is that a better sacrificial cause than uniting and protecting the realm from the White Walkers?
3. Technically, I think you could consider Jesus a man-child since he never passed into "manhood".
4. Ever heard of the Brotherhood Without Banners? Seems like the Lord of Light can do that thing too. Shireen's death actually makes the sacrifice, you know, an actual sacrifice.
5. Suck MY dick. No really. Right now.

1. Yes it is.
2. Shireen consented AS A CHILD. She cannot consent to sacrificing herself just an underage girl can't consent to sex. She is too young to understand consequences. Killing her with her consent is murder just as f***ing her with her consent would be rape. Greater good my asshole. Obviously murdering his own child brought a curse upon him and if he is dead that is why. He didn't care to protect the realm. He wanted his rightful throne. Stannous spent his whole life being the strongest but most reviled Baratheon. He feels it is his turn. He doesn't care about anything else.
3. Ever hear of Mary Magdalene?
4. Maybe if the red lady hadn't fled like a c***, shrine could be saved. But she did, and she's not. Shut it.
5. Go clean the bathroom.

1. Yes it is.
2. Shireen consented AS A CHILD. She cannot consent to sacrificing herself just an underage girl can't consent to sex. She is too young to understand consequences. Killing her with her consent is murder just as f***ing her with her consent would be rape. Greater good my asshole. Obviously murdering his own child brought a curse upon him and if he is dead that is why. He didn't care to protect the realm. He wanted his rightful throne. Stannous spent his whole life being the strongest but most reviled Baratheon. He feels it is his turn. He doesn't care about anything else.
3. Ever hear of Mary Magdalene?
4. Maybe if the red lady hadn't fled like a c***, shrine could be saved. But she did, and she's not. Shut it.
5. Go clean the bathroom.

lex-luthor-wrong1.jpg

2. Maybe in America, yankee. Potato, po-tah-toe. The age of marriage and consent in the 12th century was between 12-14 years of age. The current age of consent, as with all social issues, reflects society's ever-fluctuating "standards"...currently. Not to mention, the fact we're talking about a mythical society that at best is at least 700 years behind our current one! It isn't like she was a toddler...she's a 15-year-old. A year younger, by the way, than 31 states in the U.S. allow for the age of consent! You're trying unsuccessfully to thrust modern sensibilities on another time period. If she has the right to be wed and impregnated, she has the right to consent to her death.

Yes, you know this because you watch the show and read the books. If you didn't lack empathy, you could place yourself in Stannis' mighty boots and understand his choices based on all he's seen and experienced. Also, they have never once given any indication in any way either on the show or in the books that Stannis is in it for anything other than taking his rightful place on the Throne and protecting the realms from the undead.

stannis-baratheon-book-vs-show.jpg

3. So, you're admitting that you think Jesus wasn't all the New Testament cracked him up to be? Interesting...

4. She fled because of poor writing. It makes no sense in any way that the sacrifice would not work. It completely contradicts everything we have seen about her powers and the Lord of Light...other than the fact that you have to take into account that the main writers of the show are a couple of cockfags who want some ugly dyke to kill off every popular male character on the show just to give her one "girl power" moment every season.

5. That's woman's work. I suggest you get to it.

If I could say a few words here...

I agree with Viva. The sacrifice not working is just stupid. Totally contradicts everything we've seen from Malificent or whatever the f*** her dumb name is.

It was a super powerful scene; maybe one of the best in the show. But something felt off about it and I think it had to do with her leaving in shame and embarrassment because she either had lost her powers (?) or lied (?) to get Stannis' kid out of the picture...bitches be doing that in real life, too, so I hope it was that.

Everything in my body told me to hate Stannis for doing that (up to that point my favorite character, or at least tied with Jorah), but after the scene was over, I somehow only rooted for him more.

Love. It's weird.

CIBnV6DWwAA1jFC.jpg

If I could say a few words here...

I agree with Viva. The sacrifice not working is just stupid. Totally contradicts everything we've seen from Malificent or whatever the f*** her dumb name is.

It was a super powerful scene; maybe one of the best in the show. But something felt off about it and I think it had to do with her leaving in shame and embarrassment because she either had lost her powers (?) or lied (?) to get Stannis' kid out of the picture...bitches be doing that in real life, too, so I hope it was that.

Everything in my body told me to hate Stannis for doing that (up to that point my favorite character, or at least tied with Jorah), but after the scene was over, I somehow only rooted for him more.

Love. It's weird.

CIBnV6DWwAA1jFC.jpg

Another problem I had with the scene was the writer's clear attempt to make you hate Stannis. Like it wasn't enough for them that he consents to his daughter being burned alive (for the good of the realms), but they made his wife, who had been nothing other than an absolute (lesbian) c*** the entire show, break down and cry "wah wah wah I can't do this!"

What nonsense! You can tell the writers have gone into LOST territory by not knowing where exactly their show is going.

Back
Top Bottom